|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

What putters do you play and why?

Hi,

What putters do you play, and why ? Is it because of the feel, or the ease of lining up? Personally I play a TaylorMade Fontana AGSI with rubber in the grooves. It's really easy to line up to the ball and rolls true.
    Hello boys, I'm back ! I just returned from a 4-month long vacation to Socotra Island, with my boyfriend.

TAYLORMADE SUCKSIn terms of feel and quality.

I use a GF putter, feels awesome, lining up nothing exceptional, but rolls really true.

I seriously do not know what I am playing because I can't find anything out about the OEM who made it. But, I would describe it as a PING Anser knock-off. I like the feel.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I seriously do not know what I am playing because I can't find anything out about the OEM who made it. But, I would describe it as a PING Anser knock-off. I like the feel.
    Oh you meant that putter which you asked the forum to identify ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuno>Ping
    Oh you meant that putter which you asked the forum to identify ?

Yes, that's the one . . .

Nike Unitized because it is awesome.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

The white hot F7. Its ugly and doesn't feel all that great, but its easy to line up.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Ping anser 2...

Fiona g michelle = putt s l u tt

YES! I still think you might be a hillbilly....God I love flannel ......
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Fisher Golf Mallet. Nothing special but I like the feel and its face balanced which suits my putting stroke.

As my sig says I play a Ben hogan Bettinardi 'Hawk' mallet putter. It's milled Aluminium (milled in USA) and has a very soft feel. Also easy to line up and great for my SBST putting style.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    As my sig says I play a Ben hogan Bettinardi 'Hawk' mallet putter. It's milled Aluminium (milled in USA) and has a very soft feel. Also easy to line up and great for my SBST putting style.
    Are those Bettinardi mallets also good for gay, left hand low putting styles?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Are those Bettinardi mallets also good for gay, left hand low putting styles?
    They are perfeect fopr left hand low SBST strokes. Dropped at least 4 strokes off my cap since going left hand low (was about 14 when I started a few years ago) and the BHBB 12 makes it even easier.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I hear those Nike Unitized putters work great with a flippy back- flippy through stroke. I just bought an Odyssey White Hot Rossie. I'm liking it so far.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Gold's Factory Good Luck "Custom Milled". But I'm eying on a Whitlam putter.

Heavy Putter - The weight of the putter forces you to putt with body's larger, more stable muscles, promoting a smoother and more consistent pendulum stroke.
    Driver - Cleveland Launcher 09 12
    4 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 17
    Hybrid - Mizuno FLI-HI CLK 20 23
    Irons - Mizuno MP-32 5-PW
    Wedges - Mizuno MP GW/SW/Cobra LW
    Putter - Mizuno Bettinardi BC1

Scotty Cameron Studio Design #3 2001 Limited Edition. one piece milled. very narrow and unassuming, not a putter any hybrid junky could effectively use. This one requires a quality repeatable putting stroke.

putter alignment aids that go past a single short sight line are a BM and CHOPPER MATERIAL.

My putter is the quintessential elitist putter you guys would expect from a purist like myself. It doesnt have a sight line but merely a site dot above the exact dead center of mass. Site lines are even questionable in my book...

Omen....
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    Scotty Cameron Studio Design #3 2001 Limited Edition. one piece milled. very narrow and unassuming, not a putter any hybrid junky could effectively use. This one requires a quality repeatable putting stroke.

putter alignment aids that go past a single short sight line are a BM and CHOPPER MATERIAL.

My putter is the quintessential elitist putter you guys would expect from a purist like myself. It doesnt have a sight line but merely a site dot above the exact dead center of mass. Site lines are even questionable in my book...

Omen....
    This is very close to the type of Bettinardi putter I'm about to buy . . . . . I like the narrow, unassuming style head.

This is very close to the type of Bettinardi putter I'm about to buy . . . . . I like the narrow, unassuming style head.
    The difference being the Bettinardi will be quality, whereas it's a GR fact that Omen's putter is a cheap, chinese sweatshop made, Ping Anser knock off. The fact the Bettinardi will probably be cheaper than the equivalent Scotty makes it even sweeter. Omen is showing his naivety by bagging that tinny piece of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I hear those Nike Unitized putters work great with a flippy back- flippy through stroke. I just bought an Odyssey White Hot Rossie. I'm liking it so far.
    Unitized are actually underrated putters. Side by side they leave Scottys for dead for feel, balance and overall quality. I'd bag the semi mallet unitized if I was looking for a new putter.

Omen....
    Haha. Hate to break it to you, but Omen, laddie.

You suck.

Nice chopper swing, by the way

The putter does not deserve to be denigrated from the hands of a pure chopper, but instead should be fully maximized through use by a real scratch golfer.

Go purchase a Nike Unitized / TaylorMade China-sweatshop POS. It suits you and your swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Unitized are actually underrated putters. Side by side they leave Scottys for dead for feel, balance and overall quality. I'd bag the semi mallet unitized if I was looking for a new putter.
    What about those Method putters ?

I'd still not use any Nike club, though.

Omen....
    What's BM and 'CHOPPER MATERIAL' ?
    Hello boys, I'm back ! I just returned from a 4-month long vacation to Socotra Island, with my boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona.G.Michelle
    What's BM and 'CHOPPER MATERIAL' ?

BM = B!tchmove -- a Golfreview forum taboo act.

Chopper Material = Something a high handicap golfer would buy and use thinking it was going to take 4 strokes off his game.

BM = B!tchmove -- a Golfreview forum taboo act.

Chopper Material = Something a high handicap golfer would buy and use thinking it was going to take 4 strokes off his game.
    Chopper: Omen, Larry. (Care to name a few more, guys?)

Chopper equipment:
    -Nike driver/woods/putters
    -TaylorMade irons/wedges/putters

Quote Originally Posted by sucre360
    I use Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select KOMBI Putter,also the OEM products.But the quality and performance are worth for the cheap price.I bought it on firstrankgolf online.
    Never Compromise Putter for me.
    DJ

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Square Back 1. Why? No idea.

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 stainless... nothing special just works better than anything else ive tried, not that im a great putter with it or anything but you get the idea...

also i have been using occasionally a Tour Issue Rife Prototype that was used for a while by kenny perry on tour a couple years ago before he started using his craz-e... i putt pretty well with that too... but most of the time its the cameron that i bag...

BTW. What are you guys' average putts per round? I am still struggling to break 36 consistently. That is why I got a new putter ("Heavy Putter") to help me with putts that are less than 6 feet.
    Driver - Cleveland Launcher 09 12
    4 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 17
    Hybrid - Mizuno FLI-HI CLK 20 23
    Irons - Mizuno MP-32 5-PW
    Wedges - Mizuno MP GW/SW/Cobra LW
    Putter - Mizuno Bettinardi BC1

Quote Originally Posted by exodus_john
    BTW. What are you guys' average putts per round? I am still struggling to break 36 consistently. That is why I got a new putter ("Heavy Putter") to help me with putts that are less than 6 feet.
    I think putts per round can be a pretty misleading indicator. If I'm having a great ballstriking round and hitting a bunch of greens, my PPR won't be great. If I'm missing greens but chipping great, my PPR will be low.
    Now if my PPR are over 36, there's no doubt about it that my putting sucks.
    I'd rather look at a round in terms of number of "should be makeable" (say 6 feet and in) putts I miss vs. longer putts that I made (over 10 feet).
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Still using the older model See More putter.....gimick?...maybe but in terms of feel & my ability to get the pill in da hole in one putt will see me with this flatstick till I die!!!! Or at least until some of you dopey club hoes wake up and start playing cast irons again..cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tee'd Off
    Still using the older model See More putter.....gimick?...maybe but in terms of feel & my ability to get the pill in da hole in one putt will see me with this flatstick till I die!!!! Or at least until some of you dopey club hoes wake up and start playing cast irons again..cheers
    Is Tee'd off vying to become the new Fred3? There is a very grumpy overtone to most of his recent posts.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Is Tee'd off vying to become the new Fred3? There is a very grumpy overtone to most of his recent posts.
    He's always been grumpy.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

First off, I wouldn't base my putter purchase on a golf forum thread, but to each their own. I use a Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant. Love the weight of the club (had extra weight added from Cameron) and love the feel and sound it gives me with a well struck putt. Just seems to set up well for my eye.

Thread Information