|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question Best price on Callaway Irons?

Online or in store. Location: Near San Francisco, CA

Thanks!

Online always.

During the summer I got a set of Callaway 2002 Big Bertha Irons 4-PW with graphite shafts for $400. Pretty sweet as a new set of Big Bertha's 2004 with graphite is about $800 bucks. I hit both 2002s and 2004s at a store and the difference was negligible. Oh yeah, I almost forgot they were brand NEW in the box, never used - still in the Callaway bags.

One thing is for sure, these things despite their funky appearance have a HUGE sweetspot. Its unbelievable.

I am now a Callaway fan.
    Last edited by tincanman99; 11-02-2005 at 07:18 PM.

I'd say online is generally cheaper...

Sites like tgw.com or golfdiscount.com are reliable, and if you can afford to wait for a sale they have some pretty decent ones from time to time. Check out Callawaygolfpreowned.com as well -- certified clubs direct from the source if you're in the market for Cally sticks.

Last but not least there's eBay... there are some very reliable sellers there too -- tin cup auctions, 3balls, etc.

Where can i find a place that'll let me buy standard clubs but not in a whole set. I don't really need a whole set.

Talking

Home Depot has some awesome deals on shovels now that the yard-work/ home improvement season is coming to a close.

Life wouldn't be any fun if I couldn't make fun...

If you go to a place like Golfsmith they can fit you and order the clubs as you want. 3-PW, 4-PW, 4-SW, 5-PW, 5-SW, etc. Benefit to this is you can get your flex measured, lie angle measured, grip size, etc.

And on TGW.com you can order the clubs in your specs and pick the number of clubs you want. I know a friend of mine ordered a set of Nike Pro Combos and only ordered the 5-PW. Each manufacturer will charge a different amount per club, I think Taylor Made charges you something like $69 for each OS2 club, $79 for each LT2 club, and probably $99 for each TP club. Benefit to this is if you know your specs you don't have to go into a retail location and deal with salesman who try and sell you some miracle shoe cleaner.

I live in San Francisco. Go to GolfMart (any of them) and ask them to price match any online or retail store. They will. Also, Golfsmith occasionally distributes 15% off entire set coupons by email (so get on their mailing list from their website). GolfMart will match that. They are reasonable. Moreover, they are better than most stores because of their 90-day exchange policy. Golfsmith will only give you 90% of the total price back; GolfMart gives you all of it in the form of a credit. This is important because most clubfitters at most of these large retail outlest suck and often give you bad advice that you don't discover until you take your new set to the driving range.

Thread Information