|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Scotty Cameron putter

Hey guys I just bought a Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.0 and played my first round with it today. I must say this thing is worth every penny I paid for it. I got it for $200 bucks with my employee discount our regular price is 279. Anyways this is a great putter and I highly reccomend it. I shot 81 from the championship tees which is a pretty good round for me I am an 11 handicap. Anyone else buy this putter and how did you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by cabell4484
    Hey guys I just bought a Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.0 and played my first round with it today. I must say this thing is worth every penny I paid for it. I got it for $200 bucks with my employee discount our regular price is 279. Anyways this is a great putter and I highly reccomend it. I shot 81 from the championship tees which is a pretty good round for me I am an 11 handicap. Anyone else buy this putter and how did you like it.
    It is a great putter, i have played 3 rounds with mine (newport) and have made 7 birds and an eagle without any three putts yet... im seeing even better putting this year for me, the way i have been putting with it so far

i have a scotty newport 2.5, tour xxx black finish i bought for $400 ( i know - stupid, all because of the black finish) - i love it too.

they are very good putters, among the best - but we all know that there are no best putters, just good players that like their putters....

I like the confidence from my putter. i stand over the ball, and am confident on starting the ball on the right line. I really think a well made putter can give your game a make over. Titleist make good equipment, many peopple use scottys for this precise reason. RELIABILITY. A consistant feel. I really am pleased with mine.

TOM
    "1 PUTTS PREFFERED!"

The only club I haven't replaced in my bag in the last year is my putter.

In true club ho fashion I was in Golfsmith last Friday checking out putters.

The new Ping 5i and one of the Scotty Cameron putters (I forget the model) really got my attention. They are REALLY well balanced.

I just got my Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet (center shafted) last week...drool...
    GOULET!!!

TPC at Sawgrass, The Ocean Course, Augusta National, The Cliffs at Glassy, Highland Cove

Scotty Oh Scotty

I purchased a Scotty Studio Style Newport for the regular price of 269.00. And without paying attention. I brought it home and read that is was part of the "First of 500" series. Needless to say I was thrilled. I e-mailed Scotty Cameron to find out that I had one of the first 500 made. A great putter that I will keep for many years to come. I have always used and loved Scotty's putters, but this one I will keep for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by woodc1981
    I purchased a Scotty Studio Style Newport for the regular price of 269.00. And without paying attention. I brought it home and read that is was part of the "First of 500" series. Needless to say I was thrilled. I e-mailed Scotty Cameron to find out that I had one of the first 500 made. A great putter that I will keep for many years to come. I have always used and loved Scotty's putters, but this one I will keep for a long time!
    Wow what a great find!! I can't say that mine was one of the first 500 made, but man these things are great. They really do inspire confidence when you stand over the ball. Played with it again today, with the same great results. We only played a par 3 today, because of time constraints. The wind was howling and scoring was difficult. Not to mention the cold. It was freezing in Vegas today. I ended up shooting 6 over, I'm not going to complain about that, the conditions were horrible, but the putter was perfect. Scotty Cameron really knows what he is doing.

Wouldn't mind owning one, but it's just way too expensive for me.

A putter either works for you or doesn't.... from the tone of this thread it's obvious (well for arguments sake anyway) that you guys want Scotty in a bad way.
    TM Burner 9.5 - Stiff
    TM R580 3wood - Stiff
    TM TP 22degree Hybrid - Diamana Stiff
    Mizuno MP-60's (3-W) - TT Tour Concept Stiff, 126g
    TM RAC TP 52-08 Satin (Y-cutter baby) - TT Wedge Flex
    TM RAC 56-12 FE2O3 TT Wedge Flex
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Project C.L.N. 1997 Limited Edition Putter - 35"

Titleist Pro-V1x, Golfbuddy+, lots of game baby but still a 8.1

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Surprisingly I have found my Red X 2 quite unremarkable. Not a patch on my Bettinardi Baby Ben putter. At the moment I am using a Titleist bullseye. There is something about the pure simplicy of this putter that suits me at the moment.

While we're on the subject of Scotty Cameron putters...

Does anyone have a definite conclusion on the comparison between Scotty Cameron Red X2 and Newport 2? I understand that the Newport 2 is face balanced and more suitable for pendulum-like stroke. I'm not sure if getting the Red X2 was a wise choice for me.

Quote Originally Posted by honorerdieu
    While we're on the subject of Scotty Cameron putters...

Does anyone have a definite conclusion on the comparison between Scotty Cameron Red X2 and Newport 2? I understand that the Newport 2 is face balanced and more suitable for pendulum-like stroke. I'm not sure if getting the Red X2 was a wise choice for me.
    i wouldnt worry about what others think. if it works for you then so be it! if however it doesnt than try your best to find what does.

Quote Originally Posted by neverman
    A putter either works for you or doesn't.... from the tone of this thread it's obvious (well for arguments sake anyway) that you guys want Scotty in a bad way.
    yes, neverman you are absolutely correct we all want him he's rich

Scotty Cameron

I bought scotty cameron stainless newport 2.0 about 2 months ago and I can say

that its THE BEST putter i ever played(former P dunlop red neck wilbur)

I sold my Scotty Studio Stainless Newport Beach in favor of the YES! golf Tracy II.

I like the feel of the YES! putter much better. Now, I do like the feel of the Futura line, but I am just in love with my Tracy.
    Taylor Made R7 Superquad 9.5*
    Nickent 3dx 17* Aldila NV
    Mizuno MX-23 3-PW
    Taylor Made TP 54* & 58*
    Scotty Cameron Red X2 34" 340g

Thread Information