|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question Two piece/three piece & ball compression

Just got back from the local golf shop & much to my dismay their selection of balls was somewhat lacking in my view. I have a very high swing speed therefore I require a ball with high compresion. To be exact my swing spped averages at about 105. I can feel the diffrence between a 90 & 100 compresion ball. The 90 feels like I'M hitting a wet sponge while the 100 is nice and solid. The only issue here is that 99% of manufacturers do not put the ball compresion on the package anymore!

For the last two seasons I only used two brand of balls. The Dunlop Loco Pro was one. This ball was a fairly cheap high compresion 3 piece. I loved it but they were difficult to come by and when I found a Pro Shop that had them I would purchase 5 dozen. If the Dunlops were not to be had I would invest in Srixon's HRX which was a nice high compresion 3 piece but a little pricier than the Dunlop but still a very nice ball.

Today at the shop none of these cheaper high compresion balls were to be found! They had the newer Callaways, Bridgestones, & Titleists...bit I refuse to pay $40 for a dozen...that is just plain crazy since I play a lot & with these steep prices it would put me in the poor house fairly quickly. Not that I lose a lot of balls while playing but the 3 pieces do get scuffed up during a round of play which requires a new ball.

I did look at some high compression two piece balls but these things drive me nuts. While I can get some great distance with them off the tee and on fairly long approach shots.....they bite the bullet when you need them to hold a green! They are like a tennis ball!

So I'M just wondering if any of you guys know of a fairly decent 3 piece high comopresion ball that won't break the bank? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Tee'd Off
    Just got back from the local golf shop & much to my dismay their selection of balls was somewhat lacking in my view. I have a very high swing speed therefore I require a ball with high compresion. To be exact my swing spped averages at about 105. I can feel the diffrence between a 90 & 100 compresion ball. The 90 feels like I'M hitting a wet sponge while the 100 is nice and solid. The only issue here is that 99% of manufacturers do not put the ball compresion on the package anymore!

For the last two seasons I only used two brand of balls. The Dunlop Loco Pro was one. This ball was a fairly cheap high compresion 3 piece. I loved it but they were difficult to come by and when I found a Pro Shop that had them I would purchase 5 dozen. If the Dunlops were not to be had I would invest in Srixon's HRX which was a nice high compresion 3 piece but a little pricier than the Dunlop but still a very nice ball.

Today at the shop none of these cheaper high compresion balls were to be found! They had the newer Callaways, Bridgestones, & Titleists...bit I refuse to pay $40 for a dozen...that is just plain crazy since I play a lot & with these steep prices it would put me in the poor house fairly quickly. Not that I lose a lot of balls while playing but the 3 pieces do get scuffed up during a round of play which requires a new ball.

I did look at some high compression two piece balls but these things drive me nuts. While I can get some great distance with them off the tee and on fairly long approach shots.....they bite the bullet when you need them to hold a green! They are like a tennis ball!

So I'M just wondering if any of you guys know of a fairly decent 3 piece high comopresion ball that won't break the bank? Any suggestions?

you mite wanna try the titleist nxt tour. onlt let down is that its not very good for spin. You may want to check out the wilson staff px3, as it fits that description quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tee'd Off

Precept U-Tri's are $15 a dozen at Golf Galaxy because they are taking them out of circulation...that is the same ball as the Bridgestone B330

Thread Information