|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Tips and tricks

Post Tips and tricks

Hey everyone I just joined this forum so far I've read alot and it looks great!

Wanted to start a thread so everyone could reply with one or two tips or tricks they use while they play. Anything would be helpful. Its an easy way for people to read short comments and could improve with them. I am 20 years old with a 6 handicap. Not the best golfer, but I am just writing what has helped me over the years.

#1-When your ball is on the fringe and up against the collar of the rough use your sand wedge and blade it to get the ball rolling like a putt. This way the grass won't grab your putter. I think its easier to use a wedge than a fairway wood like some people use.

#2-While putting, make sure your dominant eye is right over the ball. Don't know which eye is dominant? Hold your hands out in front of you and form a triangle to look through. Focus on something in the distance and close one of your eyes. If you can still see the image through the triangle the eye that is open is your dominant eye.

Tip #1 – Pratice more than you play

Trick #1 – Hit my shot inside my partners to get a read.

Good thread.

1. Don't give other golfers swing advice unless it's asked for.
    2. Bump and run instead of flop whenever the course allows.
    I keeps it real.

Don't wear golf sandals.

Always bring cash.

When in between clubs, always take more club and either choke up or swing easy. It almost never works out well when you decide to try to crush the shorter club.

These are serious tips. They'll help for sure.

1. Learn the art of cheating, it always comes in handy when your game starts to slip.

2. When someone yells fore, it many times best to not move, if you do, chances are you will walk right into the ball path.

3. Never do a 5 min pre shot routine unless you are sure that this shot will hole it. Believe me its very embarassing to finally play the ball and shank it.

Tip: Dont give lessons when your playing.

Trick: In match play, if you give your playing competitor a few 4 footers at the beginning of the round, then make him putt everything on the back nine, chances are hes gonna miss some because he didnt get the chance to practice and we all know how bad it stings to miss a 4 footer to either win or tie. Really kills any momentum and confidence.
    I hate bogeys.

1. Keep your head down when putting.

2. If the green can't be reached in 2, lay up to your most confident yardage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anybody have any tips or tricks that can be used out of bunkers? Greenside or fairway.

Quote Originally Posted by derrick_mcmlxxviii
    Trick: In match play, if you give your playing competitor a few 4 footers at the beginning of the round, then make him putt everything on the back nine, chances are hes gonna miss some because he didnt get the chance to practice and we all know how bad it stings to miss a 4 footer to either win or tie. Really kills any momentum and confidence.
    In match play when my opponent has something like a 1 or 2 footer I'll stand and look back and forth at the ball and then him. Basically with the body language of "well, putt that thing out, I'm not giving it to you" and then as he's just thinking "oh, he's gonna make me putt it" then I'll say "oh, yeah, pick it up, it's good." Then a couple holes later, I'll do the same thing, only make him putt it. Man, really gets in their head. See, I just putt everything out in match play even if they say "good" just because I think it's easier and more confidence building that way. Doesn't let any mind games your opponent is trying to do work. Or, when they tell you to pick it up just say "alright, thanks, I'm just gonna putt it out" and purposely lip it out. Look at the shock on their face after that one. Then say something like "wow, that actually had some break in it." It's great to mess with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobz2433
    Anybody have any tips or tricks that can be used out of bunkers? Greenside or fairway.
    In fairway bunkers, I do not dig my feet in at all. My misses are heavy so this keeps my misses from being too fat. If you miss thin most of the time, Id say reverse that.

In greenside bunkers, I dont worry about trying to spin the ball like the pros. It takes a lot of practice and if Im playing for money, I think only of getting the ball on the green. Also, the easiest way for me is to think im gonna slice my ball out of the bunker and swing outside and then across the line, keeping my hands in front of the ball. Also, you want to follow through a bunker shot, not leave the club in the sand. It will come out softer and higher.
    I hate bogeys.

Thread Information