|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Golf Shoes

Golf Shoes

OK - who's wearing what and why ?? Good points?? bad ??
    Have always been a "DryJoy" guy, and I'm interested in what everyone else likes or dislikes AND WHY. (Ed)

I have tried a few brands, Hi-Tec, Nike, Footjoy, etc. Just changed from a pair of 8 year old comfort joys to a pair of Bite shoes, due to suffering from heel spikes (plantar something in technical terms). These are like walking on a carpet for the whole round! They have lots of styles to choose from ranging from classic to modern trainer style and as they are not a popular make, you can get them for reasonable prices, £40-£50 rather than £80-£100.

Well made, waterproof (where claimed) and ultra comfy.

I have a pair of Bite sneaker style golf shoes and they are extremely comfortable. Not waterproof though. If I wear them with long pants, it looks like fukkin Seinfeld so I wear them with shorts only.
    Shorts with saddle shoes look retarded (saddle shoes with anything looks retarded IMO)
    Long pants with sneaker style shoes looks equally retarded.
    I know they are considered hacker-esque on this forum, but I am a hacker so it's appropriate. But for what it's worth, the Bite shoes are the most comfortable i've ever tried.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

i only wear FJ, Adidas, and Ecco... all the rest are crap imo... i love the tour 360's...

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Fj Reelcomfort! Cheap, Reel Comfortable, Come In Wide Widths.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

I've got 2 pair of the Adidas Tour 360 II's. They are very comfortable and I've never had any issues with the waterproofing. The only thing I don't like is that are heavy. I've also got a pair of MyJoys (the DryJoy Tech) version that were supposed to be in a week ago. From what I've heard, they are awesome golf shoes. I customized them in the most retarded colors I could possibly think of and threw a couple annoying logos on them, so I'm not sure they will be "everyday" golf shoes.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/
    I wear Dryjoys. I didn't realize 10 year olds in China made another brand?
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

I wear whatever was on sale when I bought them in the first place. This time out Nike's. Long break in period. About 5 rounds walking.
    2 tears in a bucket

I recently got a pair of HiTec V-Lite Trues. They are the lightest and most comfortable shoe I've ever worn, and came with a 1 year waterproof waranty. In the past I've mainly worn footjoys, but they are a little overpriced IMO. The HiTecs are as good as any shoe out there IMO, and a must if you like your shoes light.

I've had Adidas in the past and they were ok, but the only pair of Nike shoes I've ever owned were absolute crap. I got blisters for the first two months, they leaked water (in spite of the waterproof warranty) and they fell apart in less than a year (didn't bother trying to get a replacement pair).
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I got the 360 II, love the look and feel, however the sole is starting to come off, they are only a year old, and are still under warranty so I think when the season is over ill try and send them back because they do leak....Also the leather is starting to look real bad on the bends, if you know what i mean
    Hoofer Vantage:

905R
    906F2
    695.cb
    G2i Anser

Tour 360 II

I wear rubber boots with ice creepers. Good grip, and they're waterproof too.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

I have several pairs from Footjoys to Nikes. Haven't tried Adidas yet but plan on that being next purchase. Best are Nikes because of scorpion spikes and tread. Great traction. I come from old school golf days of metal spikes and I have hated the soft spikes for traction. Love them for the "non-damage" to greens. Nike's seemed to be best just because of the spikes. Dexter makes comfortable shoes. Not that happy about some of the cheaper Footjoys/Dry Joys. I like a lot more support.

I currently wear a pair of Nike golf shoes. Not sure what kind they are, but I got two pairs for the price of one last year in the Pro Shop. I just had to break out the second pair last weekend too. Other ones have a hole in the left toe, so much for waterproof!!

Dr. Schols has come out with a really nice pair of golf shoes too, they have the gel cushion, can't go wrong there!! $50 at Wal-mart too.
    Callaway FT-5 10* (neutral)
    Callaway X-series frwy. 3 & 5
    Mizuno MP Fli-High 24*
    Mizuno MP60 (5-PW)
    Cleveland CG11 52, 56 & 60
    YES C-groove (natalie)

"Lefties Rule!!"

Quote Originally Posted by edl2757
    OK - who's wearing what and why ?? Good points?? bad ??
    Have always been a "DryJoy" guy, and I'm interested in what everyone else likes or dislikes AND WHY. (Ed)
    white adidas tour 360's
    because they feel great and look good too

GK
    Driver: Titleist D2 8.5 Aldila Vs Proto X Stiff

3 wood: Nike SQ, Aldila NV Stiff

Hybrid: Not In The Bag

Irons: Mizuno MP 67's S300

Wedges: Callaway X Tour Vintage 52*, 56*, Nike Forged 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Steel Rossie 35inch

Nike, Jordan, Adidas and so on....
    Don't post websites in your Sig.

Ping G10 Driver
    Ping G10 Fairway Wood

Taylormade CGB MAX Driver/ Fairway Wood / Irons

Callaway X-22 Driver

Quote Originally Posted by ebayoyogolf
    Nike, Jordan, Adidas and so on....

I must be out of the loop. I was not aware that there were Air Jordan golf shoes. I have a pair of brown and white FJ DJs, a pair of brown FJ ecomforts, and a pair of black Callaway CG comforts. I have had good service out of all three pairs of shoes.
    Hi Bore 9.5
    Callaway Steelhead III 3W
    MP-32 3-PW
    MP-R 52, 56, 60
    Never Compromise GM2 Exchange #4

Nike SP-8 and I love them. Great grip, extremely comfortable and stylish all in one shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsjunky2
    Nike SP-8 and I love them. Great grip, extremely comfortable and stylish all in one shoe.
    I'll second that...plus I've had mine for 2 seasons in Oregon and they're still as tight as a frogs rear. From a waterproof standpoint of course.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

My next pair will be the Callaways with the adjustable sole widths because of my wide ass feet. I have the Callaway Sport Saddle and they are extremely waterproof, plus i can walk in them like tennis shoes and not feel discomfort. Don't pay for functionality or performance, that's marketing BS. performance comes from the aftermarket spikes

ripit,

You are leaving yourself dangerously exposed to some serious flaming with your frank admissions to a preference for saddles, which have been outed as gay numerous times on various threads on GR.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information