|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

please... dont be this guy.

Dont ya just hate it when you're not ready to hit on a par 3, someone else in your foursome is, and they wait for you to hit, just to see how you fair, so they can choose their club? Then, play it off like they were trying to be nice by letting you hit first. After you hit your shot, then the questions come. What club was that? Is there a wind up there? Does it play long/short?

Shut your mouth, grab your club, I'm sure that breeeze isn't going to throw off your ball by more than a yard, hit.

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    Dont ya just hate it when you're not ready to hit on a par 3, someone else in your foursome is, and they wait for you to hit, just to see how you fair, so they can choose their club? Then, play it off like they were trying to be nice by letting you hit first. After you hit your shot, then the questions come. What club was that? Is there a wind up there? Does it play long/short?

Shut your mouth, grab your club, I'm sure that breeeze isn't going to throw off your ball by more than a yard, hit.

Yes, I hate these guys too. I'm not your caddy, we're not on tour, I don't know how far you hit your clubs, shut your mouth and play your own game.

I'll flat out lie to them tell them that I did something special and that's why it landed good or bad and then you tell them what they need to hit instead cause it messes with there mind cause maybe they wanted to hit the 5i you say go for the 6i and either they do and are short or they dont and they dont hit the 5i good or after the 3 hole like this they play first from then on. Or here's one killer that I do on a short par 4 I'll hit with the 2i instead of driver I only lose 30 yrds so it really doesn't matter they will take notice and think you're crazy or hit the crap out of a 3 wood but don't do any better than my irons. My dad has this thing to go driver driver on par 5's which is pretty good if you haven't practice driver from the ground you'll screw it up on the course. Having fun playing with people games can be just as fun as shooting lower than them. Just don't make them mad to ruin a good day. The best thing to do is tell me what you hit and be proud that you made that choice yourself cause you don't want to take leasons from me on the golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy

I don't get it.

If you're playing with a friend, why does it bother you? Help them out.

And if it does, why not use the 'whose honour is it?' line? Or, when they ask, just smile and say 'i'm not giving you any clues, bud!'

Personally, I never ask cos my mates are so much better than me, their club selection bears no relevance to mine.

Thumbs up

because sometimes golf changes people into backstabbers when they realize that you are better than them.

Another par 3 character I'm not fond of: "The Club Announcer". This is always a longer hitter. "Well, let's see; it's 195 yards into a 20 mph wind; I guess I'll have to use my 8 iron."
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I generally have no problem telling a friend if it's a practice round and if the weather conditions play a factor in the shot. However if there is money on the line, I generally just smile, keep my mouth shut and put the club in the bag. He'll get the picture.

wow, I never realized it was such a crime to ask what club my partner hit. geez
    "Always repair your divot."

Quote Originally Posted by shooter mcgavin1
    Funny isn't it? I have no problem telling someone which club I used. It's not like they are hitting the same distances. It's all about fun for me. I never compete with anyone in the group. I am playing against the course to see if I can better my last round.

it only took 2 months

It only took 2 months to be able to post!!!! anyway you guys take yourself way to serious! A (friend) asks for advice and it pisses you off? even if I am playing for money (witch I never do with friends) if someone asks me i would tell them. Next time you guys are playing for a PGA card let me know then I won't think your an A hole for not telling a friend how the wind was affecting a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter mcgavin1
    My comments were regarding people who spontaneously announce their club selection in an attempt to impress the group how far they can hit a particular club. If I ask them, that's fine.

If it bothers you so much then there are a few options if you are not playing for money.

1) Lie about your club
    2) Tell them it does not matter as everyones swing, clubs and the results are different
    3) Use the tried and tested line "I can tell you but then I'd have to kill you"
    4) "I hit an 8 iron but someone like you should really go with a 6"
    5) "I hit an 8 iron but you should go with a wedge"
    6) I have mad skills so it does not matter what I hit
    7) Drop out of the foursome or drop Mr. Copycat out of the foursome
    8) Come to terms that there is nothing wrong in imparting some knowledge

If playing for money, simply say you'll give the iron if the hole is forfeited. ;)

[QUOTE=NickP]If it bothers you so much then there are a few options if you are not playing for money.

1) Lie about your club
    2) Tell them it does not matter as everyones swing, clubs and the results are different
    3) Use the tried and tested line "I can tell you but then I'd have to kill you"
    4) "I hit an 8 iron but someone like you should really go with a 6"
    5) "I hit an 8 iron but you should go with a wedge"
    6) I have mad skills so it does not matter what I hit
    7) Drop out of the foursome or drop Mr. Copycat out of the foursome
    8) Come to terms that there is nothing wrong in imparting some knowledge

If playing for money, simply say you'll give the irHe's on his final hole.

He's about 455 yards away, he's gonna hit about a 2 iron I think.

What bugs me more than anything is when you're about to hit and the person you are playing with asks you what club your hitting and then tells you that you need to hit a different club. Whever somebody tells me this, whether I change the club or not I can never hit a good shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmer
    What bugs me more than anything is when you're about to hit and the person you are playing with asks you what club your hitting and then tells you that you need to hit a different club. Whever somebody tells me this, whether I change the club or not I can never hit a good shot.
    I have the same problem with new clubs. I HATE IT when I'm about to tee up on the first tee and a buddy will say, "Is that a new driver? What is it?" The next shot is doomed! Since I'm a club ho who changes clubs a lot, I've gotten generic Club Glove covers on all of my woods, irons, and wedges. That way they have to notice the difference from the back of the head or the shaft. At least I don't have a club cover that screams "Titleist" or "Taylormade" for the whole world to see.
    I'm glad to discuss the new club AFTER the shot......

I'm not talking about a friend here. I'm talking about someone you just got paired up with for 18, who knows NOTHING about how you play golf, OR, and this is why I made this post. A couple days ago I was playing in a school golf match, and no matter how many times I told my opponent not to ask for advice, he kept doing it, as my lead eventually hit 7 strokes... for 9 holes.

Normally I'm a good guy, but when I'm playing a competitve match against you, don't ask for advice. Play your own game.

[QUOTE=
    Normally I'm a good guy, but when I'm playing a competitve match against you, don't ask for advice. Play your own game.[/QUOTE]

What did you shoot.
    "Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch"

Thread Information