|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Are colored golf balls "ghey"?

I swear, all my buds make fun of me but I am in love with the Top Flite XL Yellows. They are cheap. I buy all my balls at Walmart. 15 cost $9.84. Anyway, they all give me a hard time and call me "ghey" yet I find it easier to spot my ball. I NEVER have to walk up to several balls and ask which is mine. I just, point, shoot, and grab my ball. One time, me and a buddy of mine were paired up with another twosome. When I tee'd up, the guy smirked and said, "A YELLOW golf ball????" So, I laughed it off.

So once and for all. Gimme the scoop.

Thnx..

Theres nothing wrong about that at all

Yes they are gehy. Acceptable only if you are (not busting on you, just stating the fact). If you simply must play Top Rocks, I would advise the white ones, at least people will stop pointing and laughing. BTW the best cheap ball out there is the Nike Power Play Soft (green box). $15 for the dz. at Wally World and almost everywhere else. Give 'em a try.
    It's not the Arrow, It's the Indian

I'd say it's only ghey if they were pink and a male golfer was playing it. Although I don't find yellow balls ghey, they just seem so 80's to me.

I guess I'd feel strange playing with the glow-in-the-dark balls, but it really wouldn't matter in any important way. I really do prefer a softer ball for the short game though. If Titleist made yellow pro-v1's for $25 a box, I'd use them in a heartbeat.

On a completely unrelated, but totally serious, note...when did people start spelling it "ghey?" Is this a new PC spelling that's an attempt to differentiate between the derogatory slang and the lifestyle? Or is it the way it's spelled on the other side of the pond? Or is it a product of something else altogether?

I've never seen that before...just curious...

top flite 3000 are not as rocky as previous ones, won a box from tourney raffles, plays alright.

Played a few yellow tops (free gift from the lost) before, happened to be in fall, really had hard time finding them on the leaves-covered fairways

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPoet
    On a completely unrelated, but totally serious, note...when did people start spelling it "ghey?" Is this a new PC spelling that's an attempt to differentiate between the derogatory slang and the lifestyle? Or is it the way it's spelled on the other side of the pond? Or is it a product of something else altogether?

Took the words out of my mouth, good question...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1]
    NIKE Ignite 460, Grafalloy Blue, Lucky 13*
    CLEVELAND Launcher, Grafalloy ProLite, 17*
    NIKE CPR Woods, UST Mid Kick, 22* + 26*
    NIKE Slingshots, True Temper, 5 - PW + SW
    CLEVELAND 900 Tour Action Gun Metal, 60*
    SCOTTY CAMERON Red X2, 35"
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

I Buy Em By The Bucket At Garage Sales Including Colors

Cant beat it. I bought a 2 gallon bucket of them at a garage sale a few weeks ago for $2 . Yes - $2. I am in the process of sorting them out as apparently some crazy people pay $100 for a single vintage ball of certain models. There are colored ones in there too. I have used them and have gotten snickers. I have yellow, red, pink, orange and lime green . So?

Who cares what other people think? If they cant deal with the yellow balls than dont look. Dont cry while I crush the ball .

As far as I am concerned golf can use an injection of color. The club colors are kind of boring - look at drivers. Always black, dark blue, dark maroon or something. How about yellow ones or Ferrari red ;) ?

I LOVE yellow balls because they are easier to spot than white ones. Considering how badly I play, I need every advantage to locate my balls.

I've even tried to dye white balls, but I'm having trouble finding fluorescent yellow paint. The regular yellow you find in arts and crafts stores is too dull and blends with grass too easily.

From what i understand, they are not legal in regulation play but who the hell cares because I'm not going against Tiger anytime soon.

Dave Bean

I find them to be gay or ghey whatever u call them. Doesn't mean the user is gay just the ball itself is a little to happy for me.LOL
    Every set should come with a 2 iron!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bang

bang makes bright yellow driver heads...

They are a little out there, but a true sign of being comfortable with you manhood. Just tell your friend that just because he is not comfortable enough with his manhood to save a few bucks, then that is his problem. Although if you have a Dicks sporting goods in your area, you can find a lot better quality golf ball for the same price, and they are usually white.

For 5 years I drove a pink Geo Tracker. People couldn't understand why I would pick the car. It was real simple, when I went to get the car, I wanted an automatic because I did mainly stop and go traffic in the city. It was the only one that was automatic in the places I went. They used to call it my Barbie vacation vehicle. It amazes me that some of these guys said they would rather have a 5 speed and suffer 2-3 hours a day on the highway before getting that color. Although there were times were I got lost in some bad areas of Philadelphia when I really wished my car was not quite so Pink. That and the Kansas Jayhawks Tire cover kinda made me wonder if I would make it out alive.

HAHAHAH PAJAyhawk!!!! I guess the pink GeoTracker puts it all in perspective now.

Wow, I am really surprised at the results so far. Turns out half of u say who cares, use them. The other half of u really do have some perception about them. YIKES. I would love to say I don't care and i am comfy in my manhood but then again, I hate peer pressure

Oh, and the "GHEY" spelling. That is my own creation because 1. I thought it was funny and different

and

2. I didn't want to offend anyone so I figured if I spelled it differently, it wouldn't be as bad. My original Subject line was, "Am I a total *** for crushing yellow rocks?"

myself

I have some yellow and orange balls, Wilson also makes them. I find them easier to spot on the course....the ones I dont understand are green balls from Volvik. Okay lets see, I want to find my ball, its green and its on green grass. Hmmm wonder why I can't find it?

You can find green balls if you play on snow or sand...

I bought a dozen of MOJO and one is dark red/pink, my wife loves it and uses it to practice putting, I dont think I will ever use it on the course, not because I care about the ball not beeing white, but because it might be hard to find on grass...

[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1]
    NIKE Ignite 460, Grafalloy Blue, Lucky 13*
    CLEVELAND Launcher, Grafalloy ProLite, 17*
    NIKE CPR Woods, UST Mid Kick, 22* + 26*
    NIKE Slingshots, True Temper, 5 - PW + SW
    CLEVELAND 900 Tour Action Gun Metal, 60*
    SCOTTY CAMERON Red X2, 35"
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

Sure, I would use them.

IF.... a better ball maker made them (Callaway HX Tour, Prov1's), and I was playing as a single.

You're just being yourself, I think that's important.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

"I'D BUY PINK PRO V 1'S!!!!" and youre welcome to quote that aswel. If youre not confident enough to play a pink golf ball then you need to have a serious think about your own sexuality imo!!!

Mr.Caddy has a point though, why dont they make ANY premium balls coloured. They are definitely easier to see a lot of the time. Anybody seen a pro playing a coloured ball?
    [SIZE=5][B]rydw i ond yn mynd ar fy wyliau i tanio fy pidyn.... [/B][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPoet

I think the word "gay" will be formatted with *** while "ghey" is completely fine although it means the same thing

well nevermind....why are you people saying ghey when the word is gay

at first, i thought you guys said it as "ghey" because the word "gay" was censored on here...lol....i guess not

and as for coloured golf balls....personally, i'd never use one, but to each his own

All you have to do is drive your ball perfectly and longer than your "ghey" playing partners and then ask them if they would also like to switch to the "ghey" balls. ;)

Titleist made yellow balls perhaps they still do.
    Any one else remember the ping two tone balls lime green on one side red on the other and other ugly colour combos?

didn't tiger play with black balls during a tournament?
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy
    at first, i thought you guys said it as "ghey" because the word "gay" was censored on here...lol....i guess not

and as for coloured golf balls....personally, i'd never use one, but to each his own
    There are only a very few words censored on this site. Gay isn't one of them........
    Now, please, nobody go with a post of 25 obscene and profane words to see which ones get censored!
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Talking no

no.
    anyone who even thinks that they are ghey are ghey themselves.

i had two red balls in my bag, had micky mouse icon on 'em...lost 'em both: playing with one of them and loaned out the other who stroked it into a wet creek, losing it. so long... "micky!" will miss "you" on late sunset rounds.

i use Pinnacle Gold Maximum Velocity
    Last edited by ironman; 07-31-2005 at 08:44 AM.

Yellow golf balls aren't ghey/gay, they're just... garish. IMO, at least. I never think 'gay' when I see them in a store, instead I think - 'only someone who's not a serious golfer would buy them. Or someone who is extremely cheap.' To me, it's sort of like wearing cutoff jeans to play golf. Yellow balls belong on a tennis court, not a golf course. But that's just my opinion, FWIW...

Incidentally, one of the fellows in my foursome last weekend used a yellow ball during a portion of his round. The gentleman is 83 and cheap about golf balls. Evidently he has several yellow ones he uses on occasion, as well as any ball he finds in a pond or the woods. He's one of those guys that has about 50 'found' golf balls in his trunk he uses, instead of ever buying any. He used the yellow one for about 5-6 holes until we lost it in the woods. Then he broke out a banged up old Maxfli he had found a couple of holes earlier. LOL! He ended up shooting an 87, so he's not too bad, eh?

Anyway, don't feel insulted by my above comments about yellow balls. They're definitely not my style, but I also think that if you're cool with using them, that's fine. Nothing wrong with a little individuality. Plus, at least your friends like you enough to rib you openly about it.

;-)

It's only gay to play colored balls if you hit your driver a pansy 100 yds. Your playing partner will not laugh at you if you put yours 50 yds pass theirs. Usually when I see people play colored balls I think hacks rather than gay. I don't play colored balls anyway because I don't want to announce what a hack I am.

Thumbs down awww bogeygolf

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf
    It's only gay to play colored balls if you hit your driver a pansy 100 yds. Your playing partner will not laugh at you if you put yours 50 yds pass theirs. Usually when I see people play colored balls I think hacks rather than gay. I don't play colored balls anyway because I don't want to announce what a hack I am.
    awwwwwwwwwwwww..... would you cry if your mates took the piss? you poor little pansy.

Mate, with that attitude im surprised you even play the game. I play coloured balls from time to time, and as a 20 handicap you cannot go around calling anyone a 'hack'. LMAO
    [SIZE=5][B]rydw i ond yn mynd ar fy wyliau i tanio fy pidyn.... [/B][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ironman
    no.
    anyone who even thinks that they are ghey are ghey themselves.
    That's why they think they are "ghey"?

I work as a Caddy and find that more of the old people use color balls, because their easier to see.

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf
    This is something I will have to remember next time I am in a league, or doing match play. Imagine how much you could throw off someones game if you hit the ball 50 yards further. Then imagine how much you would piss them off and throw off their game if you are hitting a "Flying Lady". I will definately be doing this next time I am in a league, as I would have no problem hitting a pink ball to win a match. Then again, I guess it would be a good idea to know I can hit the ball past them consistantly first, otherwise it may have the opposite affect.

Thanks for the idea!!!!

I guess you missed the point. I was calling myself a hack and that if I played a color ball it would be like wearing a sign on my back saying I am a hack! NM, I will amuse myself with my inside jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by underaverage
    awwwwwwwwwwwww..... would you cry if your mates took the piss? you poor little pansy.

Mate, with that attitude im surprised you even play the game. I play coloured balls from time to time, and as a 20 handicap you cannot go around calling anyone a 'hack'. LMAO

they are definetly easier to see... My mom is terrible and she would loose a million golfballs a year if hers werent colored... the only balls i think are "ghey" are the Nike MoJo

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    didn't tiger play with black balls during a tournament?
    Doesn't Tiger play with black balls during EVERY tournament?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Doesn't Tiger play with black balls during EVERY tournament?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thread Information