|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Ping Hoofer Stand Bag Question

My brother came over with a Pig Hoofer stand bag. He got it for nothing, said his neighbor was throwing it out. Gave it to me and its in pretty good shape.

Question though, when the bag is just standing there without the legs being extended it falls over on itself. Its like the bottom of the bag has no structure.

Is this normal for a Ping Hoofer or is it busted and I should dump it. I have a brand new Titleist that I got at the end of the season for a really good price so I am not wanting.

Anyone care to come on this?

Quote Originally Posted by tincanman99
    My brother came over with a Pig Hoofer stand bag. He got it for nothing, said his neighbor was throwing it out. Gave it to me and its in pretty good shape.

Question though, when the bag is just standing there without the legs being extended it falls over on itself. Its like the bottom of the bag has no structure.

Is this normal for a Ping Hoofer or is it busted and I should dump it. I have a brand new Titleist that I got at the end of the season for a really good price so I am not wanting.

Anyone care to come on this?
    Many stand bags dont actually stand by themselves, thats why they have legs. Most bags I have seen are the same way, all pings too. Its normal, keep it and forget the Titleist, you saved yourself some money, good job, be proud.

Hoofer bags will not stand up without the legs extended. The mechanism that extends the legs works from the bottom of the bag (or the hoof). This type of design keeps the push rods inside the bag, where most stand bags have a flap at the bottom that is activate by tilting the bag against the flap. The name Hoofer comes from the look of the bottom of the bag which looks like a hoof.

That's my two cents worth.

you must have clubs in the bag for the stand to work....

also, if your bag will not extend like you want it to....try adjusting the strap that runs across the bottom part of the bag...

this strap should go over both small, thin black bars and it should be fairly tight....

you can order replacement parts from ping if it is actually messed up....they are very good with customer service...

And quite contrary to the other posts there should be a long piece inside the bag that will allow it to stand without clubs and with the legs extended. If it won't then that piece is missing and you can get one from your pro.

Thread Information