|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Swing speed + ball question

I swing between 95-105 consistently and under control, with a max of 115 when I'm coming out of my shoes trying to kill the ball. However, I'm not sure which ball I should be using. I've got almost an entire bag full of Titleist Pro V1's, Calloway HX Hot, and a few Nike One Platinums (Living about 100 yards away from a golf course is awesome) but I'm afraid of pulling out the Titleist and Nike balls just cause I don't want to use a $4.00+ and take the chance of losing it/not getting the best results.

Any recommendations?

3 Balls:
    Titleist Pro v1: VOID: AFRAID OF LOSING/DAMAGING
    Callaway HX Hot: Useable
    Nike One Platinum:VOID: AFRAID OF LOSING/DAMAGING

Callaway HX Hot wins by default. Simple math. 3-2=1.

If you're concerned about the safety of those ProV1 & Platinums, send them to me I'll give 'em a good home.
    Hold my Beer. I'm going to hit a high fade over that tree....

Simple math indeed. It makes sense to use the HX Hot until I feel comfortable enough to hit a Pro V1 or Nike One anything. However based on the speed I'm averaging on impact, am I going to lose or gain yards using a Pro V1 or Nike One ball?

Sorry if I didn't make that a little clearer to anyone reading

The Hogan Hawk is an excellent all around ball, especially in the "New, Improved" version which is longer. It is quite long, spins great around the greens and for iron shots, and has a quite durable cover (unlike the original Hogan Apex Tour which shredded like Velveeta cheese until they modified the cover).
    It's only $2.50/ball @ $30 / dozen, so you don't feel like you've lost the crown jewels if you put one in the water, OB, or hit a cart path.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    I swing between 95-105 consistently and under control, with a max of 115 when I'm coming out of my shoes trying to kill the ball. However, I'm not sure which ball I should be using. I've got almost an entire bag full of Titleist Pro V1's, Calloway HX Hot, and a few Nike One Platinums (Living about 100 yards away from a golf course is awesome) but I'm afraid of pulling out the Titleist and Nike balls just cause I don't want to use a $4.00+ and take the chance of losing it/not getting the best results.

Any recommendations?
    why are you worried about losing FREE balls? didn't you say you get them by living close to the course?

also, swing speed isn't everything. control is important. if you lose a lot of balls b/c they are spraying left and right, it doesn't really matter what ball you're losing (unless you actually paid for them).

if your control is good, try a tour level 3 piece ball. you may find one of the 3 you mentioned becomes your favorite ball. then the manufacturer will discontinue it, like they did the Maxfli A10 for me.

I get em for free yeah, but no one likes losing a ball to something like a moving forest or water hazard.

100 yards from a course is nice. You should use all of them. You will find more to replace them.

Just a thought...try not to think about whether or not you are going to lose one or two...just play the "better" ball. You may start to groove your swing quicker and gain that confidence.

Thread Information