|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

true temper dynamic gold question

Does anyone have any experience with the DG S200 shafts? More specifically, how do they compare to the S300's? Are they softer in terms of stated flex (ie a stiff S200 is softer than a stiff S300) or have a different ball flight?

A friend of mine thinks the S200's are a ladies shaft because they're supposed to be Iighter than the S300's but I looked at the True Temper website and the difference in weight between the S200 and the S300 is only 3 grams which seems pretty small to me. Is a 3 gram difference substantial?

Thanks for any thoughts any of you may have.

I think the difference is the 200 is slightly less stiff than the 300. The weight difference may be from the wall thickness of the steel shaft. I bet if you look at the 400 it is slightly heavier than the 300.

In my opinion there would be a very minor difference between each 100 within the same flex (R, S, X). I believe the step pattern changes slightly within each flex.

Anyway.. I'm happy with my DG X100's
    Cheers,
    Jay

they are a little softer, they use them in vokey wedges as the standard wedge flex.

It is a little lighter and softer than the s300's. And 3grams is actually a bit of a differance in golf club weight. !0 grams makes all the diff in the wourld for me in my driver shaft same shaft 65 gram totally messed me up 75 gram just right.

IMHO the S-300 is the best iron shaft going, also the hogan apex 4 is a close match but hogan frequesy matches all their shafts fo perfectly consistant flex through out thier sets. I have had that done with all the sets that I have had S-300's put into and feel that it does make a differance.

Edit:
    I take it back IMHO True Temoer Dynamic Gold are the best iron shafts around since then everyone can play the flex that matches them.
    Every set should come with a 2 iron!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Im sure theyre true to flex and the only difference is weight. Dynamic golds are just weight sorted Dynamics with any shaft that isnt perfectly weight matched rejected if you were to buy Dynamics in stiff youd get weights between 124 130 but if you get the golds they all weigh exactly the same 124 127 or 130 depending on your preference.

I love the hogan apex shafts (although they have a lower kick point I believe), the only problem is when on the road traveling and playing in tournaments every once in a while a shaft is damaged.

Not by anger but playing near a tree, a bus ride, or a plane flight. It is very easy to find a DG on the road and get replaced quickly. The hogan apex are not on everyones shelf.
    Cheers,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by College Golf
    I love the hogan apex shafts (although they have a lower kick point I believe), the only problem is when on the road traveling and playing in tournaments every once in a while a shaft is damaged.

Not by anger but playing near a tree, a bus ride, or a plane flight. It is very easy to find a DG on the road and get replaced quickly. The hogan apex are not on everyones shelf.
    Kick piont is higher u can tell because the last step is longer. Good piont on replaicment shafting though. If u r hitting an xtra stiff u certainly have no problem getting the ball in the air anyway and better off with lower kick piont for trajectory control. I find it much harder to controll my trajectory with higher kick piont clubs. But I do well with the stiff apex shafts
    Every set should come with a 2 iron!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jordoo
    If u r hitting an xtra stiff u certainly have no problem getting the ball in the air
    That I don't have a problem with. I hit the ball higher than 95% of the good players I play with and have watched play the game. I'm actually trying to learn to hit a lower more boring shot on demand. I just don't trust it yet.
    Cheers,
    Jay

Thread Information