|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Shaft Pureing?

Shaft Pureing?

I'm going to be getting some new clubs as soon as the Fall lineup's come out (price drops). I'm upgrading from my 845's which have served me well but have been worn out to a set of either Mizuno mp-32's or Titleist 690 cb's. I plan on getting them shafted with Flighted rifles either stiff or x-stiff (will be fit on launch monitor). The Smart-fit on Golfsmith has put me at an x-stiff flex on the flighted rifles, but I question whether my iron SS is high enough for that as I tend to swing easier on irons than I do driver.

My main question though is whether it would be worth it to have them "Pured" or "Spinned" as well? I understand the theory behind Pureing and it makes sense, but dont know how well the theory translates into performance. Has anyone had any experience with the PURE'd shafts and whether you can tell a marked difference in performance.

I'm a solid scratch handicapper who wants to get the maximum performance out of this set (I dont upgrade equipment often) to try and get my game to the next level (aspirations of Tour-calibur).

Any help would be appreciated, be it from fellow low handicappers or anyone knowledgeable in the area. If there is another shaft out there that I should be taking a look at as well, let me know as well. I'm still a little while off from purchasing, so just doing my homework and research at this point.

I had played a "pured" set of shafts for a very brief time, they were the wrong shaft for me and I hated them. I found the best shaft for me and they are not "pured". I'm not sure that I could or would have known the difference.

I think it makes sense. But when I consider that "Iron Byron" hits a golf ball in exactly the same sweet spot every time, and at exactly the same speed and this robots shot pattern is dispersed.... that's all I need to know. If I were on tour and it was free, then why not.
    Cheers,
    Jay

Yea I agree the tech. makes perfect sense, but I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra cost. If there is a performance increase then I think I'll prolly go that route, as these clubs will prolly be lasting me for a long while unless someone is paying for my next set.

Thread Information