|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Recommendations on a 3 wood?

I've read the reviews section but I don't put too much into it. The fact is, most people review their clubs too quickly just going on what they've experienced recently or at the shop just prior to purchasing. I wish there was a way to not review anything until you've had it in your bag and played it for at least 10 rounds. That way, you've hit it enough to provide objective honest information on the club you are reviewing.

Ok, off my soapbox.

Looking for an easier to hit Fairway wood, 3 wood to be exact. Money isn't really an object nor is the age of the club. You guys could recommend an Adams Tight Lies or PING Eye 2 and that is fine. Having the luxury of Ebay, us golfers can get our hands on virtually anything out there.

Suggestions? I prefer something with a shallow and larger face but am willing to try anything.

'Preesh!

Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackPingMan
    I've read the reviews section but I don't put too much into it. The fact is, most people review their clubs too quickly just going on what they've experienced recently or at the shop just prior to purchasing. I wish there was a way to not review anything until you've had it in your bag and played it for at least 10 rounds. That way, you've hit it enough to provide objective honest information on the club you are reviewing.

Ok, off my soapbox.

Looking for an easier to hit Fairway wood, 3 wood to be exact. Money isn't really an object nor is the age of the club. You guys could recommend an Adams Tight Lies or PING Eye 2 and that is fine. Having the luxury of Ebay, us golfers can get our hands on virtually anything out there.

Suggestions? I prefer something with a shallow and larger face but am willing to try anything.

'Preesh!
    I've found each of the following to be very, very good:

Callaway Big Bertha 2004
    Titleist 980F
    Sonartec MD (not really a "fariway wood", but magic off the tee OR deck with an Aldila NVS installed)
    Tour Edge Exotics
    Cleveland Lanucher Ti
    Cobra SZ

Of course that's just my experience - your results may vary...
    Good luck with it.

Try the Mizunos

I've just got a Mizuno MP 3 wood and 7 wood and they are extremely nice clubs. I have always struggled with fairway woods but these are fabulous to hit. Easier off the fairway than a tee. They need a little bit of grass and are great out of the rough. I'm an 18 handicap and I hit the 3 about 230 off the tee and the 7 about twenty less. Stroking the 7 gently off the tee gives me about 180 very straight so it's fab for lengthy par 3's.

The club is now just going out in favour of the new F 50's so in the UK they can be picked up for about half their original price which was about £170 sterling.

I would recommend the Cobra SS or SZ. I have both and I love 'em. They seem to be much easier to hit than almost anything I have tried and can be found on Ebay for a pretty good price.

I'm a huge KZG Gemini fan. I've had a driver for a year and a half, and have had the fairway woods since the spring. The dual face is amazingly forgiving, more than anything else I've tried. It's a mid-size head, and I just went with a steel shaft, but it's an easy 255 off the deck for me. Couldn't be happier.

TheRod
    "Fairways and greens, and don't forget to wave."

I have the KZG Gemini 3- and 5-woods, and they are the best I've had or hit. The dual face is amazingly forgiving. It's a midsize head, and I just have a steel shaft in it, but it's an easy 255 off the deck when I pull the trigger. I still think KZG is an under-rated company, they make great equipment.

Sorry for the dual post, the ISP booted me and didn't think the first post was there.

What about the Tour Edge.....

I found these at the local GUSA yesterday. The price kinda scares me, but they do come with a lifetime warranty and some come with Fujikura shafts.

The JMAX was only $50

This one's more of a hybrid, but they do have one in a 16* loft

I noticed someone above mentioned the Exotics line by TE. Anyone have any experience with any of these two mentioned above?

I guess if I don't like them, I can always put them on the Bay.

I have the TM R5 3 wood. Its titanium, has a pretty big head, and is very very forgiving. I'd demo one of these if you are going to try a bunch.

Thread Information