|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Changed swing speed...changed ball flight

I just changed drivers lately. The first few outing with the driver were great. I was doing a very smoothe swing (similar to the swing with the old driver), and was averaging very long drives. For some unfathomable reason, however, I have begun to slow down my swing a bit, opting for more control. This has led to a very disconserting development...I am now becoming a bit wild. If I go with a smoother swing I tend to hit a shorter draw off the toe of the driver. If I revert to my old swing, I get a monstrous banana...any ideas...apart froom going to take another lesson!

Hope you have kept a few spares with different size, flex and length of drivers around. Twice when I had severe hook all of sudden when I normally got fade or slice back then, the shaft broken few weeks later on a driver and a 2 wood. I am only swing 88-92 at the time.

Another two occasions recently, I have wrong (softer) flex/length installed for experimenting on 2 or 3 wood (regular or hybrid), it hooks for no reason. After I swapped them out, it shoots like rocket with dead aims.

Under all circumstances, I tried to swing as easy as I could and loose my grip as much as possible, still hook like never before. Human factor is still the major casue in most occasions, that's why you need to find your swing with a few referencing alternatives. Sometime leftovers from club ho'ing do get your confidence back.

Thread Information