|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Arrow Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue or Aldila Shafts??

Which shafts do you prefer? Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue or Aldila Shafts?? Is there a big difference?
    My Bag:
    Driver : Cobra 460 SZ
    5 Wood : Nike Ignite
    Irons: Forged Pro Combo
    Putter: Nike Blue Chip

Quote Originally Posted by Transam4ws6
    Which shafts do you prefer? Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue or Aldila Shafts?? Is there a big difference?
    I have the Prolaunch Blue 65x in my 983K 9.5 and I like it a lot. Much less dispersion and higher launch than the stock Fujikura shaft that came with the club. I just picked up a Cleveland Launcher 460 10.5 with the stock shaft in x-flex and I ordered another Prolaunch 65x to put in it. I haven't hit the aldila shafts, but the NV-S series seems to be the "prolaunch" version for aldila. The specs for the NV-S shafts look to be slightly higher torque than the comparable Prolaunch shafts. You should try them both out.

Aldila NV 65

Quote Originally Posted by Transam4ws6
    I currently use the Aldila NV 65 shaft in my Taylor Made R5. I really like it alot and it has helped with both accuracy and distance. You need to try both shafts and compare them on the same driver for a good read.

I have a Prolaunch blue s in a driver and have used an Aldilla Hv in another. I preferred the Prolaunch and when you consider how overpriced the Aldillas are , its a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by enduro
    I have a Prolaunch blue s in a driver and have used an Aldilla Hv in another. I preferred the Prolaunch and when you consider how overpriced the Aldillas are , its a no brainer.
    the price difference is really neglible after a few rounds.

i prefer the Aldila which gives me a lower (and longer) trajectory.

the graffolloy blue seems to balloon for me...

The Grafalloy is a higher-launch shaft (compared to the Aldila), and also plays a bit stiffer. I prefer the Aldila to the Grafalloy b/c I hit the Grafalloy too high (though to be honest I don't really like either one all that much).

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_christmas2
    The Grafalloy is a higher-launch shaft (compared to the Aldila), and also plays a bit stiffer. I prefer the Aldila to the Grafalloy b/c I hit the Grafalloy too high (though to be honest I don't really like either one all that much).
    I must have been seriously misinformed because I was under the impression that the Graffaloy Blue had a mid kick-point, whereas the Aldila had the low kick. I had an Aldila NV stiff in my G2 and didn't like it much, but it was also cut short, which didn't help. I was leaning towards having a Graf Blue installed in it over the off-season...I want a mid kick because I hit a high ball, and my driver has 10* of loft...maybe I'll try to get my hands on a good priced Speeder.
    Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Nadeau
    I must have been seriously misinformed because I was under the impression that the Graffaloy Blue had a mid kick-point, whereas the Aldila had the low kick. I had an Aldila NV stiff in my G2 and didn't like it much, but it was also cut short, which didn't help. I was leaning towards having a Graf Blue installed in it over the off-season...I want a mid kick because I hit a high ball, and my driver has 10* of loft...maybe I'll try to get my hands on a good priced Speeder.
    The 757 is a great shaft if you hit the ball high. Like you, I hit it really high, and have found that the 757 works best for me - Aldila was too flexible and Grafalloy hit it too high. The 757 is straighter and longer than those other two, at least for me.

You're probably confusing the Graf Blue with the Prolauch Blue. The blue is indeed a mid kick shaft whereas the Prolaunch Blue is a low kick - hi launch shaft. I like the Blue a lot but it does play stiffer at the same rated flex than a lot of competitors shafts. If you get a Blue shaft go one flex softer than normal especially in a blind bore head such as a G2. I still think the UST proforce 60 shaft is an excellent shaft too , although it certainly doesnt have the bling factor of shafts like the NV.

IMHO shafts both the NV shafts and most Fujikura shafts are just overpriced hype.. But shafts are a subjective thing and if you think they work better , they probably will.

I want a mid kick because I hit a high ball, and my driver has 10* of loft...maybe I'll try to get my hands on a good priced Speeder.
    I also hit rainmakers, and put a UST V2 into my 9.5* Hogan. It kicks ass. Enough height to get it going, but low flying airplanes are no longer in danger. At $65, lets call this shaft a poor man's speeder.
    Hold my Beer. I'm going to hit a high fade over that tree....

you can go to www.golfworks.com, and compare the specs of the shafts in question...

low kickpoint = high launch
    high kickpoint = low launch

Thanks...checking it out now.

I have a mizuno Mp-001 400cc with a graf blue S flex in it. I must be honest, it feels like i am swinging a 2x4. I thought it may be that my swing speed couldnt handle it, but i was getting great distance, it just felt like a board to me. I couldn't agree more about UST shafts, i have a 3w with a UST gold 75 shaft that is just awesome. Its a high kick low launch shaft and i love the feel. I may check out the new V2 shaft, but the golds are going for around $35, can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wirehair
    I also hit rainmakers, and put a UST V2 into my 9.5* Hogan. It kicks ass. Enough height to get it going, but low flying airplanes are no longer in danger. At $65, lets call this shaft a poor man's speeder.
    Which one did you go with...I found a UST Proforce 75 V2 online for a pretty decent price. It is a stiff flex with a mid kick...looks pretty interesting (my swing has a fairly smoothe tempo at 110 to 115 mph). By what I've read it matches pretty well.

you guys are shaft ho's.
    Titleist 704, DG S300
    Titleist 904T 10.5
    Callaway 52d wedge
    Titleist Vokey Oil Can 60d wedge
    Adams redline 5 wood stiff flex steel
    4 Ball putter

Adila NV, lower launch and with more spring. The Pro Launch felt like a 2x4 to me. Your milage may vary.

I like the Grafalloy pro launch blue

able to get more height, better launch angle.

I have a Prolaunch on my Titleist, and an Aldila on my Ping, and I can say I prefer the Aldia. The Graffoloy just simply goes too high. However, it is useful when I have to make a lot of carries (The black course)... I switch them, but majority of the time I'm carrying my Ping.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

Ust V2

Quote Originally Posted by wirehair
    You love the V2, huh? I'm thinking about putting into my TM 580. Which flex do you have?

Hold it!

You guys are talking about many different shafts.........

The answer isn't that easy. Each shaft (prolaunch, blue, nv, etc.) all have different weights, torques, etc. within the same brand name.

Example:
    The NV 65 is 3.5 in tip torque (which can make it feel softer and react different)
    The NV 75 is 2.8 (heavier and more tip stiff)
    The NV 85 is 2.6 " " " " "
    The NV 95 is 2.3 " " " " "
    Then you have the newer NV HL which is another higher launch shaft to compete with the Prolaunch.....

You can clearly see the shaft is heavier and the tip is stiffer, but all of the first four are green NV shafts.

Narrow the shaft selection to better compare the dynamics, but nothing works better than hitting with each shaft if you can.
    Cheers,
    Jay

I recently just went to a golf shop to get my swing specs checked out for my Driver which is a TM R580 XD with the OEM shaft.

That shaft always felt to soft to me. I had the stiffness checked and it registered 253cpm. At this frequency that just nearly qualifies as a stiff to some manufacturer's but regular to some others.

I opted for an Accuflex VS 339 in X stiff which is rated for 101 - 120 swing speed.

The other shaft I wanted, the Evolution, doesn't have the right tip size for my driver. Now I also hit Aldila's and Graffaloy, what is all comes down to is kick-point, stiffness, torque, and mass of the shafts. Basically if to shafts with identical stats should in theory produce the same results. I like heavier shafts cause 65g feels like a wiffle ball bat. A heavier shaft is a little more stable and you will have more control over the club. But don't go to like 90g.
    Driver:R580XD 9.5deg with Accuflex VS 339 x stiff
    Woods:15deg Vsteel, 4H Heavenwood
    Irons:TM LT2 T-step 110 Stiff shafts
    Wedge:56* TM Rac Black
    Putter: TM Daytona 1 CGB w/Agsi

I 've played with both Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue and Aldila NV , 65-g Rflex... Not sure why , but I get lower launch with the Prolaunch Blue which gives me more roll and hence distance. I like both shafts

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    I 've played with both Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue and Aldila NV , 65-g Rflex... Not sure why , but I get lower launch with the Prolaunch Blue which gives me more roll and hence distance. I like both shafts
    Smartest knife in the box, eh? The thread's few years of age.

By the way, Aldila RIP 80X's fantastic, lower and better.

Pky is a brilliant scientist. All that studying and time in the lab came at a cost.
    GR lives...

Alright! Finally a brilliant thread we can sink our teeth into and talk some serious golf tech!

Oh, it was posted in 2005 . . . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Alright! Finally a brilliant thread we can sink our teeth into and talk some serious golf tech!

Oh, it was posted in 2005 . . . . . . .
    Yep, but we could rekindle it.
    Cheers,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    Smartest knife in the box, eh? The thread's few years of age.

By the way, Aldila RIP 80X's fantastic, lower and better.
    I think the expression you are looking for is 'Sharpest knife in the box' since knives don't tend to be very smart, eh Laddie?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I think the expression you are looking for is 'Sharpest knife in the box' since knives don't tend to be very smart, eh Laddie?
    Oh, mea culpa. A faux pas, please acknowledge my apology.

Unlike you guys, I do not think before my hands work.

Have we learned anything yet?

the PL is the better shaft for 90% of the people.

Thread Information