|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Golf Routine?

Golf Routine?

When you guys play golf in the morning, do you have a routine?

I'll get everything ready the night before, but the next morning is pretty unorganized, just jump in the car and go... wondering if you stretch at home before heading out, what's a good breakfast food (fast, easy, and good fuel/energy)...

Tips/ideas appreciated.

Before an early round, I usually have the usual breakfast, a coffee and a cigarette.

I'm good to go.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    Before an early round, I usually have the usual breakfast, a coffee and a cigarette.

I'm good to go.
    Breakfast of Champions........da hell with the wheaties

I'm good to go.
    That's the John Daly breakfast....anyway I don't do anything different really. I get all my crap together the night before so i dont forget anything. Get up the next morning to catch sportscenter and then head out...coffee mug in hand. If you tend to yip your putts though I've heard its a good idea to lay off the coffee and smokes....never tried it though... I really like coffee.

I'm good to go.

Okay, this was the post of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by wei_c25

I'll get everything ready the night before, but the next morning is pretty unorganized, just jump in the car and go... wondering if you stretch at home before heading out, what's a good breakfast food (fast, easy, and good fuel/energy)...

Tips/ideas appreciated.
    I basically pack my golf bag with a couple of energy bars, some frozen water ( I walk the course. ) and I usually stop somewhere for some breakfast tacos and I'm on the way.

Roll out of bed, brush the teeth, smooch the wife, hit the road, stop for coffee, complain about my hangover, 3 practice swings, smack the first shot OB.

The one thing I never do before an early round is shower. I wear my bed-head like a badge of honor, even at the most upscale courses.

Quote Originally Posted by wei_c25

Tips/ideas appreciated.
    Load up on some carbs and lean meat, and drink plenty of water. Or if you want to be on the go, pack up some protein bars or fresh fruit and bottled water. Avoid candy bars such as Snickers, etc.

I'd do about 5 minutes cardio to warm up, depending on the weather. But stretching to loosen up your body muscles is definitely a must to avoid injury.

I usually wake up, watch sportscenter, have a grilled cheese, putt for about an hour then g and play. I usually swing my momentus though before I play and it helps me loosen out.

Hmm, you just made me realize Ive never golfed in the morning. I work early during the week and sleep in on the weekends. I should try it someday though.
    Titleist 704, DG S300
    Titleist 904T 10.5
    Callaway 52d wedge
    Titleist Vokey Oil Can 60d wedge
    Adams redline 5 wood stiff flex steel
    4 Ball putter

I only play in the mornings. I normally pack up my bag the night before. Wake up at 6:00, head out at 6:30 for my tee time at 7:00.

Night before-Usually clean up the clubs. Select either my stand bag (if I am going to hoof it) or my cart bag (if I am going to drink BEvERages). Check the ball and tee situation. Pack a couple of CLIF bars, Immodium AD (for those errant tee shots and shanks that do damage), and BC headache powers.

Morning - Take care of the morning ritual. Get to the club about an hour before everyone else in my group. Hit two bags of balls on the practice tee. Head up about 15 minutes before everyone else gets there and putt. Say a quick prayer that I don't wake anyone up with an errant tee shot (my course is tight with houses on both sides of the fairway on 75% of the holes).

On the tee - Slip my G2 out of my Arkansas Razorback headcover, take a couple of practice swings and golf my ass off.

Two different routines.

1. Drink as large a cup of coffee as I can find while eating a Take-5 candy bar (has to be take 5, best candy bar I have ever had.)

2. (The summer job because I am in college working a graveyard shift routine) Drink a large coffee and pack a sugar free red bull in my bag incase i start to lose focus because I have been up all night.

I was just playing around in my first post

My usual breakfast for golfing success would be a bowl of oatmeal, a banana, and a glass of milk.

Works everytime.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

Thread Information