|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Euro's Are Really Gettin' it Handed To Them!

Thomas Bjorn EXPLODES at the Masters. Daren Clarke melts-down at the MCI, and this weekend the Ausies and RSA'ers spanked an elite field.
    Currently, the Euro money list is Goosen, Els, Scott, Donald. Except Els, those are PGA players. Luke Donald lives in Chicago for Pete's sake (you know he's commited when he lives in the Midwest).

What has happened to the Euro players? They used to be an extremely feared group, even just a few years ago when Monty, Olazabal, Langer, Westwood, Parnevik, Faldo, Jimenez were all in their primes. The firery Seve was still lingering, and they seemed to have great up-and-comers like Garcia, Harrington, Rose and Cheka.

Now, none of those up-and-comers have really made ANY statements. I like Sergio, but honestly I think he's one bad tournament from doing a Duvall. He just seems so tempermental. Seve was emotional, but he was very strong inside.

The "Mechanic" has turned-into the "Rust-bucket", and Rose wilts faster than a Hybiscus at sunset.

The Euro has climbed in the last few years, but their golfers have dropped faster than Enron Stock.

I'm not heart-broke, but certainly am a bit suprised to see such a massive drought so quickly after so much success.

Success does not necessarily have to mean winning the tournament. Just being in contention is quite an accomplishment with field being as competitive as it is today. We can gloat (sp?) about how the Euros are choking it now until the next Ryder's cup. I think you should keep your eyes on the Aussies instead. Let just face it, the Americans (like in every other sport especially international basketball) are being caught by the rest of the world.
    Last edited by BogeyGolf; 04-25-2005 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf
    Success does not necessarily have to mean winning the tournament. Just being in contention is quite an accomplishment with field being as competitive as it is today. We can gloat (sp?) about how the Euros are choking it now until the next Ryder's cup. I think you should keep your eyes on the Aussies instead. Let just face it, the Americans (like in every other sport especially international basketball) are being caught by the rest of the world.
    Well put. Its so screwed up that for the most part, Europe is not a real threat on the US tour other than Harrington and Garcia and maybe a couple others.
    However, when the Ryder Cup rolls around, and the US players are supposed to play for "THE USA", they fall flat on their @$$. Personally, I like the euro players and their personalities better than any of the American players. Until Duval makes a comeback that is.

When it all comes down to it, Id rather see a South Africa vs. Austraila match.
    I hate bogeys.

Thread Information