|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Your Golf Goals.

Can be short or long term.

For me, I'd like to lower my handicap to a 4 this year, then by the time I'm a senior in high school be a scratch golfer. Which subsequently would give me a hefty scholarship to a college with a div.1 golf team. From there I'd like to get better and maybe play in some state tournaments or win something huge in college.

Then we'll see from there. To be completely honest, I've always dreamed of playing on a majore tour, the PGA, or even the Nationwide would do. Id practically kill for a life like that. Although I realize the chances are a thousand to one I'll make it that far, we'll see.

My goal for this year is not not shoot over 100 again. My ultimate goal is an index around 8-10.

Right now, I am working on not 3 putting. If I can eliminate most of the three putts I am well on my way.

As long as I am progressing and not regressing I am happy.

I've been playing for about 4 months and I shoot in the 110's. I play a lot so my goal is to shoot in the mid nineties by the end of the year. Then we see where I go from there.

My goals this year are in comp rounds: to make no worse than a triple bogey, no three putts, hit fairways, to break 100, 95 , 90, 85 and 82. So far I have scored 104, 96, 91 and 92 in my comp rounds. The last round I had no triple bogeys and only 1 three putt. The 91 I had 3 triples and 1 or 2 three putts. That was a great game except for the triples. (par 3 - splash, par5 ugly slice, and last hole par 4- three putts, and 2 bad shots, 2 good shots)
    My major goal is mainly to harness the driver. When they go straight they go 240 - 260m, when they don't I need to chip out from the trees, and add a stroke unfortunately).
    I have shot an 85 in social games 2wice, but comp is slighlty different in that it takes a lot longer.
    It is all good though and I am trying to enjoy the journey along the way. I just try and remember the 60% rule. If you can't do it more than 60% of the time perfectly, play the percentage shot.
    There's plenty of time!!

well right now my ultimate goal for the summer is to reach single digit handicap. i would love to be nine or less by september. i currently hit to a 16-17 and am close to shaving those extra strokes. i think right now my goal to get me there is to gain more accuracy. my overall swing is working really well for me and ive really been working on distance control. now that ive got that down well its time to move on to setup and alignment. need to get my shots workin at the pin and im looking for good alignment drills to get me there.

I have been playing for almost a year now. Just started getting serious within the last month or so. I shoot around 105ish usually. My goal is to break 100 by summers end then around the low 90s by years end. I live in Florida so it is easy to play all the time.

Obviously with the goal of breaking 100 comes not 3 putting and hitting more fairways than greens. I played today, only 40 putts, nothing larger than a few 3 putts and hit 5/13 fairways. I need to hit more fairways next time I go out there.

My goals for this year is to get down to par. I shoot in the 70s and want to become scratch. This will mainly come from shortgame practice.

Enjoy every minutes of myself on the courses or on the ranges, because there are no kids' screaming, no errands to run, no chores to finish, no deadlines to meet etc.

Got under 90 a few times within the first year of frenzy golfing, but don't have time to practice as much to keep at the level, specially the putting and short games even with improved consistency in driving and irons, weekend belongs to family. Hopefully, keeping under 90 this year would be achievable as long as I can keep the putts below 50% of my strokes

Wink

My goals for my golf game have become much less ambitios now that I have been married for more than a year.
    Goals for this year.
    1. Practice short game for at least one hour a week
    2. Hit a small bucket of balls at least once a week
    3. Play at least 40 rounds this year ( have gotten 10 in so far )
    4. Get back to where I was with my game before I met my wife, in other words shout in thee 70's again instead of the low 80's

If I can't reach these meager goales then there may have to be some serious changes in my maraige. lol Porssibly more golf and less ....... nah, better just try and add more golf with no subtractions. lol

Sry I can't spell lol

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    Can be short or long term.

For me, I'd like to lower my handicap to a 4 this year, then by the time I'm a senior in high school be a scratch golfer. Which subsequently would give me a hefty scholarship to a college with a div.1 golf team. From there I'd like to get better and maybe play in some state tournaments or win something huge in college.

Then we'll see from there. To be completely honest, I've always dreamed of playing on a majore tour, the PGA, or even the Nationwide would do. Id practically kill for a life like that. Although I realize the chances are a thousand to one I'll make it that far, we'll see.
    Great goals.

I have neighbors whose sons have gotten full golf scholarships to Dartmouth, Virginia and Vanderbilt...The parents were estatic because their sons were getting excellent quality college educations were tuition was fully paid.

You can do it....but remember to study hard because good universities will require very good grades and test scores, in addition to a low golf index to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by howeber
    My goals for this year is to get down to par. I shoot in the 70s and want to become scratch. This will mainly come from shortgame practice.
    thats all it is, thats what seperates a high 70's golfer even a low 80's golfer from a scratch golfer.

When the scratch golfer gets in trouble (bunker, no GIR) he can chip it close and save par, thats where it happens.

And bravo, I've been looking at colleges perhaps Fordham (NYC), or even something like stanford.

Hmmm... Maybe this is a problem, but I don't really have any hard and fast golf goals. I play a lot (over 100 9-hole or 18-hole rounds per year) and do a fair amount of practicing and a whole lot of tinkering with equipment. But for me the "gold ring" is achieving the kind of consistency that makes it possible to play reasonably well (single digits over par) on most courses, most any time. My handicap is already single digit, but when I play new courses or encounter unusual conditions, my scores sometimes expand beyond the personal comfort zone. I'd like to hit 95+% of all my shots solidly and in the fairway or on the green. More to the point, I guess my immediate goal should be to improve greens in regulation. I scramble pretty well on courses I know well, which keeps the bogeyman at bay, but on less-known tracks, I need to hit fairways and greens and take some pressure off my short game.
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]Trust the club.[/COLOR]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    [/FONT]

Hmmmmm.....

I read the question and thought of my answer, then I read the other answers. Only one person really had what I thought was the most important answer. It is some variation of the theme of to have fun and enjoy the experience of playing golf. None of us will ever make a living doing this, so, having an enjoyable fun experience should be way high up on the list. My other top two were get some exercise and try to get a little bit better playing.

my goal for varsity golf is to beat the older kids more often than not, im now 3-3-0.

I would like to improve by not having that occasional 1 or 2 (3 putts a round). Also I would like to get my wedge shots within 10-15 feet most of the time. Another thing would be to relax on the course more like I should and not be score conscious. Just have fun with the company around me.

To play this game as long as God gives me the ability to. I love it. That is my only goal.

A Hole-in-one would be nice too.
    Last edited by Wilsonplayer_fl; 05-12-2005 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Forgot one goal

Quote Originally Posted by GoMocs
    I read the question and thought of my answer, then I read the other answers. Only one person really had what I thought was the most important answer. It is some variation of the theme of to have fun and enjoy the experience of playing golf. None of us will ever make a living doing this, so, having an enjoyable fun experience should be way high up on the list. My other top two were get some exercise and try to get a little bit better playing.
    you say none of us are going to make money via this game. i've enrolled on a golf teaching course and am hopefully going to go to Birmingham University and take the only course in the world that is ran by the PGA so you can become a teacher with ease. so your comment is wrong (hopefully) but i do agree that we should enjoy the game. also other people here have aspirations to be a great pro golfer, e.g. bethpage caddy and you decided he wasnt good enough. harsh words really...

okay...

Quote Originally Posted by theidioticbizarre
    you say none of us are going to make money via this game. i've enrolled on a golf teaching course and am hopefully going to go to Birmingham University and take the only course in the world that is ran by the PGA so you can become a teacher with ease. so your comment is wrong (hopefully) but i do agree that we should enjoy the game. also other people here have aspirations to be a great pro golfer, e.g. bethpage caddy and you decided he wasnt good enough. harsh words really...
    Okay, 99.9% of us will not make a living playing golf.

To get on the LPGA Tour (after my little trip to Stockholm..........)
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Hey if woman can qualify for the PGA tour why can't men qualify for the LPGA tour.
    Its only fair if u really think about it.Why can u have an organization only for woman and nobody complains. But an organization only for men is just down right stoneage.

on that issue

Reading the current issue of BIKE magazine (bicycles not motorcycles) last night and there is a woman formerly a man that is winning big time on the downhill racing circuit. He/she had a sex change operation the other year. The pro women appear to not be happy at all about this claiming he/she should not be taking prize money away from "women".

hmmmm.
    Its Ok for woman to take prize money from men,but not for its to take prize money from woman. Interesting
    I just think saying that woman and men are just as good at everything is rediculous just ask any 2nd grader and they know that its not true men and woman are different for good reasons. To balance thing out.

I didn't mean to hopelessly threadjack this with my tongue in cheek comment about sex change operations, but I remember the first time I became aware of this issue. There was a male tennis player who had a sex change and changed his (?) name to "Renee Richards". The females on the tour didn't take too kindly to that, either. I guess the lesbians don't approve of economic competition from the transgender crowd.......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Thread Information