|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Aldila NV 65 Shafts

Has anybody have any experience with the Aldila NV 65 shaft? I'm thinking about reshafting my driver and would appreciate any input regarding this shaft.

This all depends on your particular swing type and feel for the shaft.

I know a lot of people that praise this shaft. However, I don't like it. I tried out a lot of drivers with this shaft and had some controlling issues with it. I stuck with the stock shaft for my Callaway 454 driver, and I love it.

it's good

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie
    Has anybody have any experience with the Aldila NV 65 shaft? I'm thinking about reshafting my driver and would appreciate any input regarding this shaft.
    If you want a low ball flight..NV works. I switched from a pro-launch blue to the NVS because I tend to balloon up with the prolaunch... I like the Aldila shafts

Driver, 3 & 5 wood. Works perfect for me. Plus, I love looking at the green shaft.

I like the orange NVS (orange shaft) better than green NV when compared them side by side with the same driver, NVS seems to have better control in my hand, I seem to prefer 75 over 65. NV 65 actually tends to fly the ball to too high for me.

i have the NVS 65 stiff stuck in my 983k. When compared to the stock titleist shaft on the 983, the nvs hits further and has much better control. I think the NVS has a higher kick than the regular green NV.

i recently reshafted my driver when a friend broke it on the driving range. the original was a stock graffalloy stiff. i replaced it with a NV65, and love it.

it is a little straighter and much longer than the original shaft. it took some getting used to at first, but now i've learned how to hit it better i would never go back. without a doubt, i'm glad i reshafted rather than bought a new driver altogether.

you should be able to try different shafts at your local course or retailer (Golfsmith, EdwinWatts, etc.). or better yet, wait till a nearby demo day and try them all.

Thank You All For Your Comments

Thanks for all of the comments/recommendations. I will give some consideration to the differences between the NV and the NVS shafts.

Thanks for all of the comments/recommendations. I will give some consideration to the differences between the NV and the NVS shafts.
    The NVS(orange) is designed to give a higher ball flight then the original NV(green). The NV was designed to eliminate ballooning of the shot trajectory. The NVS has a lower flex point (mid) and more responsive tip than the NV mid/high flex point (this gives it the higher ball flight when compared to the original NV.

If you want to get the ball lower you might consider the NV (green). If you are worried it will bring your shot pattern to low then the NVS(orange) is your better all around choice.

hope this helps.

i have the NV in both my titleist 983k and my callaway 454, i love it. it has good feel, buttery soft

Dant

I switch from a TM R5 N with a stiff shaft 9.5 loft to a TM R5 D with a stiff shaft and 10.5 loft because I wasn't getting any height. I am getting plenty of height but seem to be losing distance. I was wondering if maybe switching to the NV 65 might give me the best of both worlds. Swing speed 105-109
    Dant

Keep in mind that Aldila rates the flexes on the NV and NVS higher than many other manufacturers in comparison to swing speed. i.e. a swing speed of 100 is typically in the middle or at the high end of the stiff flex for most manufacturers but with Aldila 100 is at the high end of regular and the lowest end of stiff. I recently switched my TM 540 TP from an NVS 75 Stiff to an NV 75 reg and love it. I hit staff shafts in my irons but my swing speed is in the high 90's so after ckecking the swing speed ratings on Aldila's site, I tried and loved the reg.

Also, the NVS is supposed to get the ball up quicker and higher than the NV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dant
    I switch from a TM R5 N with a stiff shaft 9.5 loft to a TM R5 D with a stiff shaft and 10.5 loft because I wasn't getting any height. I am getting plenty of height but seem to be losing distance. I was wondering if maybe switching to the NV 65 might give me the best of both worlds. Swing speed 105-109
    Dant
    If plenty of height is a reference to maybe wanting to bring it down a bit then yes going with the NV 65 probably will work well for you. If you are happy with your stock shafts height off the tee and want to push a little more distance out then the NVS is your best bet.

Previous post is right and the flexes are different for every manufacturer Aldila included. I would say if you have the resources try both out on the launch monitor. If you don't have one available then atleast verifty the swing speed.

great shafts

using the nv65 in my launcher 400 and launcher 15 and 19. If you hit the ball high and want to lower it a little go with the NV. If low, go with the NVS. 95mph + try the stiff. 90 -95mph or lower try the stiff, but give the regular flex a look too. I have used the NV75 before, like the 65 more.

I have a NV 65 stiff shaft in my 905t (what a club) and i have been hitting it a lot further about 30 yards but the thing is i havent experienced a lower ball flight taking into account that i have quite a low ball flight anyway. It has a lovely solid feel compared to my old taylormade stock s-90 shaft and it is a lot easier to control and it goes straighter. What could be happening that i havent been hitting it lower with an nv it doesnt seem to add up to all the things people say?
    Damm That Was Stiffled!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackdalad
    I have a NV 65 stiff shaft in my 905t (what a club) and i have been hitting it a lot further about 30 yards but the thing is i havent experienced a lower ball flight taking into account that i have quite a low ball flight anyway. It has a lovely solid feel compared to my old taylormade stock s-90 shaft and it is a lot easier to control and it goes straighter. What could be happening that i havent been hitting it lower with an nv it doesnt seem to add up to all the things people say?
    try teeing it lower...

how low do you want to go??? you may already be hitting it as low as you need to.

Thread Information