|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: British Open

British Open

how many of you will be going?
    I can't wait im getting a season ticket i think,
    shud be a good laugh and sum great golf will be played. Also its at the best course in the world

Scott

A 'season' ticket for a 4 day golf tourney?

Man, they saw you coming. Anyway, even us Americans in the Southern part of the country know it is 'The Open Championship".

perhaps your season ticket is for a different event altogether??

Have fun, All Season Long.

He means a week ticket. Yes I will be there Thursday and Friday.
    Feels just like it should.

Every time I watch the Open it looks like weather straight from hell...windy...drizzly...depressing...I'd rather just watch it on tv..

we all know another American will win...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Besson
    Man, they saw you coming. Anyway, even us Americans in the Southern part of the country know it is 'The Open Championship".
    I bet Scott Uk isn't even from the UK. He's probably some fat schmoe from Texas that just started playing golf because his doctor said he need to lose some weight and golfing would be good exercise. Yet, he rides in a cart. The reason I say this is because no one from the UK would call it the British Open, they all refer to it as The Open Championship. But anyways enjoy the week at St. Andrews Scott, I'm sure you'll love it.
    "To be truthful, I think golfers are over paid. It's unreal, and I have trouble dealing with it sometimes." ~ Colin Montgomerie

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Uk
    how many of you will be going?
    I can't wait im getting a season ticket i think,
    shud be a good laugh and sum great golf will be played. Also its at the best course in the world
    Scott
    To add a little spice I see they've said that ladies may compete if they qualify for this years tourney. I know Michelle Wie is playing in the John Deere the week previous as a means of qualifying. Here's hoping she qualifies, she wears a little tartan number to commemerate the fact and that it blows a gale

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ireland
    To add a little spice I see they've said that ladies may compete if they qualify for this years tourney. I know Michelle Wie is playing in the John Deere the week previous as a means of qualifying. Here's hoping she qualifies, she wears a little tartan number to commemerate the fact and that it blows a gale
    Naughty, very very naughty!

Quote Originally Posted by Besson
    A 'season' ticket for a 4 day golf tourney?

perhaps your season ticket is for a different event altogether??

Have fun, All Season Long.
    ok you obviously know NOTHING about"The Open Championship"

first of all A season ticket is for 4 days. Ticket page
    so next time you want to be a smart arse u can piss off and annoy someone else cos i really cant be assed with ure crapy ass comments.

Secondly sparty3138, i am from scotland, about 20 mins away from St Andrews. so theres that comment completely pointless aswell,
    Its people like you two that piss me off, i thought that with th US open coming up u stupid americans might think that once again everyone was talking about you, to stop people from posting about the us open i called it the british open.
    I know fine well what it is called and was just trying to make it a little easier for people to know what i am talking about,
    I really hate people like you two.

Scott

i thought that with th US open coming up u stupid americans might think that once again everyone was talking about you, to stop people from posting about the us open i called it the british open.
    Scott
    Hate us all you want. Apparently we aren't the stupid Americans since we know it is called The Open Championship. I was just making a comment that these people who just started golfing don't know the history and don't know that it's properly called "The Open Championship." Sorry if I offended you, I really do hope you have a good time at the Open. Have a good one.
    "To be truthful, I think golfers are over paid. It's unreal, and I have trouble dealing with it sometimes." ~ Colin Montgomerie

Scott:

The press here is responsible for calling it the British Open. And even they (after geting quite a few call from fans) are starting to loosen up and call the tourament by its proper name.

Scott i totally back you up here, i can say that scott is from scotland as i am too and we play golf together most weekends and after school. i will probably be going along to the open as well, and we do call it the british open as there is a scottish open as well which plays at loch lomond or has done for the past few years. i just have to say that the scottish open is an amazing weekend to go to as well as i have been the last 2 years.ye should be some good golf played and trust me its not all bad weather here in scotland.

I'm trying to get a ticket so i can go but there's about no chance that i will.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco
    Scott i totally back you up here, i can say that scott is from scotland as i am too and we play golf together most weekends and after school. i will probably be going along to the open as well, and we do call it the british open as there is a scottish open as well which plays at loch lomond or has done for the past few years. i just have to say that the scottish open is an amazing weekend to go to as well as i have been the last 2 years.ye should be some good golf played and trust me its not all bad weather here in scotland.
    Rosco, I know what you are saying. I love watching the Scottish Open on TGC. That course is so beautiful. And the fans hanging out on their boats is hilarious. It's my favorite European Tour event and it always attracts big names getting ready for the Open Championship.

U stupid Americans
    Hey, we're not stupid. We like big tires on our trucks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

trust me the atmosphere there is great cos well i personally hate the idiots that shout "GET IN THE HOLE!" cos there is no need on a par 5, i mean come on!, ye well that doesn't happen here(a lot) lol. ye well us scottish people are good hosts and the course is always in great condition as its not to hard or soft.

Quote Originally Posted by sparty3138
    Rosco, I know what you are saying. I love watching the Scottish Open on TGC. That course is so beautiful. And the fans hanging out on their boats is hilarious. It's my favorite European Tour event and it always attracts big names getting ready for the Open Championship.
    I've been lucky enough to play at Loch Lomond a few times - it is stunning, truly stunning.

However, the American ownership have now ended all chance of me playing there ever again (hugely increased membership fees have led to all the members I knew giving it up). It's now been turned into a Scottish version of Augusta, I guess - and I think that's wrong.

Golf in Scotland has always been a game of the people, with access for all on the top courses. But now the Loch is exclusive in the extreme, which, to me, is wrong. A stunning course on the shores of Loch Lomond and Scots cant get on it - it's wrong...

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by KiltedArab
    I've been lucky enough to play at Loch Lomond a few times - it is stunning, truly stunning.

However, the American ownership have now ended all chance of me playing there ever again (hugely increased membership fees have led to all the members I knew giving it up). It's now been turned into a Scottish version of Augusta, I guess - and I think that's wrong.

Golf in Scotland has always been a game of the people, with access for all on the top courses. But now the Loch is exclusive in the extreme, which, to me, is wrong. A stunning course on the shores of Loch Lomond and Scots cant get on it - it's wrong...

Sigh.
    Sorry to hear of this and thanks for your education and background on this course.

Are you home now?

i think its good actually that we, the scots, can have a top class course which isn't links for once

Thread Information