|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: PA Jayhawk

PA Jayhawk

Does that PA stand 4 Pennsylvania thats where I am at near MD by i83.
    Just wonderin if u where a Kansas fan in PA 4 instance.lol

Which exit off 83 do you live, jordoo?
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by jordoo
    Does that PA stand 4 Pennsylvania thats where I am at near MD by i83.
    Just wonderin if u where a Kansas fan in PA 4 instance.lol
    My wife and I are misplaced Kansas Jayhawks up in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, probably about 3-31/2 hours away. My father retired from the Military so I lived all over, and I graduted HS in PA, prior to going back to KS for College in 83'. Up until 2 years ago I lived down closer to your area, in the Downingtown/West Chester area of Chester County about 5 minutes from a course called Tattersal, and even played a little golf down there toward the MD border (Chisel Creek, Loch Nairn). Although I was never fortunate to play there, we used to lived about a 1/2 hour north east of Wyncotte and Hartefeld Golf Course, which you have probably heard of down there, if not the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33
    Which exit off 83 do you live, jordoo?

I'm of the last exit or first whatever It used to be exit #1 before they changed the #'s to miles from the boarder now I think its Exit # 4. Its the shrewsbury exit.

U around that way Budda?

Quote Originally Posted by PA Jayhawk
    My wife and I are misplaced Kansas Jayhawks up in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, probably about 3-31/2 hours away. My father retired from the Military so I lived all over, and I graduted HS in PA, prior to going back to KS for College in 83'. Up until 2 years ago I lived down closer to your area, in the Downingtown/West Chester area of Chester County about 5 minutes from a course called Tattersal, and even played a little golf down there toward the MD border (Chisel Creek, Loch Nairn). Although I was never fortunate to play there, we used to lived about a 1/2 hour north east of Wyncotte and Hartefeld Golf Course, which you have probably heard of down there, if not the other ones.

Well I got ur Handle right anyhow. I have heard of those courses but am not super close to them and have not played any. Iron Valley in Lebonnan is Great also Dauphin Highlands in Harrisburge. Springwood in York is good but could be awsum if they redid bunkers grew out the heather and took better care of it in genneral. I have heard that the Outdoor country club in York is really top of the line but am yet to play it. Bonair is near me in the boonies and thats a nice old style course. I grew up in upstate new york and haven't had the time or money to really play everywhere that I want to in PA YET.LOL

I have heard of Iron Valley. Out of all the ones that I mentioned, Wyncotte may be the best. Tattersal is pretty easy and was a bit overpriced, even though it is close to 6900 from the tips. Playing from 6900 from the tips I shot my best round outside of the one I used to belong too with an 81. Everything seems to slope into the fairways, so 90% of your bad shots will find fairway. It is a great confidence builder and beautiful course, but I've heard Wyncotte is the best. Another I have heard a great deal about is Bulle Rock in MD. It is supposed to be one of the best in the US. Next time I am down in MD, I will probably go there. It is expensive, but have heard it is well worth the money, and worth playing at least once.

Chisel Creek was a more reasonably priced course and was opened just 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jordoo
    I'm of the last exit or first whatever It used to be exit #1 before they changed the #'s to miles from the boarder now I think its Exit # 4. Its the shrewsbury exit.

U around that way Budda?
    Used to be. We lived in MD, just south of Hanover. My grandmother lives in New Park which is near Shrewsbury. My uncle lives in Spring Grove (yum, paper factory) and owns Kinard Trucking Co. based in York.

I'm in Tampa, FL now. Much, much nicer weather.
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33
    Used to be. We lived in MD, just south of Hanover. My grandmother lives in New Park which is near Shrewsbury. My uncle lives in Spring Grove (yum, paper factory) and owns Kinard Trucking Co. based in York.

I'm in Tampa, FL now. Much, much nicer weather.

Oh then u know where I am(New Freedom) I have a buddy lives just in maryland by Fawn Grove its like right next to New Park. One of the other locations for my company does work in Hanover, md. I work out of Forst HIll its near Bel Air. I think Spring Grove is in that area by fawn grove not sure though. My wife has relatives in York and stewartstown.
    Guess u get to golf more than I do in Tampa.lol

Quote Originally Posted by PA Jayhawk
    I have heard of Iron Valley. Out of all the ones that I mentioned, Wyncotte may be the best. Tattersal is pretty easy and was a bit overpriced, even though it is close to 6900 from the tips. Playing from 6900 from the tips I shot my best round outside of the one I used to belong too with an 81. Everything seems to slope into the fairways, so 90% of your bad shots will find fairway. It is a great confidence builder and beautiful course, but I've heard Wyncotte is the best. Another I have heard a great deal about is Bulle Rock in MD. It is supposed to be one of the best in the US. Next time I am down in MD, I will probably go there. It is expensive, but have heard it is well worth the money, and worth playing at least once.

Chisel Creek was a more reasonably priced course and was opened just 3 years ago.
    Maybe I will check some of these out. I also here great things about Bulle Rock its in Havre De Grace ,thats near the Chesapeake bay and where the Susquehanna ends. I have a old friend used to work at the pro shop 4 Springwood and soposadly moved on to Bulle Rock. Last time I played with him he destroyed me in the club champ.lol Anyway I should locate him and get out on that course glad u mentioned it. THX

Thread Information