|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Cleveland Launcher 460 - WOW!

I have been using the FT-3 9 degree neutral now for about a month and am so-so happy....i borrowed a guys club today in a tournament and drove a green twice from 297 and 304 respectively. He had the 9.5 degree Cleveland Launcher 460 (not comp) with stiff Aldila NV shaft....If i liked that club would i like the ti460 even more and should i keep the Adila shaft in it?

not to put a damper on your enthusiasm i'd say the only way to find out is to go demo the club....and keep you options open and try different shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by straight shooter
    not to put a damper on your enthusiasm i'd say the only way to find out is to go demo the club....and keep you options open and try different shafts.
    I will sell you my Launcher 460 10.5 with the Aldila NV green stiff shaft in it for 150 plus shipping... I am just not liking it personally.
    Let me know.

All I can say is demo, demo and demo until you find the right combination. Listing to reviews on this board is a good STARTING point but ultimately you want the club in your hands to see if it works for you. I reshafted my 580xd w/ the Aldila NV shaft and it did help on lowering my trajectory but accuracy did not improve. I borrowed a friend’s driver which was a R7 w/ the Speeder 757 stiff shaft and I fell in love with it. My swing speed is in the 95mph range which most people will say is to slow for the Speeder 757 stiff, but it works wonderfully with my tempo/swing. Again, I would have never tried this club/shaft combo based on the feedback from this board due to my slower swing speed but I am grateful I tried it and found the winning combo for me! Again, don't rule anything out!!

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Got to say I agree with Flyfish-mt. Hit lots of balls with Demo clubs before making your choice. I bought a Hogan CS3 with an NV stiff green shaft after reading the reviews on this site and on the observation of a friend who owned one. Love the head, shaft too stiff. Its now in the shop having a new shaft put in. Another way to go about things is to go to a club fitter and have your swing analysed and get a shaft recommendation. Then you can buy any version you like and have it re-shafted. A bit more expensive but you get whats right for you. I did this with my irons. I wanted a set of Hogan FTXs but knew that the standard shafts (I my case Hogan Apex no 4) would not be right. I bougth the set and am in the process of having the right shaft for me installed.

I liked the TI460 (9.5 w/aldila stiff) enough to buy it. It was a toss-up between this and the comp. I liked the sound and price of the Ti better.

Pulled the stock Fuji (stiff) and reshafted my 460 Launcher (1st generation) with UST Proforce V2 65 (regular). This driver head created higher ball backspins, I need a lower torque shaft to counter it, Proforce V2 65 shaft has low torque and better launch angle to fit my swing. Love the new combo.

The Launcher 460 with Aldila shaft wasn't my cup of tea either. I traded it out for the TM r7 quad with Aldila NV-S. Much better results.
    I keeps it real.

Thread Information