|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

putter question.....

i have a straight back and forward putting stroke, crouch over pretty far and pretty much align my eyes over the ball.should i opt for a center-shafted mallet type putter or any other suggestions? i'm currently using an Odyssey white hot #2 blade style putter which i'm not to comfortable with.

Whatever u feel more comfortable and put better with go put with them and c how u do before purchasing. I am a firm believer that putters make very little actual difference except for mentally. If u think u put well with it then u usually do.lol
    Every set should come with a 2 iron!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My putting style is the same as yours. I went with an offset Flange putter because it felt good. White hot #4 and cut the shaft off to 33 1/4 inches, because at 6' 1", I leaned over so far, the 35" putter would get caught in my shirt occasionally, and costing me strokes. At 33 1/4", I still grip down by the metal.

I was always told a Mallet putter better matches a pendulum stroke, yet it seemed to heavy for me, whereas the blade style felt to light and uncontrolable, so I went with the flange. Really though, it is more important to get what feels good with the putter. If you have a pendulum stroke and a blade feels good, it cannot be bad, plus you can test out the different shafts to find one that matches your style.

I did notice the Ping G2's seemed to be alligning their designs with the Odysseys, yet they felt slightly heavier in all of the designs. Worth noting. I will be sticking with the Odyssey White Hot #4 unless it breaks.

Thread Information