|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Frustrated Left Handed Golfer

Does anyone know a golf shop in Southeastern MA that carries demo drivers in left hand? I have tried 6 different shops (Edwin Watts, local pro-shops and golf specialty stores) and only one has a left handed demo driver (Ping G2). I am looking to try several others before I drop $300+ on a new club but it appears that I am stuck in a "buy now try later" situation. Man, after all these years and more people playing golf left handed, I can't believe golf shops don't carry more left handed equipment.

I know I'm being a little selfish and I do understand that golf shops make 99% of their money from right handed clubs but do people really buy equipment without trying it first? That seems awfull expensive!

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Matt

Go to clevelandgolf.com (or any other big name manufacturer) and click demo days. This should show you when they will be in your area. Then call the place where the demo day is, and they'll tell you all the club makers that will be there. I would guess that most will have some lefty clubs, because nowadays we don't burn lefties for being witches like in the good old days.
    Last edited by SeldomInTheSlot; 07-15-2005 at 11:46 AM.

thanks for the idea! I just checked the Cleveland site an realized I missed a demo day at a course 15 minutes from me by one day.....Oh well....looks like they are coming back on August 4 so hopefully I will be able to try some things out.

Thanks again!

They have a Golfsmith in Norwalk, Connecticut, not sure if it is close to you.
    http://www.golfsmith.com/retail_stor...ore_number=049

My wife is a lefty and Golfsmith in NJ probably had the biggest selection of demos and clubs of all the stores she tried. They had tons of Lefty G2's, as well as most lefty driver Types.

Quote Originally Posted by mpkelley20
    thanks for the idea! I just checked the Cleveland site an realized I missed a demo day at a course 15 minutes from me by one day.....Oh well....looks like they are coming back on August 4 so hopefully I will be able to try some things out.

Thanks again!
    You're welcome. Demo days are great because most of the big manufacturers will be there.

Does anyone know a golf shop in Southeastern MA that carries demo drivers in left hand? I have tried 6 different shops (Edwin Watts, local pro-shops and golf specialty stores) and only one has a left handed demo driver (Ping G2). I am looking to try several others before I drop $300+ on a new club but it appears that I am stuck in a "buy now try later" situation. Man, after all these years and more people playing golf left handed, I can't believe golf shops don't carry more left handed equipment.

I know I'm being a little selfish and I do understand that golf shops make 99% of their money from right handed clubs but do people really buy equipment without trying it first? That seems awfull expensive!

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Matt
    Theres a reason you only found the Ping G2. It's fate. The higher power wants you to have the G2.

I on behalf of the whole Ping G2 Crew here at GR would like to welcome you with loving arms.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Matt

Hi there:

I too am a left-handed golfer who is/was frustrated with the availability (or lack thereof) of good left-handed clubs. One solution that worked for me anyway is to spend some time on eBay - you can pick up some pretty good deals on all kinds of high-end golf equipment. Out of the dozen or so high-end drivers (and numerous putters too) that I have tried over the last couple of years, only one has been purchased at a local golf shop - all the others were acquired through eBay. I take the club to the range, if it feels good I play a round with it. It's nice when you can go to the range with 4 drivers and back-to-back them all to see which one feels right for you. For the clubs that don't work for me, or feel right to me - I sell them again on eBay and usually get what I paid and in some cases even more. The drawback to this method is that you have to wait around a week to receive your club, and you have to shell out some bucks in order to try the equipment (remember that you can recover the cost if/when you sell what you don't want to keep). There is one shop where I live who has a big net you can hit some of their clubs into - I much rather prefer taking the club to the range where you can hit a ball outside in the open air and actually see what the ball is doing, and hear what the club sounds like at impact (they sound totally different indoors). I've been able to narrow my driver preference down by trying several clubs, and was able to find one (well actually two) that work and feel great to me most consistently. There's one option for ya, I hope it helps. That's my humble $.02

Regards,

Bert

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    Theres a reason you only found the Ping G2. It's fate. The higher power wants you to have the G2.

I on behalf of the whole Ping G2 Crew here at GR would like to welcome you with loving arms.

I tried the G2 this weekend. Hit a bucket a balls with it and could not find my swing. I love the look of the club as well as the setup but I could not hit the thing to save my life. Unfortunately, the place I went to only had it in a regular flex shaft and it just felt to weak for me. I popped everything up or duck hooked it. I also tried a cobra 450 (or something like that). It also had a regular flex shaft but it felt much stiffer than the G2. I hit that much better but was not completely thrilled with the look. Both Ping and Cleveland are having demo days at this place in early August and I put my request in to have several lefty clubs available to try. Looking forward to trying the G2 with a stiffer shaft.

On the EBAY front, yes...I have purchased a few clubs through them. I bught my current set of irons on EBAY two years ago. I had always wanted a set of Hogan Apex Plus irons but was never willing to shell out $800-$1000 to buy a set of lefties without ever trying them out first. I ended us getting a 2-pw for $200 during a holiday weekend when there was no one else around to bid on them. (at the time, these were going for $400+ on EBAY). They were practically brand new and had upgraded Rifle shafts on them! And the best part....I hit them so much better than my 15 year old 845's!

Matt

I've hit lots of driver out right now and the longest driver I have hit is the G2

I'm also left handed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information