|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Your Opinion On Three Wood Replacement

I'm looking to replace my three wood as my buddy broke the shaft on my TM tour spoon and after i had the shaft replaced it has never been the same club....went from steel to graphite. I'm leaning to a Taylor Made V steel 3 wood graphite regular but i would like some imput from you guys on a great three wood for the price. Bang for the buck. Your opinions and imput would be appreciated. Thanks.

sorry - the most I have is an 18 degree CPR / 210-220 yds though...

I got a used v steel for 50 bucks. It works just fine for me. If I put a good swing on it, the ball goes a long way.

MF

Why not just reshaft the head back to steel?
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Why not just reshaft the head back to steel?
    Hey i would but the club is twenty years old and i thought it would be a good time to upgrade my three wood. The three and five wood are the oldest clubs in my bag by a long shot and for some reason i think i'm missing something by not upgrading.

TaylorMade V steel T/S is very forging, shouldn't cost more than $100; But I just sold one with purple ice shaft, because the Snake Eye Aermet outperforms V steel, costs only $15-$20 if you can find one.

Other composite heads like new launcher, Cobra SZ are quite playable, Ping G2 is good too. If you like to try some hybrids, there are tons of them flying high and soar thru the distance. For some reason, I hit some of these 17 even 18/19* hybrid just as far as regular 15* wood (200-220), the hybrids really having advantage off light rough

My all time favorite fairway woods were the Cleveland Launchers I had a few years ago. Awesome clubs. They are apparently still made and exactly the same...don't fix what ain't broke.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Try A Cobra SZ

I used to play a Taylor Made V-Steel 3-wood and went to a Cobra SZ this year....wow! This is a great fairway wood....out performs the V-Steel by a wide margin.

Quote Originally Posted by golfsalot27
    I'm looking to replace my three wood as my buddy broke the shaft on my TM tour spoon and after i had the shaft replaced it has never been the same club....went from steel to graphite. I'm leaning to a Taylor Made V steel 3 wood graphite regular but i would like some imput from you guys on a great three wood for the price. Bang for the buck. Your opinions and imput would be appreciated. Thanks.

You owe it to yourself to at least try a Corba SZ fairway wood. The ball absolutely explodes off the clubface they are easy to hit off the deck.

My advice would be to find a KZg Gemini 3-wood to demo. They're hard to find, but they're incredible.

I've used the Cobra SZ and would highly recommend it. It is easy to hit and pretty easy to get airborne which is always nice. Call me old school but my favorite fairway wood is my Adams Tight Lies. I can hit that thing far and straight and its extremely forgiving. Its also really cheap. I bought a friend one brand new off eBay for $30. The only downside in my opinion is that it is not the best looking club invented but I can live with that.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Keep them coming....I checked ebay on that kzg 3 woods only two listed and they seam to generate alot of interest. Bought the wife a cobra sz driver and 7 wood this year and she sure loves those clubs. I would try hers but she is a lefty, also i would have to wait about ten seconds for the head to come through after i swung the club.

I have the Adams Tight Lies 2 3 wood in 15* and it is an amazing wood for the price. It cost me 25 dollars a year ago and I hit it real well. If you are looking for a good wood for the price you should def check this out.

The Taylormade V-Steel IMHO is the best fairway metal out there, bar none. I just picked up a 15* V-Steel, which I will be putting a pink Aldila NV on.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

Quote Originally Posted by laxplyr25
    I have the Adams Tight Lies 2 3 wood in 15* and it is an amazing wood for the price. It cost me 25 dollars a year ago and I hit it real well. If you are looking for a good wood for the price you should def check this out.
    I have one of those, did like it, but wanted something easier to hit off the tee, so picked up an old warbird 3 wood. Seems to work well. I'd pass along the Adams for 20 plus shipping if anybody's interested. Also have the Adams Strong 7. Also 20, or 50 for both hahaha.

I love my new Hogan C455 3 wood. It came with the Aldila NV shaft which has become the best shaft I ever ever hit. I think all of the suggestions here are great but I've come to learn over the last year that its the shaft that makes all the difference. Good Luck.

980f

we have two Titleist 980F 3-wood "spoons"...
    mine: a 15* Strong stiff flex steel ($40+shipping) &
    wife's: a 15* regular flex graphite ($80+shipping).

they're good: we use these 3-woods as "driver" and FW wood
    golf's a relaxing betting game.

Quote Originally Posted by mpkelley20
    I love my new Hogan C455 3 wood. It came with the Aldila NV shaft which has become the best shaft I ever ever hit. I think all of the suggestions here are great but I've come to learn over the last year that its the shaft that makes all the difference. Good Luck.
    i have to agree with mpkelly...
    i reshafted my driver earlier this year with an Aldila NV 65 and love it. i recently bought a new Hogan C455 3 wood which aslo comes with the NV green shaft. the loud "ting" sound is definitely something i need to get used to, but i've gotten great distance and accuracy so far with it. it's only $179 at Golfsmith and other discount retailers, and even cheaper on eBay...

Anyone ever tried the Callawy Big Bertha 04'? Trying to decide to get the V-Steel or the Big Bertha. Any opinions? Thanks!

-Jared

Replacement for a three wood! A four wood so much easier to hit off the deck and its even more accurate than the three off the tee for those tight fairways.
    As for what model if your a high to mid handicapper a Cobra SZ is hard to beat for a lower handicapper the V steel offers better feel and sits squarer but doesnt launch as high or offer the same superb forgiveness on miss hits.

No contest.. go for Titleist 980F (not the strong one).

If you're looking for a great 3-wood. 3 words. Tour Edge Exotics.

Unless you don't like hitting your 3-wood farther than your driver.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

Thread Information