|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Ping Wedges

Ping Wedges

Looking for some feedback on Ping Wedges. Has anyone played the G2 wedges or the MB wedges? I'm about to order the G2 irons, but the fittings are usually with a 6 iron. I did hit the G2 6 iron well at the range off grass - averaged about 170 with a nice ball flight. I have not hit the G2 wedges. I have hit a MB 56 and liked it.

But wedges are scoring clubs. So I am looking for some input from those who have played these wedges.

My dad plays the MB wedges (56 & 52). He loves them, but he has played some kind of Ping SW for many years now. I don't really like them, I feel they have too much bounce for me and I prefer a softer feel.

Off to the course....
    Cheers,
    Jay

I have played Ping clone wedges for 3 years (the only clone I have ever played - long story!). I play them consistently well. When I first purchased, I demoed them against everything - RAC, Cleveland, Mizuno, Vokey - and I simply hit them better and more consistently. I have even tried to replace them with Mizuno Raw Haze (thinking that matching my Mizuno irons would be good) but I have gone back to the Ping clones for the same simple reason: I hit them better.

The only thing I find odd, and perhaps a little frustrating, is that they have progressive bounce, so the 60 degree lob wedge actually has the most bounce - certainly unusual compared to most wedge set progression. This does clone Ping wedge bounce: if you go to the Ping website, they either list the bounce as "Variable" or as M/B (? medium bounce). I have a question into Ping as to why they don't simply list the bounce on each club, as bounce is a measurable entity on any club, and why they don't offer a low bounce lob wedge option, since that seems the norm. I will post any reply I get.

Bottom line: demo whatever wedges you are considering and buy the ones you hit best. For me, Pings (clones - but I will replace with OEM Pings if I need to replace my wedges).

Thread Information