|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

This is getting out of hand

My love of golf is going too far. This is only one of my six walls, if you want to see more just ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	over the top001.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	1426  

another couple images

Name:	dmrco.JPG 
Views:	357 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	1428  

Name:	my rum005.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	1429  

Better find a girl to stand all these

You're pretty sick Ben.

No girl would take that "abuse"... ;)

I am lucky I can store my stuff inside the house, several times it was sujjested to take it all to the garage...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1]
    NIKE Ignite 460, Grafalloy Blue, Lucky 13*
    CLEVELAND Launcher, Grafalloy ProLite, 17*
    NIKE CPR Woods, UST Mid Kick, 22* + 26*
    NIKE Slingshots, True Temper, 5 - PW + SW
    CLEVELAND 900 Tour Action Gun Metal, 60*
    SCOTTY CAMERON Red X2, 35"
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider

I am lucky I can store my stuff inside the house, several times it was sujjested to take it all to the garage...
    Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh the joys of single life!

*LoL*

I'm not that bad, but I keep stuff like that. Whenever I get a dozen balls, I take one out and save it. I also keep the box the balls come in, sleeves and all. First two birdies I ever made, I kept the ball.

However there's a guy whose house my parents are selling that beats most likely all of us. He's got an entire room devoted to golf. An autographed picture of Slammin' Sam Snead in one cormer, a picture of Augusta Nationals 16th and 13th hole in one corner, a picture of the Pebble Beach's 18th in one, and my favorite one: An autographed picture of Arnold Palmer on Swilcan Bridge when he played his last British Open. Then right next to it, a picture of him on Swilcan Bridge in the exact position, stance, and pose Arnold was taking.

That's just some of the collection he's got. I hate the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    Whenever I get a dozen balls, I take one out and save it. I also keep the box the balls come in, sleeves and all. First two birdies I ever made, I kept the ball.
    Where do you store all this stuff? The rate I go through balls I would need a second home just to store the balls. I guess I could build the second home out of the boxes.

balls are small at least. I got tons of those shipping boxes from club hoing in order to use them when I sell on ebay, surely enough to build a box-cabin inside the garage
    Last edited by golf-addict; 07-20-2005 at 12:29 PM.

im not the only one!!! after im done staring at the walls i putt on my little fake green

Name:	ediititi.JPG 
Views:	332 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	1430  

Quote Originally Posted by mpkelley20
    My wife makes me keep my golf stuff in the basement and in the garage...so to take it to the next level, I decided to decorate the basement walls (finished basement) with golf pitures. Some classy ones but I did leave one area for my pride and joy...As you walk into the room on the back wall, there is a great picture titled "Tuff Ruff". Yes...it is a picture of dogs playing golf. My wife hates it and thinks its so tacky but I keep reminding her that it is MY space and I can hang whatever I want!
    Ah, the good side to having a wife that golfs. I am finishing our basement right now, actually done framing and had the plumber out today. The bar area will be a golf theme, with the same colors and decor you will find in a Sam Sneads Tavern, if you've ever been to one. The front of the 10' bar I am building will have a ball showcase with a ball from every course I've played. The top will have a ball marker from every course I've played with other memorabalia, with poured acrylic.

The center section will have a 9' Texas Hold'em table which was her idea (she plays poker as well), with a table topper top for dining, with all my photography on the walls, and video games. It'll have a workout room and LR that I told my wife she could do what she wants with, as long as it has a big screen.

I'll say it again, you gotta teach the wife to golf. Although our clubs do stay in the Garage, to lazy to carry them inside.

My wife makes me keep my golf stuff in the basement and in the garage...so to take it to the next level, I decided to decorate the basement walls (finished basement) with golf pitures. Some classy ones but I did leave one area for my pride and joy...As you walk into the room on the back wall, there is a great picture titled "Tuff Ruff". Yes...it is a picture of dogs playing golf. My wife hates it and thinks its so tacky but I keep reminding her that it is MY space and I can hang whatever I want!

I keep them in my golf bag for now. I've only got a dozen or so. A Pro V1, Pro V1x, ONE Black, Gold, Platinum, ONE Series, HX Hot, HX Tour, HX Blue, HX Red, Titlelist Tour Balata, and then two birdie balls.. Ok I lied, I have 13. I've been looking for the Bridgestone B330's but I've yet to find one on a course yet. I suppose once I find a lot I'll put them in a box or something. Maybe get one of those ball trophy cases and keep them in there until I get a ball for an eagle, double eagle (fat chance), hole in one, etc.

Jayhawk,

That's awesome. You have to post pictures when its done! I am so jealous!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benguk
    im not the only one!!! after im done staring at the walls i putt on my little fake green
    You need a smaller cap.

Wow, I think I'm jealous of that room too. If you're taking suggestions, make like a giant tally board for your aces, double eagles, eagles, birdies, pars, bogeys, double bogeys, etc. That'd be a really really cool looking thing to look at after a few years. See if you can have more birdies or pars than bogeys after a few years, etc.
    thats a good idea, im trying to collect all my scorecards to count, i will post a pic when im done today

Wow, I think I'm jealous of that room too. If you're taking suggestions, make like a giant tally board for your aces, double eagles, eagles, birdies, pars, bogeys, double bogeys, etc. That'd be a really really cool looking thing to look at after a few years. See if you can have more birdies or pars than bogeys after a few years, etc.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider

I take that as an insult... I'm a girl. My camp is coated with all my grampa's old clubs. We have an entire room dedicated to golf. You just have to find a smart girl who'll golf with you!

thats a good idea, im trying to collect all my scorecards to count, i will post a pic when im done today

Collecting all your scorecards is harder than you may think I just started last year and I already have over two hundred fifty... Not including the ones that I would never ever want to see again which go directly into the firepit... Where do you store all of them??

Quote Originally Posted by samlaj
    Collecting all your scorecards is harder than you may think I just started last year and I already have over two hundred fifty... Not including the ones that I would never ever want to see again which go directly into the firepit... Where do you store all of them??
    i have a small closet for them in my desk

his naked pictures of tigerwoods are under his mattress
    "I was with my buddy Chip, a white guy, he was drunk, i was high, we were driving around and we got pulled over for speeding. i was nervous, chip who was driving was was drunk, the car smells like weed. i was gonna loose it. chip on the other hand was calm and relaxed. he didnt even turn the radio down. if you got pulled over wouldnt you turn your radio down...[U]Unless you want to get your ass beat to a soundtrack[/U] " Dave chappelle-killing them softly

Ugh wow that was just gross.

As for where you store them or what not, you don't have to keep the card. Simply tally up the results and put them in an accessible, safe place where they can't be messed with.

you shud really donate your overstock to the needy
    "I was with my buddy Chip, a white guy, he was drunk, i was high, we were driving around and we got pulled over for speeding. i was nervous, chip who was driving was was drunk, the car smells like weed. i was gonna loose it. chip on the other hand was calm and relaxed. he didnt even turn the radio down. if you got pulled over wouldnt you turn your radio down...[U]Unless you want to get your ass beat to a soundtrack[/U] " Dave chappelle-killing them softly

Collecting all your scorecards is harder than you may think I just started last year and I already have over two hundred fifty...
    Woah, that's quite impressive. I wish I were able to play that much golf in a year... Hell maybe I could finally play scratch if I practiced and played that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Calinada
    Woah, that's quite impressive. I wish I were able to play that much golf in a year... Hell maybe I could finally play scratch if I practiced and played that much.
    He never said he plays golf, just collects score cards!

another couple images
    Benguk, do I see 10 boxes of callaway HX hots on your shelf? I thought you only played Nike.
    Titleist 704, DG S300
    Titleist 904T 10.5
    Callaway 52d wedge
    Titleist Vokey Oil Can 60d wedge
    Adams redline 5 wood stiff flex steel
    4 Ball putter

Quote Originally Posted by PA Jayhawk
    Ah, the good side to having a wife that golfs. I am finishing our basement right now, actually done framing and had the plumber out today. The bar area will be a golf theme, with the same colors and decor you will find in a Sam Sneads Tavern, if you've ever been to one. The front of the 10' bar I am building will have a ball showcase with a ball from every course I've played. The top will have a ball marker from every course I've played with other memorabalia, with poured acrylic.

The center section will have a 9' Texas Hold'em table which was her idea (she plays poker as well), with a table topper top for dining, with all my photography on the walls, and video games. It'll have a workout room and LR that I told my wife she could do what she wants with, as long as it has a big screen.

I'll say it again, you gotta teach the wife to golf. Although our clubs do stay in the Garage, to lazy to carry them inside.
    A wife that plays golf AND poker?! Wow - hang on to her, dude!

Yeah... I guess but I never put more than one round on a card... Only for Meets... and last year I played at LEAST a round of day. Ahh the wonderfull joys of having a dad be a golf coach...Pressure Pressure Pressure... (Still not getting much better... especially when he's around)

Yeah... I guess but I never put more than one round on a card... Only for Meets... and last year I played at LEAST a round of day. Ahh the wonderfull joys of having a dad be a golf coach...Pressure Pressure Pressure... (Still not getting much better... especially when he's around)
    I know what you mean, I play much better alone or with strangers, with my friends I feel too much pressure, try to hit hard, etc... DISASTER...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1]
    NIKE Ignite 460, Grafalloy Blue, Lucky 13*
    CLEVELAND Launcher, Grafalloy ProLite, 17*
    NIKE CPR Woods, UST Mid Kick, 22* + 26*
    NIKE Slingshots, True Temper, 5 - PW + SW
    CLEVELAND 900 Tour Action Gun Metal, 60*
    SCOTTY CAMERON Red X2, 35"
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by shooter mcgavin
    Benguk, do I see 10 boxes of callaway HX hots on your shelf? I thought you only played Nike.
    And some Srixons, too. Benguk, your Nike endorsement contract is in jeapordy!!!
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shteeve
    A wife that plays golf AND poker?! Wow - hang on to her, dude!

Yea there arent too many good looking girls that play golf between the ages of 17-20

Maybe he's got one of those deals like Woods has where he can play with whatever equipment he wants?

Maybe he's got one of those deals like Woods has where he can play with whatever equipment he wants?
    If so, we can expect some TV ads soon.
    "I'm Benguk. My contract says I can play any equipment I want, but I choose to play Nike." Their sales will soar on that endoresement!!
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

LOL Sites like ESPN, Golf Digest, etc. will have articles on their front page saying, "Who the hell is this Benguk kid?" and he'll have sports writers following him around writing articles about this mystery kid and we'll all be sitting here in utter shock.

i havent been able to find all my scorecards but have managed to collect enough to have this so far.

Birdies-1
    Pars-35
    Single Bogeys- 71

The rest are doubles and the occasional triple. Sometimes since par 5s are really hard to reach for me I have some 9s. I've only been playing for 10 months anyways.

How far do you hit your fairway woods and long irons/hybrids from the deck?
    about 160 with a 7wood which is what i use off the fairway on par 4s and 3s

How far do you hit your fairway woods and long irons/hybrids from the deck?

Driver, 7 wood, 7 wood, you should technically be able to hit a par 5 without much problem, not taking into consideration a topped ball/fat shot, etc. along the way. How many shots is it taking you to get to those long par 5's greens?

Thread Information