|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: New Putter

New Putter

I've recently been looking for a new putter to replace my White Steel #1. I just feel like I can't get the right speed. I wanted to know if any of you have tried the Taylormade Monza Corza and how it was. Any other requests would be greatly appreciated.

Not the full review your seeking but I've hit it on a large indoor green and I liked everything about it. It's a pretty sweet putter. I'm not going away from mine to own one however.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

Really? I've heard nothing but great things about the White Steel blade style putters? Are you sure its not your stroke?

Don't waste your money, just practice your putting!

But if you're hell bent on getting a new putter, I'd recommend the Never Comprimise Speed Control Putters (the red one), it's very easy to judge speed with. Give it a shot.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

BPC, the white steel is a great putter but I think that i'm better suited for a mallet.

I have a monza corza putter that is part of my putter rotation. I have two that I use regularly. I like the way the ball comes off the face of the monza. I have had trouble in the past with the ocassional putt jumping off the face (at least thats what it felt like). For me, that made distance control tough. I do not have that problem with monza corza.

There are two things that I do not particularly like the monza corza. For whatever reason, I have difficulty lining up putts with it. That may improve with more time but for now it is frustrating. This is especially prevalent with short putts. So, my lag putting is much better but my short putts are a bit worse. Someone suggested that I paint that steel bar which is used for alignment a more high contrast color and that may help. Is that legal?

The other thing I don't like is the grip. Its a Winn grip and I hate it. The grip always feel oily. As soon as the season is over, that grip is going to be replaced.

/j

Putting is extremely subjective, and what works for one person won't work for another, and vice versa. One of the best ways to try putters is to go to a large golf store that has a large putting area. I'm fortunate enough to have a Golfsmith nearby, so when I've looked in the past I could pick and choose among dozens of options. It's surprising sometimes what works and what doesn't. It doesn't necessarily correlate with price, either!
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

he has the 2 ball also ....... tom u always talk about how the White Steel is your favorite and that you dont want any other putter.....

Its all about your prefference. Do YOU like the Monza Corza?
    Last edited by Benguk; 09-05-2005 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benguk
    he has the 2 ball also ....... tom u always talk about how the White Steel is your favorite and that you dont want any other putter.....

Its all about your prefference. Do YOU like the Monza Corza?
    I sold the 2-ball a while ago and i've had so much trouble with the speed of my white steel.

And you shouldn't be talking because you've had like 3 putters this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Tommysels41
    I sold the 2-ball a while ago and i've had so much trouble with the speed of my white steel.

And you shouldn't be talking because you've had like 3 putters this summer

who did you sell it to

To one of my dads friends for like 100 bucks so I can get the Monza Corza. I cleaned it up so nicely and it looked new.

There are those that go through a zillion putters and those of us on the other side that never change. Since the pros also fall into both camps, niether can be considered absolutely right. BPC and I will tell you to "practice putting" or "adjust your stroke", this will never work for you. Buy the new Zingster Dynamite 240Z or whatever and then sell it on Ebay next month for another. You'll feel good and putt better. Why ask, just buy it, now.
    It's not the Arrow, It's the Indian

Quote Originally Posted by Letitroll98
    There are those that go through a zillion putters and those of us on the other side that never change. Since the pros also fall into both camps, niether can be considered absolutely right. BPC and I will tell you to "practice putting" or "adjust your stroke", this will never work for you. Buy the new Zingster Dynamite 240Z or whatever and then sell it on Ebay next month for another. You'll feel good and putt better. Why ask, just buy it, now.

you sound like me

Benguk, all of your 10 posts in the last 4 minutes have averaged four words per post. Put in some substance.

And letitroll is right, we have our oppinion, and you have yours. Except ours is free and yours costs hundreds of dollars.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    Benguk, all of your 10 posts in the last 4 minutes have averaged four words per post. Put in some substance.

And letitroll is right, we have our oppinion, and you have yours. Except ours is free and yours costs hundreds of dollars.

You suck at math. I was the one who saying not to change the putter. You don't know what you are talking about.

So, I tried the Corza yesterday and ended up buying it. I love that putter. Thanks for all the help

~Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tommysels41
    So, I tried the Corza yesterday and ended up buying it. I love that putter. Thanks for all the help

~Tom
    my post wasnt deleted after all

ill take that white steel putter off ur hands anyday

And I know a guy who will buy that Corza when it serves up rubbish.

J/K, but if it does I do indeed know someone~
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

I agree, the Corza is a fine putter. I put it in my bag on occasion and love the feel that I get. Gimmicky or not, the AGSI insert does exactly as advertised, gets the ball rolling with a forward spin.

Say what you will about Taylor Made and their gimmicks (AGSI, Weight technology, introducing new products every 6 months or so), the one thing you can't say as a negative about them is that they constantly push the other manufacturers to come up with equal or better products. Friendly competition is the only way to get better products out there in the marketplace. If not we'd all still be hitting steel shafted persimmon drivers.

Thread Information