|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question basic ways to fix a slice

I know this is a very common question but it is only my second year golfing and I am having a slicing problem, mainly on my drives. When this happens my face appears to be open, could somebody please list the main reasons for this happenening and how I can try to fix it? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Fixing A Slice

Well there are any number of reasons that people slice the ball, stance is too open, outside in swing, not turning the hands over, numerous items.

The one thing I've found is that a lot of people who start slicing, setup farther left to "offset" the slice and try to "get it in the fairway". Problem with this is you are only setting up for a bigger slice, or to "control" the slice.

To fix a slice, the big key is keeping in the swing. A setup that helps promote a draw can help. Another tip is to use some type of "swing trainer". Something that will help you get to impact in a proper position, and pull you through to the finish.

I like the PowerStik myself, but obviously do your research for which one works the best for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

They can do it!!!

You see, now that is a better way to advertise!! Not overbearing or annoying, bravo. And not nearly as transparent, although the logo may be a little over the top.....

Anyway, to fix a slice, go for a lesson. At least that's what I'm going to try! Good luck

Like that huh?

Well...I'm not trying to advertise as much as I believe. But in this case, it could work. Sorry about the logo, might create a smaller one for this site.

Regarding your comments, lessons are obviously the #1 way to get a professionals look at your swing, but not all of us have tons of money for lessons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Definition of a slice: Ball starts left then bends right in the air. There are a number of causes. Two most common are a) a weak grip (hands fitted too far to the left) and b) standing open at address i.e. shoulders hips and knees facing left of parallel which will cause an out to in swing.

Cure: By far the most reliable is to take a lesson from a good pro concentrating on the fundamentals of grip and stance. When you practice and play pay very particular attention to your grip and stance.

Two very useful reference works are Practical Golf by John Jacobs (if you can get it) and a video called John Jacobs Practical Golf - The full swing.

PS I am not John Jacobs writing under a nom de plume.

Lightbulb

I agree that you must concentrate on the proper fundamentals. If you don't have the basics down, then you can't have a good swing.

I would start with the grip. Try the Butch Harmon method to achieve the proper grip.

Sometimes, the simple things are the best solution.
    [B][COLOR=Blue][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1]http://grouchygolf.blogspot.com/ [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

Thread Information