|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Shaft PUREing?

Shaft PUREing?

Last night I saw a program dealing with Golfsmith's process of shafting PUREing. It's basically where the ideal shaft position in the clubhead is determined through some complex computer imaging software. It's $45 plus shipping and handling through Golfsmith.
    Anyone done this? Is it worth it?
    Apparently the pros are doing it...

My 3 through pw and all my woods have pured shafts in them. I myself can't honestly tell you that I see a difference in my shot pattern etc. But I know they are as good as they can be; a mental thing.

My dad has this thought on the subject:
    If Iron Baron can hit a club with the same type golf ball in exactly the same spot on the club face at exactly the same speed and the golf balls do not land on top of each other but disperse in a fairly large pattern, then why would we think that any equipment would make us hit it with pinpoint accuracy.

I have to agree...
    Cheers,
    Jay

Actually that's kind of weird. I don't expect them to land on top of each other or anything, but the pattern isn't a close one? I can't imagine the ball fading or drawing unless wind aided, so what else would cause the pattern to be so large?

I don't know about shaft puring. Sounds kinda like the brush-tee hype a couple years ago. Did anyone really notice a difference? I didn't.

And about the dispersal of balls, that's a good question. Maybe each ball is built slightly different and would spin a little differently thus resulting in a wider array of balls scattered about. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by College Golf
    My 3 through pw and all my woods have pured shafts in them. I myself can't honestly tell you that I see a difference in my shot pattern etc. But I know they are as good as they can be; a mental thing.

My dad has this thought on the subject:
    If Iron Baron can hit a club with the same type golf ball in exactly the same spot on the club face at exactly the same speed and the golf balls do not land on top of each other but disperse in a fairly large pattern, then why would we think that any equipment would make us hit it with pinpoint accuracy.

I have to agree...
    True. The reason I'd even consider it would be for peace of mind. SST is claiming some serious benefits though. I'm reshafting my 3 wood over the winter and I might as well try out whole PURE thing.

I'm not a physics guru but I think the pattern of say a 7 iron could be as much as 15ft to either side of the target. That means a 30 foot diameter circle... now maybe only a couple balls out of 50 are near the perimeter but how good is that with the strike being perfect every time?

I'm going to see if I can find anything in print on the testing. The manufactures may not want the buying public knowing this information.

Mward2002,
    I don't know exactly how large this circle is and a large pattern would be very individual. I think a 10 foot circle (5' diameter) is a lot when everything in the strike is perfect and repeatable.
    Cheers,
    Jay

Thread Information