|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Unhappy Poll: lost golf equipment

here's a question to every1 out there playing golf

If you stumbled across a lost golf club eg. Cleveland SW

Would you turn it in, or would you keep it in ur bag and pretend that nothing has happened

I lost a Cleveland R588 sand wedge and it was never turned in.

sad....

I steal everything I come across! I once got a full wedge set by snatching clubs at the bag drop off! I also walked off the course with someones bag and full set of Mizunos! The best was when some old fart was playing with a new set of Hogans. HA! I ran up from behind him with a stick and proceeded to beat the Depends off him! Needless to say I loved those clubs! I love to rip off CEO's and buisnessman! Hell I love to rip off anybody! WHoeva said golf was an enxpensive sport to play! :P

I would and do trn in losts clubs. I was very disappointed when I lost a inexpensive wedge a couple of weeks ago. I know exactly where i left it, went back and it was gone. Asked people behind me but no one would say they saw it. It was never turned in.

I am sure I can replace it for very little money but that is no consolation. It was one of my favorite clubs, my go-to around the greens. I was really disappointed that someone didn't have enough honesty and integrity to turn it in. There isn't as much honor in the game as there used to be.

Keep checking back at the clubhouse every now and then. As someone who has found clubs on the course on at least 20 occasions, I put the club in my bag so it will not be damaged. On at least 2 occasions, I forgot entirely about the club when the round was over, only to find it in my bag either the next round or at home. I had one for a few hours and one for a couple days before I realized. I didn't feel real bad, because a) I didn't leave the club on the course, and b) the person who left the club didn't remember until he was gone, otherwise he would have driven back looking for the club, and as most will attest, anytime you see someone coming backwards through the course, chances are they are looking for a club.

Now if you went back through before the round was over, and no one had it, it may be in the rough (unless you left it on the green), and just hope a person finds it and not a mower.

My wife left a 7 iron on the course, and did not see it again for about 3-4 weeks.

Good luck!!!

Knowing how I would feel and that it is just the right thing to do...I would turn it in. My wife and I had an incident this past weekend. After we finished up or round we went in for a drink and she left her Oakleys in the ladies room. Less than a minute later she when back in to look for them and of course they are MIA. Very few people have morals anymore.

Usually when I find a club, the person who lost it realizes the problem and comes back looking for it after a hole or two. If not, I just turn it in at the office at the end of the round. Almost invariably, the club is a wedge left at the greenside. They forget to pick them up after putting. They are usually left in the rough or somewhere else off the green. That's why I always leave my wedge on the edge of the green, pretty much directly in line between the hole and my pushcart. I also have a bag with an individual slot for each club. It's pretty hard to lose a club that way.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    That's why I always leave my wedge on the edge of the green, pretty much directly in line between the hole and my pushcart. I also have a bag with an individual slot for each club. It's pretty hard to lose a club that way.
    Exactly what I have done ever since the first time I left a club. I put it on the green between my bag and the pin, so you would have to step over it to get to get back to your bag. If I pull the pin, I lay the wedge across the pin.

I only wish airlines were as trustworthy as most golfers. My wife is in week 2 of a 6 week wait for a $3000 claim settlement, or I should say, the $2800 the airline will pay. Her clubs never got back from Hilton Head. Unfortunately, if they find her bag during the 6 weeks, she will not get the settlement so she can't get refitted and order the clubs until then. So she will be playing with old battered clubs for about 8-10 weeks. Unfortunately, she uses left handed womens clubs, so even though the airline is forced to pay club rental, she can't really take advantage.

You never realize how much money you have into your bag until this happens. Granted, she will get new clubs out of the deal, but it is not really worth the hassle, especially since she was completely happy with the ones she had.

I would always hand in a club found on the course but on most occations as previously stated the people come back fo them during play.

Funy story when I was about 16 playing with my dad. He was playing well and I was playing like crap anyway Iwas throughing a fit most of the round and finally got him upset on 13th hole. So on 14th tee he rips one out of bounds left then a nother then tosses his driver up in the air in disscust kind of forward and to the left of the tee. It went into a tree about 15 feet up and didn't come out. We went and looked and it was just gone not on the ground not in the tree just gone and we were like only 10 yards away from the tree when it went in. Any ways we looked under that tree for years and it never gave up the driver. Now its one of our favorite golf memories. I also learned that i was really good at pushing my dads buttons.lol

I find that a lot of misplaced clubs are left behind by cart riders.How many times have you been on a hole and had to wait while some guy drives back to the tee box and asks if you saw an 8 iron at the last green.Back to the question-always turn them in.

Thread Information