|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Finally did it!!!!

202 from the tips, 6iron..... kerplunk after a nice hop and gentle roll of about 10 yds.

I couldn't believe after 20 years at this game I finally Aced a hole. I figured it just wasn't meant to happen for me in this silly game. I've Eagled par 4's before from like 150 and out but only been within inches on a par 3 prior to today. Woohoo, it is a happy feeling! Luckily I got to share it with friends and I'm truthfully glad it wasn't some chessy 110yd hole (not that I've ever made one on those kinda holes either )..

Called everyone I know who would care afterward (golfers n' Mom) and figured it was worth mentioning here too
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

YAHOOOOO!!!! Congrats. The satisfaction will always be there. No one can take it away.

Congratulations! I've never done it, even from a "cheesy" par 3.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

great

thats awesome....I have been waiting about as long as you have for one. glad you were playing with friends. enjoy the moment...it was a long time coming.

great, its even better you took a 6i from 202 than a driver persay.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

Lucky

Just kidding, nice job. Shoot me if I ever drive a golf ball onto the green and into the hole. ;)

Well done. Perhaps a new username is in order.
    I keeps it real.

> 202 from the tips, 6 iron

Kudos and congratulations!

[And that's about 50 yards further than I can hit a 6 - I'm jealous]

Quote Originally Posted by neverman
    202 from the tips, 6iron..... kerplunk after a nice hop and gentle roll of about 10 yds.

I couldn't believe after 20 years at this game I finally Aced a hole. I figured it just wasn't meant to happen for me in this silly game. I've Eagled par 4's before from like 150 and out but only been within inches on a par 3 prior to today. Woohoo, it is a happy feeling! Luckily I got to share it with friends and I'm truthfully glad it wasn't some chessy 110yd hole (not that I've ever made one on those kinda holes either )..

Called everyone I know who would care afterward (golfers n' Mom) and figured it was worth mentioning here too
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the 'club'.

I live in Oregon and was playing a course that reminded me of Texas "hardpan". I subtracted a club due to my experience from the 1st 3 holes (I bounded into a water hazard over the green from 230 out on my second shot into a par 5). It would've normally been a 5iron for me. The pin was short of middle, trap on right of green (front 3rd), water long left. I wanted to "miss" short if anything as there was a nice gentle "entry" into the green. I always try to manage my game but it never works out that way hehe.

I was surprised how it effected my next swing... I pushed my drive on the next hole with a total carry of about 170 (short for me~), kinda a soft pop fly. Frustrating because my Drivers been on fire lately.

I think my clubs are talking to me!!!! This is like the 2nd round since I mentioned maybe going after new irons. How ironic, little bastards.

When are you going to get a hole in one? "neverman" Yeah maybe I need a new moniker

When are you going to do it again? Hehe, maybe I'll just keep the name but thanks for the suggestion!

Also, luck obviously plays more of a role than skill with hole in ones. It just has too! Sure the better you are the more close chances you'll get but I've been much more deadly with my irons in previous years than I am right now. I'm kinda just aiming at areas on the green instead of at the flags atm. I've been content to get lucky on a few putts a round for my birdies instead of trying for tap ins. My games just not there if you know what I mean.

Shot 38, 42 the 38 was with finishing bogey/double with an OB and the 42 was with one too many beers. =)
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff

202 6-iron??? Righto Tiger.

c'mon man... at least make it believable.

and who are you to say that? do you know him, have you played with him? You need to get out more and practice some more man, because you have some security issues. In the other thread you coudn't deal with the fact that some people could hit 9i 150 yards? Are you kidding me? Don't just log on here with a name like "garcia is god," and expect that everyone on this forums is going to be as horrible a golfer as your sorry a$$ is.
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

Wow... I thought it was pretty believable. My witnesses believed it at least.

I explained the normal yardage for me would've been a 5iron... it was drive and hard... If you have trouble believing a 5iron could go 200 or a smooth 6 under the right conditions, you sir, have issues.

That's a one club press.... gimme a break. Hardly a stretch of anyone's imagination.

To shed more light on MY shot that I've been waiting 20 years for.... Did I mention I was playing a "found" ball after losing one earlier in the day. It was a "glitter" encrusted Nike "OPOW" or Mojo if you turn it right side up~

I can't stand these balls, they're the grossest thing I have ever seen sold for this gentlemans game besides those ol' Ping split color balls. Now I'm faced with the dilemna of.... What do I do with this ball!!!!???? Do I place it upon my mantle as a souvenir? Or do I switch it out for a Titleist ProV (my normal ball unless playing something found) and hope no one knows the truth~

I guess I have to place the Nike up there! I really wish it were a Platinum but I've yet to find one damnit!

6iron from 200... go figure. I must be a pro~ Did I mention I felt "lucky"
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    and who are you to say that? do you know him, have you played with him? You need to get out more and practice some more man, because you have some security issues. In the other thread you coudn't deal with the fact that some people could hit 9i 150 yards? Are you kidding me? Don't just log on here with a name like "garcia is god," and expect that everyone on this forums is going to be as horrible a golfer as your sorry a$$ is.
    sorry buddy... if you don't believe that people massively exaggerate their games online, then you're deluded. I didn't actually have that much problem believing the 9-iron distance. I know some people who just try to murder their short-irons & are helped by the lack of sidespin. What I don't believe is the 5-6 iron distances being claimed.

I don't think I'm being insecure by telling the truth. It's the mid-handicappers claiming they hit it as far as the pros who have security issues.

The only reason I tend to believe these things is because, a large number of people (most) who post here play the game a lot, some 2+ rounds a week. Do you think that the average 100+ golfer who just plays on the weekend every other one is getting on here and posting about something they do so little? No, its the people that really love the game and practice a lot, that enjoy talking and discussing golf related things, like myself. Thats why I would hold the players on this forum to a higher standard than the average "weekend hacker."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"

Quote Originally Posted by garcia is god
    sorry buddy... if you don't believe that people massively exaggerate their games online, then you're deluded. I didn't actually have that much problem believing the 9-iron distance. I know some people who just try to murder their short-irons & are helped by the lack of sidespin. What I don't believe is the 5-6 iron distances being claimed.

I don't think I'm being insecure by telling the truth. It's the mid-handicappers claiming they hit it as far as the pros who have security issues.
    What annoys me far worse on the internet, than people who brag about the distance they can hit a club, and I do not feel this to be the case with the original poster, are idiots that make ignorant and condescending remarks after obviously giving no thought to what was said.

The Original Poster never even mentioned the layout of the hole and you automatically go off the deep end and start spouting ridicule. Hate to break it to you, but I have on occasions tee'd off with a 7 and 8 iron on a 200 yard holes. I flew the green with the 7 once. You obviously give no consideration to elevation and wind conditions before spewing your dreck, so you obviosly live a rather "flat" and "sheltered" life. Not sure of the conditions on the shot, but at least I thought about such things before criticizing without having the fact. Just fyi, before you start questioning me and my 20+ handicap, I normally hit my 8i about 140-145, or 150 of a tee for reasons I do not know. I hit my clubs as far as some pro's but try to keep that information of forums unless necessary, because I do not want to have to deal with idiots like you who think a 20+ handicap cannot hit a club far. You obviously fail to consider things like accuraccy when figuring handicaps. Plus the Original Poster is not a mid-handicapper, but you failed to do your research once again.

Wow, this is the nastiest, meanest, flammingest (sic), forum on the internet. A thread about a guy getting his first hole in one turns into a pissing match. Boy I love it here, nothing like a good fight to make your day. On the other forums they ban people and lock threads. The mods actually tell people to cool it. This is so much more fun and entertaining. Kinda like a train wreck.
    It's not the Arrow, It's the Indian

Nasty thread or not I'm still dancing in my mind. My freinds at work want drinks bought for them Nothing written so far has detracted from my shot at all, no worries friends.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff

Quote Originally Posted by Letitroll98
    Wow, this is the nastiest, meanest, flammingest (sic), forum on the internet. A thread about a guy getting his first hole in one turns into a pissing match. Boy I love it here, nothing like a good fight to make your day. On the other forums they ban people and lock threads. The mods actually tell people to cool it. This is so much more fun and entertaining. Kinda like a train wreck.
    Letitroll,
    I would fully agree, and would apoligize for dragging it out.
    Nasty thread or not I'm still dancing in my mind. My freinds at work want drinks bought for them Nothing written so far has detracted from my shot at all, no worries friends.
    And Neverman,
    I apologize for my part, Great Job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Jayhawk
    What annoys me far worse on the internet, than people who brag about the distance they can hit a club, and I do not feel this to be the case with the original poster, are idiots that make ignorant and condescending remarks after obviously giving no thought to what was said.

The Original Poster never even mentioned the layout of the hole and you automatically go off the deep end and start spouting ridicule. Hate to break it to you, but I have on occasions tee'd off with a 7 and 8 iron on a 200 yard holes. I flew the green with the 7 once. You obviously give no consideration to elevation and wind conditions before spewing your dreck, so you obviosly live a rather "flat" and "sheltered" life. Not sure of the conditions on the shot, but at least I thought about such things before criticizing without having the fact. Just fyi, before you start questioning me and my 20+ handicap, I normally hit my 8i about 140-145, or 150 of a tee for reasons I do not know. I hit my clubs as far as some pro's but try to keep that information of forums unless necessary, because I do not want to have to deal with idiots like you who think a 20+ handicap cannot hit a club far. You obviously fail to consider things like accuraccy when figuring handicaps. Plus the Original Poster is not a mid-handicapper, but you failed to do your research once again.
    Another well-reasoned post. Now you're talking golf my man.... this makes me happy!
    Last edited by garcia is god; 08-08-2005 at 10:15 PM.

Another well-reasoned post. Now you're talking golf my man.... this makes me happy!
    I can see you have obviously strayed away from the area that you would feel most comfortable, and where people will love and understand you for who you are. Here let me provide you directions so that you can be on your way to a land that will accept you for not acknowledging nor understanding when you have made an error of ways.
    http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?t=4229
    Again, Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Jayhawk
    I can see you have obviously strayed away from the area that you would feel most comfortable, and where people will love and understand you for who you are. Here let me provide you directions so that you can be on your way to a land that will accept you for not acknowledging nor understanding when you have made an error of ways.
    http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?t=4229
    Again, Good luck.
    Gee thanks.. you've told me twice! And I thought I had a bad memory.

Great shot, Neverman. The closest I've come was also with a 6 iron. 165 into the wind..dropped about a foot in front of the hole and hit the flag, rolling off a couple feet...my heart was in my throat the whole way.

Just for Garcia's info, I played the same course the next day without wind and flew a 7 iron about 15 yards past the green...musta ate my Wheeties that morning. Garcia, you not only lack knowledge and common sense, but also class...the most important ingredient in this sport. Neverman shared one of the most enjoyable experiences in this game for us average Joe's, and instead of congratulating him, you shat upon him...you, my friend, are petty, ignorant, and immature.
    Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick!

Note this is Old news....... read the date on the threads please before you reply and give me some freakish congrats I don't presently deserve.

I needed to look up the date on my "ace" because I went back to the course and noticed they had plaques up on the walls for holes-in-ones. Well of course I looked for my name. It was three years ago and looking back through the names I couldn't find mine. I had reported it to the Pro at the course so that when I registered my Ace I could get it recorded. Well my bag tag broke from golf digest and I want a new one

So the reason I'm posting now that I've found this is because.... after 3 years (OK, almost 3 years) I still carry that ugly "Nike Mojo" with glitter on it in my bag every single round in my jewelry lined upper pocket, you know the little ones for carrying valuables. Well it's time to do something with the ball as I'm either going to lose it or destroy it. You did read about me dumping my whole bag into the pond a few weeks ago right?

So... what, oh what should I do with the ball that is the only ball to ever reward me so handsomely? I'm not much of a keepsake kind of guy. No Cork collection, no scorecards, no resort golf balls etc. If I like a course I buy a shirt or hat and then wear the crap out of it until it's a rag.

Help me out here....thanks!

Yes, I know this post is old but I have no further aces to report. BTW, I now just as often pull out my hybrid on a hole this long as I would my 5iron/4iron. Don't hate!
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff

Note this is Old news....... read the date on the threads please before you reply and give me some freakish congrats I don't presently deserve.

I needed to look up the date on my "ace" because I went back to the course and noticed they had plaques up on the walls for holes-in-ones. Well of course I looked for my name. It was three years ago and looking back through the names I couldn't find mine. I had reported it to the Pro at the course so that when I registered my Ace I could get it recorded. Well my bag tag broke from golf digest and I want a new one

So the reason I'm posting now that I've found this is because.... after 3 years (OK, almost 3 years) I still carry that ugly "Nike Mojo" with glitter on it in my bag every single round in my jewelry lined upper pocket, you know the little ones for carrying valuables. Well it's time to do something with the ball as I'm either going to lose it or destroy it. You did read about me dumping my whole bag into the pond a few weeks ago right?

So... what, oh what should I do with the ball that is the only ball to ever reward me so handsomely? I'm not much of a keepsake kind of guy. No Cork collection, no scorecards, no resort golf balls etc. If I like a course I buy a shirt or hat and then wear the crap out of it until it's a rag.

Help me out here....thanks!

Yes, I know this post is old but I have no further aces to report. BTW, I now just as often pull out my hybrid on a hole this long as I would my 5iron/4iron. Don't hate!
    Man you gotta keep it! Over here the golf club will mount it on a little trophy stand with the hole and the date recorded for all time. If you don't want to do that at least keep it somewhere safe. Where do you keep your other valuables?

P.S. belated congratulations. I've never had one. I once put one in the hole off the tee after previously slicing one OB but that was a 3 not an ace. But that was 15 years ago. Closest I've come since was 8 inches from the hole just last week.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

daveperk Guest
    Tip o' the hat, Neverman! Now you'll have to change your nick to "At Least Once Man".

Seriously, my 6 is 175, and a little downwind or downhill or both and I can imagine hitting it on a 200 yarder, no problem. The longer club you're hitting, the longer the change you factor in for various conditions, because the launch angle and ball speed is different.

If you're lying, then you've bought drinks for a bunch of blind idiots! heh heh...

congrats. I'm at 35 years and counting, still waiting for my first. I've hit it in the cup with full wedge, seven iron, nine iron, but always from the fairway.

D'OH!

they make little ball racks that you can mount on your wall... you should consider one of them.

as far as hitting a 6 iron 200 yards.... what did you do choke down to the grip and hit a big high cut... i cant imagine hitting a 6i 200 yards unless i took a lot off of it....

I've seen several people hit their 6i 200 yards+.... even seen one guy hit it 220....as for me if i want it to go 200 i have to blade it perfectly....

none the less CONGRATS and get a ball plaque.

Omen
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Ball plaque's the way to go. If you go to Nike's site and register the ace from there, they may send you a plaque.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Belated congrates.

BTW - What course / hole did you ace?

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    Ball plaque's the way to go. If you go to Nike's site and register the ace from there, they may send you a plaque.
    I registered, not sure what they'll send besides the certificate. When I registered with golf digest/gentleman jack's I got a bag tag "acer's club" and a certificate. I can't find the certificate which is why I used this old post to find the date on my shot.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    BTW - What course / hole did you ace?
    Cross Creek (near Salem/Dallas) 4th hole. Their well system was on the fritz that year and they were severely under-watering, hence the almost hard-pan type conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    they make little ball racks that you can mount on your wall... you should consider one of them.

as far as hitting a 6 iron 200 yards.... what did you do choke down to the grip and hit a big high cut... i cant imagine hitting a 6i 200 yards unless i took a lot off of it....

I've seen several people hit their 6i 200 yards+.... even seen one guy hit it 220....as for me if i want it to go 200 i have to blade it perfectly....

none the less CONGRATS and get a ball plaque.

Omen
    I used to be pretty long, given 200 yds I would 9 times out of 10 grab a 5iron....mowadays? Not so much. I'd grab a 3/4iron or my Hybrid. I know you hate them (or at least ridicule them) but my Hybrid really checks up well on 200 plus yard shots.

Thanks all for the belated grats.
    Last edited by neverman; 06-28-2008 at 09:04 PM.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff

c'mon man... at least make it believable.
    The title to this post from this Sergo psychophant was "six iron form 202? Righto Tiger"

I wonder what Garcia is God is thinking this morning after hearing about a woman holing a six iron from 199?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Inconceivable?
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff

Why would you care to post about the subject if you don't believe the "mid-handicappers"? Go be miserable elsewhere.
    Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Aldila NV 65 S
    3-wood: TaylorMade r7
    Irons: Mizuno MX-23
    Wedges: Mizuno MP-R 52*, 56* & 60* True Temper S300
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

Thread Information