|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Your Favorite Blade Style Putter / Putter Maker

Tried to search for this topic, but the search was down, so please no whining if this subject has been broached previously...

Wondering what everyone's favorite blade style putters and/or putter makers are...

As with most everybody, I like a lot of Cameron's stuff - I have a Newport Beach that I'll never let go of, and his new "American Classics" VII Napa looks pretty sweet.

However, I don't have a rabid, exclusive loyalty to Cameron putters as some do - I also like a lot of Bettinardi's sticks. Hell, even the original Wilson 8802 / Mendralla putter is pretty sweet, IMO.

Has anyone had any experience with some of the "lesser known" custom shops (e.g., gauge design; slighter putters, etc.)?

Overall, what are your favorites?
    Last edited by BigBaller; 07-16-2005 at 08:52 PM.

bettinardi

been using a pre hogan bettinardi bb7 for over 4 years and proably will use another 4...i have played around with a Mickey Finn T- Bar putter which i thought rolled very nice and very consistent. Probably the closest putter I have found that I like as much as my own.

Personally I don't use a blade, I did when I started but they seemed a little harder to control. I use a Flange Putter (Semi-mallet) White Hot #4.

I really prefer the look and feel of the full offset, and heel~toe weighted models and specifically the Ping Anser models. Although after using the White Hot, I will probably stick with Odyssey should anything ever happen to my putter, I really like the soft Urethane Insert over anything else.

Hmmmmmm

The only blade I have used is a Ray Cook TV-1 which I liked very much. Recently I have gone back to my mallet an Oddessey Rossie 2............

Scotty Cameron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm going to give the new Taylor Made Rossa line a shot, I hear good things about the AGSI insert. But still waiting to find a Daytona 1 in 33".

i just bought a brand new odessey white hot #2 putter. Its a horseshoe mallet and has a perfect roll if you make contact in the center of the putter. At 100 dollars, its a huge bargain over any new-age putter.

Hi there:

What it all boils down to is what works the best for YOU, and what feels the best for YOU. I've tried several different putters over the last few years, and it seems that I have settled on a Taylor Made Rossa Indy Sport. I always disliked blades, but this thing feels so darn good when you contact the ball, I'm actually acquiring a fine taste for this beauty. For ME, it truly defines feel in a putter (the feel is better when you use a better ball it to me it seems - like a Pro V-1, Noodle, or Maxfli Elite etc - the really hard distance balls don't seem to give the same feedback or feel). I had a Cameron Pro Platinum, and a Newport - I sold them both this spring (the Rossa just felt better to me - some of my buddies think I have rocks in my head, but ya gotta go with what works for ya), and I have also tried a Rossa Maranello tour, but sold it also as the Indy just felt better to me. My backup is an Odyssey white hot Rossie mallet, it also has a feel I like very much, but I've been using the Rossa blade most of this year. I'll pull it out of the closet again if/when the Rossa gets cold on me. The Rossa took a few rounds for me to get used to (distance control), but I'm very comfortable with it, and rarely 3-putt. I set an all time personal best a few weeks ago (26 putts), that don't happen very often with me, and I attribute alot of that to the fine feel of the Rossa. Pelz says when you try a new putter, you're supposed to give it an honest go for at least 6 months. Try out as many as you can (that's where a place like eBay kinda comes in handy), but not just in the showroom putting rug of your local golf store - acquire a few on eBay (if you can spare a few bucks for a few clubs, and get permission from your wife of course ) and head to a range with a nice big putting green, or play a few rounds with each. After you've had time to make your mind up on what feels right to you, sell off the others. I had 5 putters this spring (and about 4 others last year), I sold off what I didn't like and I'm sticking with the two I have now - until I find another one that feels better, but I'm sure that won't be for a while. That's my humble $.02

Regards,

Bert

'designed by'-cleveland. But then agen i went bak 2 my belly putter on the weekend and was 1 under after seven. Shot an 80 but thats not my point, lol
    [SIZE=5][B]rydw i ond yn mynd ar fy wyliau i tanio fy pidyn.... [/B][/SIZE]

As long as the putter is ballanced well I can putt well with it. Not like ur swinging hard or anything.
    Every set should come with a 2 iron!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have the YES! C-Groove traditional blade and the Cleveland designed by, they are both very nice

I have the Odyssey White Steel #1 and I like it much more than my old 2-ball. I have a more balanced stroke with the White Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommysels41
    I have the Odyssey White Steel #1 and I like it much more than my old 2-ball. I have a more balanced stroke with the White Steel.
    i agree, with mallets i find speed control more difficult

It will take something really special to get the Cameron Newport 2 out of the bag.
    ...we'll ride the spiral to the end
    we may just go where noone's been.

I'd have to say my Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless 2.5 is the best feeling putter. I also like the feel from the Ping Zing, Tear Drop TD41, Yes C-Groove Tracy II and the Odessey Tri-Hot #2.
    Last edited by the hummer; 07-18-2005 at 01:35 PM.

Thread Information