|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question How In Hell Is That Possible !!!

I was looking over the PgaTour website , and i found that :

http://www.pgatour.com/stats/leaders/r/2004/159

how in hell can you drive that far?
    are they using some super duper driver made by nasa with super duper ball , cause there is no way they are driving that far with normal clubs , i mean cmon , 476 yards .. that more than happy gilmore ! heh

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukihime
    I was looking over the PgaTour website , and i found that :

http://www.pgatour.com/stats/leaders/r/2004/159

how in hell can you drive that far?
    are they using some super duper driver made by nasa with super duper ball , cause there is no way they are driving that far with normal clubs , i mean cmon , 476 yards .. that more than happy gilmore ! heh
    Yep Davis Love hits the ball a long long way.
    Its all down to technique. Look at his wide arc as he takes the clubhead back. Look at his weight transfer and his full release - all the generates power. He hits the ball hard but it doesnt look like it because his swing is so smoothe. He also is hitting everything right out of the middle of the bat which generates a lot of distance. His natural shot is right to left which goes longer than someone who hits it left to right. That and he probably has the perfect driver with the perfect spec for him.
    Also the hole he hit it 476yards was probably 30mph downwind and 30 foot down hit with bone dry fairways.
    What you gonna do? They all laid up.......you to? You gonna brag to your buddies how you laid up on 18? You gonna walk into work on a Monday and say "Hey guys! You should have seen me lay up on 18?" Well.......what you gonna do?

Most of those drives where on the same hole got to figure it was down wind down hill or something.

thats clearing the titanic, and the empire state building (layed out). its huge

Ewwwwwwww, that's ridiculously far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommysels41
    Ewwwwwwww, that's ridiculously far.
    Yeah hehe , and a few years ago , i was watching Happy Gilmore , telling myself , how funny it was cause the guy was driving like 450 , and now that .....

but like they said , he must have hit with like a 30mph wind , plus he must have drive from a super big slope , way up above the fairway , so he was able to get all those extra yards ..

Still i wanna know real bad , what was the driver he used to do that heh

That was probably at the Mercedes Championship last year, considering it says it was on the 18th hole and thats the only one I can think of that always plays downwind and the pros drive it to that huge hill that slopes down the hill towards the green...I'm actually not surprised by that at all. And if that was the hole, DL3 was using the Titleist 983K.

Quote Originally Posted by PHSgolfguy
    I'm actually not surprised by that at all

how can you not be suprised , ok maybe you were not that impressed , but saying not suprised at all , is a bit big ... its still on of the biggest drive in golf history , or the biggest ..

i'm not surprised because if it was the hole im thinking of, at least 120 yards of that drive is roll down the hill. if DL3 averaged 300 yards off the tee last year, with a tailwind its not that crazy.

i was watching a show on the golf channel with some guy that could hit 400 yard drives consistently. He tried to emphasize realeasing all your energy and motion in the swing at the point of impact, not focusing on releasing during your follow through.

Freaky stuff.

Yep...a lot of the long drive leaders had their longest drive on #18 and probably the same course in the same or similar conditions. Also, don't forget about the cart path...some of these might have got a little help. Most if not all probably got a lot of help from the wind. My guess is that this hole also has some major downslope.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

davis is a beast

I went to the final round of the Buick Challenge in Callaway Gardens, GA in '99. I followed DL3 around for 16 holes. He's always been my favorite player so I jumped on the chance to see him in action. He's 6-3 but 5 feet of him are legs!! And his arms aren't far behind that! That's where his power comes from. The guy crushes the ball an amazingly long way. He was off the back of the green on a 580yd par 5 in 2! And that was when he was using a 6.5* 975D and a titleist professional wound ball!! If he could ever learn to putt he'd be a runaway .

To see how to really hit a golf ball you wat to watch the women pros. The smoothest swings youve ever seen and no reliance on pure power. Inspiring stuf.

Oh, and wind helps. I once flew a 341 yard par four with my 3-wood. And the wind was only about 30mph and the hole was about 50-60yds below me.......lol
    [SIZE=5][B]rydw i ond yn mynd ar fy wyliau i tanio fy pidyn.... [/B][/SIZE]

I've been to an LPGA event and must say that as far as length I wasn't very impressed. But there were quite a few with nice smoothe swings. I would rather whatch a nice power swing wether that be male or female. Els is very smoothe yet also powerful 4 instance.

Quote Originally Posted by jordoo
    I've been to an LPGA event and must say that as far as length I wasn't very impressed. But there were quite a few with nice smoothe swings. I would rather whatch a nice power swing wether that be male or female. Els is very smoothe yet also powerful 4 instance.
    Because you're as long and straight as the top female pros?? I saw Laura Davies last year and that woman is LONG

Quote Originally Posted by underaverage
    Because you're as long and straight as the top female pros?? I saw Laura Davies last year and that woman is LONG
    lol. I never said i was as long and straight as anyone else.lol
    Didn't c Laura but saw Anika and Carrie Webb when she was hot as well as others.
    Like when u whatch any sport some athletes don't impress u all that much even though they r way better than u because u r comparing them with the best u have ever seen.
    And after seeing PGA pro's I was not overly impressed with the LPGA pro's, some where impressive and all no doubt better golfers than I although most couldn't out hit me distance wise,but certainly hit the fairway more than me.lol. Overall I felt like thier collective short game's and recovery skills where far inferior to the PGA pro's. And I would rather watch PGA pro's swing than them Thats all. And as far as smoothe powerful swings once again give me the PGA baby.

In the future please try not to insinuate that I feel I am better than other unless I actually write that .Thx man

3rd paragraph here:
    http://www.golfdigest.com/newsandtou...41224diaz.html

hole description here:
    http://www.kapaluamaui.com/golf/tour/plan_intro.html
    start tour... then hit 18th hole

Par 5 663 yard... most of the pros reach it in 2. Not saying that 475 isn't impressive but I bet under the same exact conditons DLIII hit it in, there's no reason not to believe that our distance on this hole under those conditions would be 100+ yards than is our normal drive.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCGolf
    3rd paragraph here:
    http://www.golfdigest.com/newsandtou...41224diaz.html

hole description here:
    http://www.kapaluamaui.com/golf/tour/plan_intro.html
    start tour... then hit 18th hole

Par 5 663 yard... most of the pros reach it in 2. Not saying that 475 isn't impressive but I bet under the same exact conditons DLIII hit it in, there's no reason not to believe that our distance on this hole under those conditions would be 100+ yards than is our normal drive.

I actually did
    not watch that tournement , so when i saw that 476 i was quite suprised by that , but yeah it more believable now , since i saw the hole ...

by the way , that is probably one of the most beautiful course ive seen , it is amazing !!
    Hole 1 -8 - 17 are just way too beautiful , and can be awfully tough depending on the flag position , just beside the sea , makes you dream heh

edit: Ohh my god , have you seen the rates !! , if your not a resident of the hotel , the standard fee to play on the "Plantation course" is 250$ U.S.

In the future please try not to insinuate that I feel I am better than other unless I actually write that .Thx man
    i did not 'insinuate' anything! Im sorry if i hav a different sense of humour to you americans but dont take everything so to heart!!!

I think that when considering the difference in distance btwn male and female pros in general, you hav to look at size/strength difference.Most of the women are so slight compared to the men and the length difference is far from proportionate. The womens' swings are GENERALLY far better.

Quote Originally Posted by underaverage
    i did not 'insinuate' anything! Im sorry if i hav a different sense of humour to you americans but dont take everything so to heart!!!
    Check the bottom of your shoes Jordoo
    It sounded to me like an insinuation, not only that, but you answered it with another insinuation.

This is the second time in as many days that you have made a disparaging remark about "Americans". Not only is that an assumption, or insinuation on your part, but could you please keep your ethnic profiling to yourself. If you can't fight your battles with logic and reasoning, just surrender.

Yes, I know, I am not doing what I said by ignoring you. But I figure if I point out all of your really, really, bad flaws then all the "Americans" and our Allies will ignore you as well, then you will simply be speaking to yourself. For the sake of not want to to defend my "American Sense of Humor" and "Heart", that was a sarcastic remark, yet it was also an implication for others to possibly follow.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Jayhawk
    Check the bottom of your shoes Jordoo
    It sounded to me like an insinuation, not only that, but you answered it with another insinuation.

This is the second time in as many days that you have made a disparaging remark about "Americans". Not only is that an assumption, or insinuation on your part, but could you please keep your ethnic profiling to yourself. If you can't fight your battles with logic and reasoning, just surrender.

Yes, I know, I am not doing what I said by ignoring you. But I figure if I point out all of your really, really, bad flaws then all the "Americans" and our Allies will ignore you as well, then you will simply be speaking to yourself. For the sake of not want to to defend my "American Sense of Humor" and "Heart", that was a sarcastic remark, yet it was also an implication for others to possibly follow.

Do the bottom of my shoe's stink....hehe
    I didn't insinuate in my answer I stated that I hit it further than most of the LPGA players that I watched. Although I did say they better than me and more acurate. I also think most would agree that the PGA pro's r better all round and certainly longer. However length proportional to body size is a good piont made by underaverage. But then some smaller guys like sergio out hit other guys bigger than they r.Wonder if there is a stat 4 that driving distance per pound,lol. Might be hard to get this one accurtely when u have to ask the woman their wieght.

Anyways wouldn't be the first time I stepped in it or put my foot in my mouth. Certainly don't think I am better than any profesional golfers 4 the record.

Anyways wouldn't be the first time I stepped in it or put my foot in my mouth. Certainly don't think I am better than any profesional golfers 4 the record.
    No, it just looked like you were stating you opinion about what you liked watching better.

Turned out you were really an American pig with no sense of humor, that can't even hit a golf ball as far as a women ;)

I feel bad saying that, because he has since apologized in another thread, but it was the easiest way to explain my thoughts.

Actually, I totally agree with what you said, after watching the PGA, I am unimpressed with the LPGA. Just because my distance is about the same as better players on the LPGA doesn't make me want to watch it anymore. Just like I am sure no one would want to watch me play golf on TV, unless they were really drunk and wanted some comedic releaf. But that is just my opinion. I also hate the NBA as opposed to the NCAA, mainly because I like to see players hustle back and play defense, and play because they enjoy the game. Just because I know people will not agree with it, will not make me any less likely to state it in here.

... and underaverage, I saw your post in the other thread, no hard feelings.

Just trying to put things in perspective so we would all take a step back and think so we can all get down to more enjoyable things like golf.

Cheers

lmao

I am an american pig no doubt, and love being one proud to be one actually.lol

But hear u about underaverage he made a good statement over in non golf I saw that too and I told him so.

Hey if u want to c an NBA player hustle watch Manu Ganobli for the spurs he is really good and u can tell he loves to play. But over all even though I am an NBA fan I would have to admit the truth of ur statements and also say I am way mor einto My Syracuse Orangeman.( Sry about that a couple years back, snicker..snicker) Anyway after last years first round tornement lose I was closer to tears than I have ever been since being grown up, never feel that way about my Knicks and they stink.lol

... and also say I am way mor einto My Syracuse Orangeman.( Sry about that a couple years back, snicker..snicker) Anyway after last years first round tornement lose I was closer to tears than I have ever been since being grown up, never feel that way about my Knicks and they stink.lol
    I'm used to it by now
    But at least I was at KU when they won theirs, so it helps a little.

This year was by far my most devistating. I remember watching the Vermont-Syracuse game and thinking "ahh so sad" with a slight grin. It was on immediately before the KU-Bucknell (from PA no less) game. What made it even worse was that KU's last coach won his first championship against the team from which their current coach transfered. All that and KU was the pre-season # 1 team. Not a good year in Jayhawkland.

The weekend following the KU game, the starter at our course saw the Jayhawk headcovers on my wifes bag, when we went over he goes "Ah, we have a couple from Bucknell that wants to pair up with you" It went right over our head, we just said "works for us". I think he thought we were mad. It hit me at the tee box. I just looked at him, started shaking my head, and lipped "You Bas+@#)" and said I just got it. He just started laughing.

Yah when the college boys lose it def affects my mood for a while not so with pro's.

I think iwill try to play Chisel Creek maybe on Monday with my dad and brother I looked it up probably like hour 15 min from me and looked decent on the web sight.

I think we have sufficiently hijacked this thread , loved the starter story though its cool to run into people that r that sharp.

Talking

ummmm... we dont really do basketball in Wales!!! hah, im completely lost now ;)

Oooh, and i forgot to mention earlier.... for a 17 year old boy ive found other reasons to watch the LPGA.... I went to the European open last year and Paula Marti had on the smallest red shorts you've ever seen.... i was there for the golf obviously ;)

Well if u talkin impressive that way then I no argu girls over boys all the way.lol
    This certainly makes me understand what u meant by how did u say that " Smooth soft well rounded swings" lol That may be a slight miss quote not sure.

Well if u talkin impressive that way then I no argu girls over boys all the way.lol
    This certainly makes me understand what u meant by how did u say that " Smooth soft well rounded swings" lol That may be a slight miss quote not sure.
    hah, i'll let the mis-quote slip this time ;)

Thread Information