|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: masters?

masters?

who will win? i think that it is ernie's year after him missing out by 1 to phil after phil played some magical golf. phil is playing well coming into the tournament but my money is on ernie
    any thoughts?

come on Greame MCdowell and Lunke Donald

I'm actually pulling for Montgomery. Oh, wait...

Phil then.
    Please, just call me Schemp...

Quote Originally Posted by jackdalad
    who will win? i think that it is ernie's year after him missing out by 1 to phil after phil played some magical golf. phil is playing well coming into the tournament but my money is on ernie
    any thoughts?

come on Greame MCdowell and Lunke Donald

Am I mentally handicapped, or did you post in a thread of the same topic about 21 hours ago?
    I keeps it real.

It'll be a Grand Slam for Lumpy this year. That's Tim Herron for those of you across the pond who may not recognize the name. That's right, all 4 majors of 2005 will belong to The Lump. He's going where Tiger can only dream about.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33
    Am I mentally handicapped,
    What's that have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33
    Am I mentally handicapped, or did you post in a thread of the same topic about 21 hours ago?
    wasnt me you must be mentally handicapped

Geez, no one ever gives credit to Vijay. He was runner up at least twice this year on the west coast swing. Vijay will win the Masters.

wasnt me you must be mentally handicapped
    This was posted in "The Masters...who will win" thread 22 hours ago:

I THINK THAT IT IS TIME FOR ERNIE ALTHOUGH PHIL IS PLAYING WELL AFTER WINNING THE BELLSOUTH IN A PLAYOFF BUT HISTORY IS AGAINST HIM FALDO JACK AND TIGER ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE TO WIN BACK -TO- BACK AND HE IS ONLY THE SECOND LEFTY TO WIN EVEN THOUGH HE IS RIGHT-HANDED APART FROM GOLF. WATCH OUT FOR LUKE DONOLD AND GREAME MCDOWELL COME ON THE IRISH HARRINTON ETC...
    "Momma always said I was a smart boooooy."
    I keeps it real.

Well, I wanted Tiger to win. I always want Tiger to win. I want to see him make a fool out of Jack Nicklaus' so-called "legacy" because he's so unbelievably talented, he grew up in OC like me, and well, he's my idol... except he went to Stanford, that must be why God is punishing him (I went to Cal).

Anyway, after reading this article, and shedding a tear, I must back the Big Sleezy. You go E-dog! You go!

As for who I *think* will win, I'm gonna have to say Vijay, because the man knows how to handle his bidness. Except for 18 at Bay Hill... ouch. That took some melon sized balls to go for that shot though, and that's what it takes to win the Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by kimchee411
    I want to see him make a fool out of Jack Nicklaus' so-called "legacy"
    Tell us why you think Nicklaus has a "so-called legacy".

I am rooting for one of the amateurs, List or Moore. I think either one has the game to really contend.

Beside those two, I would love to see Lefty win another. He is a super nice guy and deserves it. Back in 1994 at the President's Cup, he spent almost 30 minutes after a round talking with my kid brother, who is also a lefty, about his game. You don't see too many genuinely nice people in pro sports these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo35223
    Tell us why you think Nicklaus has a "so-called legacy".
    Are you seriously asking me, what's so great about Jack Nicklaus? Or did you just not pick up on the levity there?

Tiger really had a tough day. He looked human in every way and that is proof that there is hope for us yet.

Unhappy

Lumpy soiled the sheets a bit today, but I expect him to go low in round 2.

well....Tiger's game is obviosly there but how in the hell...His ball hits the bottom of the cup and it goes in the bunker, he hit a perfect golf shot.

Thats just bad karma

yes he putted a ball off the green.... ...lol, I bet he wished he didnt putt it so hard ..

I still think he can win, I've seen him do it and I think maybe tomorrow he could turn his round around the first two holes.

except he might get a 2 stroke penalty because instead of dropping his ball when he putted it in the water, he placed it. He could be +4 instead of +2....

he did duck hook a drive....I still think he can win.

I officially Vijay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Billy Casper. 106 with a 14 on par 3 #16. That's a very bad day. Is that a record?
    That looks like one of my cards.
    Hold my Beer. I'm going to hit a high fade over that tree....

Quote Originally Posted by wirehair
    Billy Casper. 106 with a 14 on par 3 #16. That's a very bad day. Is that a record?
    That looks like one of my cards.
    Both are records, but they won't be official because he withdrew and didn't turn in his card. I know he's 73, but can you blame him.

Are you seriously asking me, what's so great about Jack Nicklaus? Or did you just not pick up on the levity there?
    Levity comes through incredibly well on discussion boards, what with the voice intonations, facial expressions and such to clue us in and all...

Quote Originally Posted by bdcrowe
    Levity comes through incredibly well on discussion boards, what with the voice intonations, facial expressions and such to clue us in and all...
    Here here...well said.

Round 2...a birdie on the 1st and here comes Lumpy with a hard charge...

Another birdie on the 2nd...look out dmarc--here comes the Lump!!!

A BIRDIE ON THE 5TH!!!...I knew it---Lumpy's THE MAN.

lol lumpy all the way ey!

c'mon Westwood or Donald...

at the start of the comp. tiger was at 13/8 or something like that - he had the best odds. now he's at 10/1 and Vijay is as 3/1, Lefty's at 7/2.

i put £1 on Tiger, he can pull thru'

In Ernies defence he just didnt putt wel and made a few mistakes here and there but i still think tah he can pull through. Watch out my quiet man of the tournament is Jeff Maggert it was unluckly what happened to him two years ago and i think that he could still win this. For you guys over the pond watch out for Luke Donald he is some player even though he doesnt hit it far he is Mister consistant. McDowell blew up in the first round and he isnt a likly contender to make the cut. Tim Herron could do well but.... who knows. Billy Casper you da man as you guys say wat a round wat a player! although he didnt hand in maybe to imbarresed? After a 14 hahaha.

COME ON ERNIE YOU DA MAN

Okay then let me clarify. I was being facetious. Jack Nicklaus is obviously a golf legend, but the term "so-called legacy" was meant to express my hopes that Tiger Woods will end up so dominating the game that it will make Jack's career look like a farce. Please accept my sincere apologies for I was blind to the fact that written text can only be taken literally. Thank you for bringing that to my attention through your SARCASM! Oh, and you're NOT an illiterate jackass at all. Really -- I'm writing it.

I'm sure you are well familiar with the term jackass, but are you sure of what illiterate means? If you wish to lash out, so as to cast the aura of perceived stupidity away from yourself, at least do so with a blow of believability or-- dare I say?-- familiarity. If you knew me-- perhaps found some familiarity with my education, reading habits, cultural endowments or level of intilect-- then casting such aspersion may well work. But instead, you have embraced this perception of inanity as your own.

You spurious child.

by-blow.............................

........mamzer..............

You spelled intellect wrong smarty pants.

Quote Originally Posted by SeldomInTheSlot
    You spelled intellect wrong smarty pants.
    Ouch!

But I spelled spurious, by-blow and mamzer correct. That's the important part to me.

baseborn

misbegotten

suppositious

bantling

whoreson

misborn

Alright, alright, maybe my last comment was over the line. Sorry, I was just blowing off steam that I had pent up over the a-hole who decided to haul his damn semi into the carpool lane and create a literal 60 mph train of commuters behind him during morning rush hour on the 405. But I really did not appreciate the stab you took at me with your sarcastic comment. I am well aware of the ambiguity that can arise from this form of communication, and as a matter of fact, I was at least partially serious in my request to the other poster to clarify his reply, and was expecting a real answer. So let's just clear the air, put down the dictionaries, and be chums. Whaddya say? Truce?

It's all good. There was never any hard feelings here. I feel your pain on the carpoolconvoy. But it's Friday, so the only driving you need for a couple of days is electric... 18 holes at a time.

It's all good. There was never any hard feelings here. I feel your pain on the carpoolconvoy. But it's Friday, so the only driving you need for a couple of days is electric... 18 holes at a time.
    Amen to that. TGIF! Now we can kick back, relax, and watch the Masters... and if we're lucky enough, some people actually playing golf there!

Argh, Tiger is breaking my heart! I'm using the weather as an excuse though. But he's only played one round - plenty of room to claw his way back. Vijay is in prime position though, without the added pressure of being atop the leaderboard, and ready to go in for the kill... in due time. I don't give Manboobs Mickelson a chance against a man who used to drudge through sewer pipes to hit the links.

Amen to that. TGIF! Now we can kick back, relax, and watch the Masters... and if we're lucky enough, some people actually playing golf there!

Argh, Tiger is breaking my heart! I'm using the weather as an excuse though. But he's only played one round - plenty of room to claw his way back. Vijay is in prime position though, without the added pressure of being atop the leaderboard, and ready to go in for the kill... in due time. I don't give Manboobs Mickelson a chance against a man who used to drudge through sewer pipes to hit the links.
    I'll lay 10 GR "stars" that Mickey finishes ahead of both Vijay and Tiger.

Nothing like forum bragging rights. ;)

tiger's on fire.
    5 under so far for today, at -3 total. dimarco though is storming away at -10!!!

good job i placed a bet when tiger was at 10-1

i knew he would pull thru', he's hot atm. had a bit of badluck but still stuck at it...

Cool another Northenr Irishman on the board.

I am form Northern Ireland as well jack.
    Feels just like it should.

Holy ****, what did I say? Give him a sunny day and Tiger will pounce! Jeebus, 66 + 31 on the front 9! He's going to win, I know it! He's too mentally tough to trip on that kind of momentum. DiMarco is playing damn well too, but Tiger is on fire!

Thread Information