|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Favourite tiger Moment

Tiger is the reason golf is exciting to me, i want to ask you what your favourite tiger moment is, mine is ether that ridiculus chip in at the masters or at shinnecock last year when he was playin not so great and on the last hole holed out from 130 with two bounces and a 5 yard backspin right to the hole, i thought that was special
    "I was with my buddy Chip, a white guy, he was drunk, i was high, we were driving around and we got pulled over for speeding. i was nervous, chip who was driving was was drunk, the car smells like weed. i was gonna loose it. chip on the other hand was calm and relaxed. he didnt even turn the radio down. if you got pulled over wouldnt you turn your radio down...[U]Unless you want to get your ass beat to a soundtrack[/U] " Dave chappelle-killing them softly

Mine would have to be from one of the recent Nike commercials. On their website, it begins with him at 7:30 in the morning, no warmups, etc. and he rips a long iron right at a camera at the permission of the director. The director was trying to get him to zing them at the camera. End result? A slow motion shot of Tiger's ball going straight INTO the $30,000 camera. It's the funniest damn outtake I've seen for a golf commercial.

Tiger's response: "You said to hit the camera!"

the outtake was amazing, but i would have to say that his chip from off the green at Augusta that stopped with the nike logo staring right at the camera, and then after literally 5 seconds fell in

Seeing him putt the ball off the 15th green at Augusta into Ray's Creek (just shows me he is human).
    ...we'll ride the spiral to the end
    we may just go where noone's been.

I'm surprised not to see Benguk have a reply in this one.

My favorite Tiger moment is in that commercial, when he's juggling to golf balls with two different clubs. Now I know why he is the best in the world. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by rkrappygolfer

My favorite Tiger moment is in that commercial, when he's juggling to golf balls with two different clubs. Now I know why he is the best in the world. Damn.
    Best commercial was the original ball bouncing one where he hits it at the end. That commercial (by far) had more people talking than any sporting TV commerical ever. You couldn't go out to any course without seeing someone trying to bounce a ball with their PW. For weeks I was hearing people, "Did you see that Tiger commercial?!"

Best golf moment would be the PGA when he made two amazing par putts on 15 and 18, and then the "following the putt" birdie to win in the playoff with Bob May.

Oh yeah right when he putted the ball he started pointing at it and following it all the way in the hole, It was so perfect, I think he picked the ball out of the hole before it even hit the bottom of the cup.

It takes courage to do that, what do you think he would have looked like if it would have lipped out....

Nobody plays golf like tiger, and that's why people watch him play golf because every shot that he has could be one of the best shots ever

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by wwjdwithca
    Best commercial was the original ball bouncing one where he hits it at the end
    Agreed. While waiting on the tee I somehow thought of that and tried doing it towards a pond right next to the tee. I can do the bouncing just fine, but I nearly jammed my thumb trying to hit it out of the air (whiffed by a mile).

Quote Originally Posted by elbe-one
    Agreed. While waiting on the tee I somehow thought of that and tried doing it towards a pond right next to the tee. I can do the bouncing just fine, but I nearly jammed my thumb trying to hit it out of the air (whiffed by a mile).

Thanks to many hours of "down" time in the proshop, I can bounce a ball on W all day. The one that blew me away is seeing him bounce a ball on the top of a driver (a 975D at that).
    ...we'll ride the spiral to the end
    we may just go where noone's been.

i also thought it was special today when he won the open, buy how happy he was and the fans went nuts
    "I was with my buddy Chip, a white guy, he was drunk, i was high, we were driving around and we got pulled over for speeding. i was nervous, chip who was driving was was drunk, the car smells like weed. i was gonna loose it. chip on the other hand was calm and relaxed. he didnt even turn the radio down. if you got pulled over wouldnt you turn your radio down...[U]Unless you want to get your ass beat to a soundtrack[/U] " Dave chappelle-killing them softly

I like when he declared a boulder to be a loose impediment and it took 3 guys from the gallery to move the thing out of his way. That was classic I mean nobody else seems to be able to do that stuff. What knowledge of the rules. It was a truely awsum moment in golf. WOW
    Every set should come with a 2 iron!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When he missed the cut at the Byron Nelson Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin
    Tiger is the reason golf is exciting to me, i want to ask you what your favourite tiger moment is, mine is ether that ridiculus chip in at the masters or at shinnecock last year when he was playin not so great and on the last hole holed out from 130 with two bounces and a 5 yard backspin right to the hole, i thought that was special

It would have to be that 370 yard plus drive at Doral (16th hole?) this year over water and on the green. That drive really says it all about Tiger, the guy is just an amazing talent.

1992 U.S Junior Amateur finals at Wollaston Golf Club. Tiger 1 down after 15. Third shot on par 5 16th hole flies the green, hits his father sitting on a foldaway chair at the back of the green (at least it appeared to hit him), bounces backwards onto the green and stops about 10 feet from the pin. Ends up winning the hole and going on to win the match on the 18th hole in dramatic fashion.

The funniest thing about that shot on 16 was Tiger throwing his club down in disgust as it flew through the air. He knew his 4th shot from behind the green would have been impossible and would have cost him the tournament. Good thing there was a backstop!

Quote Originally Posted by rkrappygolfer

i was gone for a week, but now im back and ready to reply to this thread!!!!

hmm, my favorite..... the camera hit definatly! I watched the making of that commercial.

Canadian Open, he hit a 6i 200+ and flew it freakishly high to carry the trees from a fairway bunker. The shot was great but I remember them interviewing someone (I want to say Faxon but I don't really remember) who was with a bunch of players in the locker room. The guy described the reaction of the other players as laughter. The most honest reaction for them was spontaneous laughter. It says a lot from a crowd of a few dozen of the greatest golfers on the planet.

A close runner up was that snake he hit when he was battling May. I was in Vegas, at a sports book, and the room was about 50/50 tiger v. the field. As the thing twisted you could feel - hear - smell the emotions swing in the crowd until it dropped. Then the unusual sound of grown men cheering and bemoaning a bet and a golf shot.

Priceless.

Thread Information