|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question Glove help please.

Hello all.
    My dang Nike glove has a huge hole on the palm. It's exactly at the furthest point from my thumb and pinky finger (on the left hand). The thing lasted me about 3 months.

Searching around at Sports Authority and feeling all the gloves, they pretty much all feel the same. You know, that semi-fake leather thats really soft. They're all really thin too.

No brand stood out any better than the others. Any names you can drop on a good glove? Or is this a regular thing...spend 20$ on a glove every couple months.

Thanks again,

e

p.s. yes I did a search and somethings wrong with the search option.

have you tried not playing with a glove? i use footjoy dry ice gloves, i pick them up for 12 bucks each and they last awhile and feel good, but i dont use the glove often on the course.

When I started playing, gloves would only last me about 3-4 rounds in large part because I gripped the club to tightly. I just started using clearance gloves and would buy like 5-10 at a time. I've read that it is a good idea to rotate the glove if you play often, and it works well for me. They will last more rounds if you use them less frequently. I usually keep 3 in my bag at a time, and rotate them. After about 6 rounds (2 each), I will put 3 new ones in my bag. I play about 2-3 times a week and 10 gloves will last me about 2 years.

Like I said, I just buy cheap ones. The current ones I have are Maxfli A10's. They were $16 a piece when they still made the A-10 ball, you can now find them in Dicks for around $8 a piece. They work great for me.

If you get 3 months out of a glove you are getting off easy, or you don't play enough . A glove would probably last me 10 rounds, and maybe 5-6 days on the range (I use old ones on the range). Out of all the ones I've tried, I tend to believe Mizuno and Nike make the most heavy duty ones, but I would rather buy 2 cheap ones as opposed to 1 heavier one. I also prefer the feel of a thinner glove. I also do not use a glove when I chip and putt, and tend to believe they wear out faster by constantly taking them off and putting them back on.

I use the Footjoy ones, dont rip as much as nike's, muzinos feel really good to me. I like them really tight, so i dont feel the glove more then the club. But everyone is different.

Lightbulb sized right?

You may want to try a couple other sizes as well. I am between M and ML. If I wear the ML's, that little extra give turns into a lot more wear and tear. Also check your grip. Is it too tight? Are you too far up, causing the butt of the grip to rub your outer palm? How are the grips on your clubs? Standard rubber grips will wear out your gloves much faster than some soft Winn grips. Do you pull your glove off by the wrist or the fingers? pulling at the wrist will cause more stretching of the palm area.

Just planting the seed so you can grow your own solution.

Oh yeah, I wear Nike's.....cause they look cool and are about $10

Good Rounds

Having a glove last a few months is pretty darned good. If I'm playing a few times a week and practicing too then I don't expect more than a couple of weeks from a high end Footjoy leather glove. Can't stand the faux leather. Too slick for my sweaty hands.

I've been buying my gloves from Mastergrip.com for the last 15 years. They are buy one get one free and the Dynagrip (closest to Footjoy) run about $11.95 the last time I checked. So basically it is $11.95 for two gloves and they last as long, if not longer, than any other glove I have tried. They have a bunch of other style gloves (all weather, elite) but the dynagrip, to me, is the best.

Gloves don't last very long for me in the summer heat. The leather gets brittle from the sweat-wet/dry cycles. I'm lucky to get 10 rounds out of a glove in the middle of summer.
    I don't like the feel of any fake leather I've tried, but I'm open to suggestions.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I agree wit PA JAyhawk you should rotate them. I will buy2 or 3 either Nike or Footjoy when on sale and rotate them each round. Sometimes if I am real sweaty on hot days I'll rotate after 9 holes. I always use an old on at the range, let them dry out in your car when leaving the course, dont just stuff them in your bag!
    FEA

I am currently using a model of Nike that has a faux glove, but leather palms and index fingers. They run around $14, and I have played the same one now for about 6 rounds with little visible wear. I like the all-leather Hogans, but they are expensive.
    Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick!

I very rarely actually use a glove. I find I get more feel from not using one. However, if I'm playing a couple days in a row, I will play with a glove from the tee and the fairway, NEVER around the green. I go for the cheapest glove I can find that fits me nice, thats important too.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

I've had good longevity with Footjoy and Titleist gloves (same company = same thing?). The worst gloves in terms of wear were the synthetic leather ones. I had a fake leather Nike glove that developed holes and tears after a couple of range sessions and rounds. IMO, the synthetic leather gloves aren't very good and I only buy full leather gloves these days. If you look around, you can find real leather gloves for around $10 on sale.

I'm convinced the footjoy gloves are the best. I've used nike and they usually tear easily. I dunno wut the glove is called but it's mainly white with black and yellow accents. It's like 13 dollars but well worth the money IMO.

Thread Information