|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan165
    \

45* cleveland 588 (looks quite rusty though)
    The rust helps promote more spin. My advice is to try out each club, and see which one feels better.

Which pitching wedge loft?

I am looking to pick up a pw, since the set of pings my dad gave me did not come with one. I already have a 56 sand and a 53 gap. I believe the 9 iron I have is 42.5. Anyway, just looking to see which loft I should get for my pw.
    I will be buying from a local store that has a ton of gap, sand, and lob wedges, but very few pitching wedges. Anyway, here is what I have narrowed my choice down to...

45* cleveland 588 (looks quite rusty though)
    49* cleveland 588
    48* tommy armour 845s
    48* titlest (might be vokey, but not sure)
    There is also a nice looking mizuno, but the loft is not stated on the club
    There are a handful of older pw (off the top of my head, I saw TM, macgregor, wilson, lynx)

I have considered ebay, but since the store has a return policy, I would rather go that route (that and it is probably here cheaper without the shipping cost).

Old standard loft for a wedg is 48 I believe but then 45 was old standard for a 9i. So u may want to go with something 3*-4* diff in between clubs to avoid a large distance gap. distance gap.
    my wedges go 48*pw,52*gw,56*sw. I like the gap because I hit all my wedges over 100yards so the pw and gw are really like 10i and 11i to me. And the sw is my all purpose pitch and chip club except for very special situations.
    Every set should come with a 2 iron!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm still trying to figure that one out as well. I currently have the Wedge that came with my Ping irons, though not sure what degrees it is. Got pretty good with the thing...maybe 75 yards each time it's hit properly. I like the height I get with the thing.

Then I purchased 56* and 60* Cleveland CG wedges though still not sure which one to use when. They both seem to hit the ball high as hex, in addition to a little grass-cutting in the process. One goes a tad bit "further" then the other, but it might also be due to an incorrect hit.

Those wedges are a tricky bunch. Then a buddy told me you could "open" the face more...aww hexnaw now Im really confused.

e

Thread Information