|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Post Mizuno MX-23 or Taylor Made RAC OS 2?

Hi Guys! Can anyone give their opinion and comparison on this two clubs. I have been playing for two years and playing in 90's. Planning to change from my Maxfli Revolution(which I got it for free) to either MX 23 or RAC OS2. Notice there is alot of review claiming this two are forgiving. Which is better?

They are both fine golf clubs. I would lean towards the MX-23's on account of feel and less offset. The Taylor Made model that is more similar to the MX-23's are the RAC LT's and LT II's...similarly, a fine golf club.
    Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick!

I Would Recommend....

the TM OS2 if you're wanting a more forgiving club. If, as the previous poster says, the MX 23s are more like the TM LTs then the OS2s are the more forgiving club. It all depends on how forgiving you want your clubs to be. If you shoot in the 90s, are taking lessons, are dilligent about practicing, etc. then the MX 23s should work...not right away, but you'll grow into them. If you aren't that interested in improving your game with instruction and practice I would go with the OS2s.

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie
    the TM OS2 if you're wanting a more forgiving club. If, as the previous poster says, the MX 23s are more like the TM LTs then the OS2s are the more forgiving club. It all depends on how forgiving you want your clubs to be. If you shoot in the 90s, are taking lessons, are dilligent about practicing, etc. then the MX 23s should work...not right away, but you'll grow into them. If you aren't that interested in improving your game with instruction and practice I would go with the OS2s.
    Thanks guys for your opinion..look like l will go for the MX 23.

good choice...I play the 23's and I love the way they feel.

Quote Originally Posted by straight shooter
    good choice...I play the 23's and I love the way they feel.
    I think it's a good choice for you or I, straight shooter, but I think golfdaly needs to go hit them on a range to really get a sense which club HE wants. The two clubs mentioned feel very different and obviously set-up very different due to offset and heavy or thin topline.

Go hit em, hell hit a few others and see if those are right for you. Smell em too... if you can't bring a club to your nose and love it, it's the wrong club
    Last edited by neverman; 09-30-2005 at 04:26 PM.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by neverman
    I think it's a good choice for you or I, straight shooter, but I think golfdaly needs to go hit them on a range to really get a sense which club HE wants. The two clubs mentioned feel very different and obviously set-up very different due to offset and heavy or thin topline.

Go hit em, hell hit a few others and see if those are right for you. Smell em too... if you can't bring a club to your nose and love it, it's the wrong club
    Neverman/S.Shooter, I went to the proshop and hit around 50 balls using both clubs and yes, both are forgiving and really give me the "feel". Discuss with the pro and he give me same opinion as Gussie did. As for the "smell"...well I may have to buy both! Thanks guys!
    By the way, I am locateted in Penang, Malaysia.

[QUOTE= By the way, I am locateted in Penang, Malaysia. [/QUOTE]

How's Penang these days? I used to frequent Penang to visit a contract manufacturer there. I always stayed at the Equitorial Hotel and on weekends played at the Bukit Jambul Country Club. Fun but a bit too hot at times.

Picked up a set of MX-23's for a great deal, <$300usd. I figured it be a nice set for when visitors stay over and want to play golf. The MX-23s are amazingly good. I was able to shape shots and they felt crisp. I almost put them into the bag. Though I've never hit the OS2s, I've been told by a club member that it's the best set he's owned. To me, they both seem to be quite forgiving. It may just come down to which one looks best to you at address that gives you the most confidence to hit your shot.
    All comments and suggestions, including mine, are like the caution on your side view mirror . . .[B]"objects are closer than they appear"[/B]. Nothing beats looking back for yourself to really know what's there.

[QUOTE=Pocket_Aces]
    Quote Originally Posted by By the way, I am locateted in Penang, Malaysia. :)[/QUOTE

How's Penang these days? I used to frequent Penang to visit a contract manufacturer there. I always stayed at the Equitorial Hotel and on weekends played at the Bukit Jambul Country Club. Fun but a bit too hot at times.

Picked up a set of MX-23's for a great deal, <$300usd. I figured it be a nice set for when visitors stay over and want to play golf. The MX-23s are amazingly good. I was able to shape shots and they felt crisp. I almost put them into the bag. Though I've never hit the OS2s, I've been told by a club member that it's the best set he's owned. To me, they both seem to be quite forgiving. It may just come down to which one looks best to you at address that gives you the most confidence to hit your shot.
    It has been raining this few days in Penang. I seldom play at Bukit Jambul; nice and challenging course. My home course is in mainland, Cinta Sayang. have decided to go for the OS2 due to the fact that it give me more feel compare to MX23. Both are forgiving and I guess the Sales Lady help me to create more feel with the OS2. The package for the OS2 is also very good. Have not received the sets yet and will be avalaible on Saturday.
    I beleive you in the Manufacturing. I am with US base Logistics company. Thanks for all the info sharing. I will give my personnal reveiew on this OS2 once I got the change to test it at the course.

I'm sure you will like them. Even though I'm buying another set (after my last set was stolen), I agree that the one thing I didn't care for with the MX-23's was lack of feel. I hit great shots with them, or good shots, but I seldom if ever got that "Wow, I know I have hit a great shot" feeling. On the other hand, the ball always seemed to be closer to the hole than I was expecting. Even though my MacGregor 1025C's have a lot more feel, the MX-23's may find their way back to the bag, especially this winter when I have less time to practice and play.

I too just bought a set of OS's today and love em. They are very forgiving and have a nice look to them. They smell good too...... I went to my local course and hit them soo well. Got an extra 5-10 yards on each club and hit most of them dead straight. And for the first time , I've been able to hit a 3-Iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommysels41
    They smell good too......
    LOL~ Too funny
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

I'll have to see what the 23s smell like when I get them. I wonder if the graphite shafts will change the odor.

One of our local PGA shop pros uses MX-23s with the Exsar graphite shafts and loves them. I got the MX-23s with Nippon NS950 shafts (97grams). They are sweet.

I'm curious, is the launch or ball flight higher with the TM RAC OSs?

When I tried out the Rac OS, I found the club head exceptionally heavy. It was easy to draw my shots, but the fade was really hard with that much offset.

Thread Information