|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Two Boards?

Two Boards?

It occurs to me that we have two groups of forum members...

Old farts like me and a bunch of really young kids. (that's not a slam!)

Maybe to be more relevant, we should separate the boards that way.

i.e. Teen Board ( under 18), Adult Board (over 18)...maybe Seniors ( over 50)?
    [COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Tahoma][I]I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was![/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

Moved to non-golf.
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas J

i dont think having seperate boards is such a good idea but may having a different forum section for juniors, and seniors would be a good idea, and each could be moderated,
    wat do u think?
    thanks,
    play on,

Then who would straighten out the juniors?

Seriously, count me in as a thumbs up on that idea.
    Joe

TaylorMade R7 Quad TP 9.5* w/ Speeder
    Mizuno MP-32 Irons w/ S-300s

A potential problem is that there simply isn't that great a volume of posts as it is. Further fragmenting the board could be detrimental, and should be approached with caution and an eye to the "law of unintended consequences" when a change is made.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I think it'd be stupid because there would be no arguments/confrontations. That's what makes this board fun and about golf at the same time. We have juniors with good personalities and "old farts" with good personalities. I think it's better with all of us in one forum.

Regards~Tom

i dont think thats a great idea, i agree with sels on this one, confrontation is funny, and most of these kids ur talking about are like 13..... you cant have a very good board with a bunch of 13 yr olds, no matter how knowledgable they are, they have no experience, unless theyre like tiger and have started playing when they were 3

ogopogo........
    Last edited by wishiwasinatigerslump; 01-08-2006 at 06:34 PM.

In a single word, no. We're all golfers, that is what counts. If you don't like the members on the forum, remember, no ones holding a gun to your head.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    In a single word, no. We're all golfers, that is what counts. If you don't like the members on the forum, remember, no ones holding a gun to your head.
    Your right BPC, thats why I'm done with this board...flame on...

I would personally never visit the site for juniors, in the same way I never visited the course section. There where just too many sections to visit. If some of the more helpful people on here feel the same, the juniors would probably end up posting on the regular site anyways, to get advice from a more diverse group of people. If constant flaming and immature behavior is the issue, there is probably no need to have another site, just deal with them in other ways, like throw a bone out the door and close the door when they run to fetch.

Plus I don't think I would say the immaturity and flaming is in anyway confined to the persons age.

It kinda seems like building a kid playhouse, to get them out of the way, and that is probably not a good thing. On the other hand, if anyone, and not just juniors, cannot behave without adult supervision, then maybe they should be sent to their room without supper.

Your right BPC, thats why I'm done with this board...flame on...
    It isn't a matter of "flaming." You haven't been here long enough to decifer the two groups, assuming there even IS two groups. I think you may be mistaking some of the middle-aged (sorry for the terminology) guys to be juniors, because that is how they present themselves.

Personally, I think the problem lies in the older guys on the board ACTING like "juniors." What would I know though? Surely you've attained more knowledge of the members here in one month than I have in two years.

Also, I think you need to reconsider your usage of the word 'flaming'. It seems like any time someone disagrees with you on any matter, you get irritated and pack your bags swearing you're done with this forum.

What I'm trying to get at here is a suggestion to you to show a little bit of humility. You cannot show up one day and restructure the forum the next. I hold no grudges on this forum, I appreciate your insight, but we simply do not have enough members to entertain that suggestion, and it would truly be unfair to the juniors who are mature enough to hold a discussion with the rest of the forum, and vice versa.

BPC.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

I touched on this in the 19 for mod thread, and I will extend it to here as it is relevant. I have been attempting to convince the forum owner to remove the equipment thread and simply have a golf discussion thread as before. The reason for this is that it is, in the opinion of many, more nuissance than necessity. Creating even more divisions on a forum with a limited volume of users would be counter-productive. I don't think it is a question of maturity, as grown men are as capable of acting like children as children are of acting like grown men..once again, the joys of internet anonimity. The point is, this forum is for golfers to discuss golf. There are some great golfers here (I assume, but once again, that anonimity thing as beautiful), there are some aspiring to be great, and there are some who simply love the game. These characteristics are spread across the whole spectrm of age differences here, and depriving one group of the insights of another based on age goes completely against the premis of such a site...and BPC is right, once the novelty wore off everyone would be in the same board anyway.

It was an interesting notion, except we don't have the populatioon to support it, and, on a site with such anonimity, how would it be policed anyway? I wouldn't be interested in such a move.
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

Quote Originally Posted by 19handicap
    i dont think having seperate boards is such a good idea but may having a different forum section for juniors, and seniors would be a good idea, and each could be moderated,
    wat do u think?
    thanks,
    play on,

re-thought it and i figure it's bad for the board,
    Last edited by 19handicap; 01-09-2006 at 12:51 PM. Reason: sp

Thread Information