|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Odyssey White Steel vs. White Hot

Hello-

I am currently using an Odyssey 2-Ball with the White Hot insert. I'm wondering if anyone has tried/bought the newer White Steel insert, and if so, is it much of an improvement? I've had a chance to putt around the pro shop with a White Steel but nothing else.

I am having some trouble with lag putts, more so than I'd like to. It seems like I have to hit the ball so hard with the softer insert, especially on our slower muni greens.

I love all the other aspects of the putter, just not the feel. Any advice or opinions before I trade in my old White Hot? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rodge
    Hello-

I am currently using an Odyssey 2-Ball with the White Hot insert. I'm wondering if anyone has tried/bought the newer White Steel insert, and if so, is it much of an improvement? I've had a chance to putt around the pro shop with a White Steel but nothing else.

I am having some trouble with lag putts, more so than I'd like to. It seems like I have to hit the ball so hard with the softer insert, especially on our slower muni greens.

I love all the other aspects of the putter, just not the feel. Any advice or opinions before I trade in my old White Hot? Thanks!
    I have a center shafted White Steel and love it. I'm not exactly sure how it compares "feel" wise to the regular White Hot. However, the steel insert is supposed to provide greater feedback. Whether that means you gain more feel or can simply hear it off the putter face better (which you can), I don't know.

I wouldn't exactly say the White Steel's best attribute is feel. It is really forgiving though. I do like the *click* sound it makes at impact (source of feedback) and I have no problems getting the ball as far a I need to. But I wouldn't say the club is an extension of my arm in terms of feel. Of course, YMMV.

Any chance they'll let you take a demo out for an hour or so? It is a nice putter.
    I keeps it real.

the white steel feels more firm which may or may not be to you liking.

Thread Information