|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Hostile threads...is it just me?

Is it just me or are there quite a few new threads popping up involving the advertiser nature of this forum and the futility of purchasing name brand equipment.

I have been researching and reviewing equipment on this site for a while now, and I have never had a post culled out in spite of some that were not necessarily flattering to certain brands.

As far as the imitation clubs threads...well, imitations are just that...imitations. They are attempts at copying something else. No one copies a piece of crap...they imitate good equipment. Are these imitations as good as the real deal? the research says no, but anyone who wants to use them, why the hell not. I wouldn't look in someone else's bag and judge their game by what brand of club is in their bag, but I also wouldn't brag about getting a much better price on my knock-offs...most (hopefully all) golfers who have high end equipment have made a considerable investment, and have chosen the gear that they feel is the best for them...they should be the only judge of whether that investment was worth-while for them. As to whether or not the clones are the same club or very bit as good, I will refer to another pass-time of mine, one I am more proficient at than golf, so certainly one I can discuss more knowledgeably. I am an avid waterfowl and sporting clay shooter. Because of the duck shooting, I tend to use semi-automatics for even clay shooting. I have several, my favorite being a Belgian Browning Auto-5. I have tried some of the offerings from other companies, some attempting to reproduce the operation system of the Auto-5. None of the clones were anywhere near as good as the original, and one brand actually exploded several times (fortunately no injuries). While it is highly unlikely that cloned golf clubs would explode (lol), I harbour serious doubts that their performance is near that of the originals (of course it will take some ability on the user's part to perform with either)...are there any players on tour using these clubs?

i agree i just think of this website for help with club choices and to talk anything golf, i too haven't had any reviews pulled either.

It's just some clown(s) trying to drum up business for himself, selling knock-off clubs. First step is to slam the competition. Next thing he will be giving glowing reviews to a hot new driver he had custom made for him, that's EASILY 30 yards longer than any name-brand, overpriced driver. And it never misses a fairway.

Just wait.

Note the two nearly identical threads started on the non-golf part of the forum. This appears to be the doing of someone who is financially interested in clone clubs. The posts are utter nonsense.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I have a friend who is a much better golfer than myself...he played knock-off 845's for years. HE swings pretty hard, so he had S300's in them, and they did well for them...then he came into some money...now he has Titleist 704's, and he plays even better.

I am switching my irons this summer, and you can bet there won't be clones in my bag.

For the record I'm not in the golf business I'm a student, but a word about clones.

I had set of clones that someone just had to make for me. They did it for me to try and this is my personal opinion.

The shafts are exactly what is in my current irons, the grips were exactly the same, the swing weight were the same, and the total weight was very close, the only real difference were the club heads. The lie was set up exactly like my current irons. The result?

I hit these clubs very solid and actually like the feel. The loft had to be readjusted at least three times as I would hit the 8 iron farther than the 6 iron; I hit the 5 iron as far as the 3 iron. It was total confusion. After bending and bending them he finally got them right (or playable for me). I played them for about two months and played great golf with them. The only reason I changed was because I wanted a brand name and loved the looks of the new Wilson Fi5 irons (which I love now).

I wouldn't tell anyone not to consider clones, but make sure you have the time and resources to get them right... mine were a little bit of a nightmare.
    Last edited by College Golf; 06-12-2005 at 05:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    Cheers,
    Jay

OK here is the deal with clones a little test.

Try telling ur wife or girlfrend that she is like an inexpensive(take ur pick celleb) Angelina Joli Look alike. Honey u r just as good looking and cost me much less what a deal. Do u think she would take it as a complement.lol

Not saying knock offs or clones arn't good clubs played some before pretty well but certainly knew where the money was going when I switched to name brands. Its the shot consistancy off the same swing over and over again achived by a more expensive manufacturing process that makes clubs consistant, thus shotsa are consistant provided u swing the same.lol
    Every set should come with a 2 iron!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am in complete agreement with these angry posters. This site is a sham!!!
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33
    I am in complete agreement with these angry posters. This site is a sham!!!
    Oh, yeah??!! Well, just wait until you hear from my lawyer! Well, he isn't actually a lawyer, but he has a fake diploma, and looks almost like a lawyer.........you wouldn't be able to tell the difference just by looking at him......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by jordoo
    Try telling ur wife or girlfrend that she is like an inexpensive(take ur pick celleb) Angelina Joli Look alike. Honey u r just as good looking and cost me much less what a deal. Do u think she would take it as a complement.lol
    You forgot:
    "...and you go farther than anyone I've had in the past" ;)

My wife had a set of woods that consisted of a Callaway, and 4 knockoffs that she bought from a club place that is now defunct. The were in the set that got lost by the airlines. She mainly got them because she was a left handed woman, and could get them in 1 day, instead of waiting several weeks. She paid almost as much as the real thing. She liked the woods just as much as the Callaways, and was crushed that they were lost. Although, she will be repacing them with the real thing.

So I guess the point is, you can get a decent product, however, since the company went defunct, she was SOL on ever getting a matching 9 wood for her set. The reason she had the 1 Callaway. She then had inconsistent distance between the Callaway and the Knockoff. As well as, unable to get support for the product if she had a problem. She is buying Callaways so she will not have this problem. Two years from now if she breaks or damages a club, you figure she will be able to get it fixed or get a replacement that matches her set, if not new on clearance, on eBay or used.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Jayhawk
    You forgot:
    "...and you go farther than anyone I've had in the past" ;)

lmao How could I forget that part no wonder she hasn't talked to me 4 a week.lol
    Maybe I'll try again when I get home tonight.
    Every set should come with a 2 iron!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information