|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question Ping swing weight

Does anyone know the stock swing weight of the Ping I5's? Got fitted today and they seemed light to me compared to my old Apex +(sw D-3).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indyplayer
    Does anyone know the stock swing weight of the Ping I5's? Got fitted today and they seemed light to me compared to my old Apex +(sw D-3).

Thanks
    www.pinggolf.com

see if its on there.

Between C9-D1 depending upon shaft choice.

I finally found the swing weight as well, took some searching. I ordered my new Ping i5 with the DG R300, I am coming form Apex + with the #4 shaft. The golf shop weighed my apes 5 iron and it was at D3. I am going to have Ping adjust the new set to a D3. Is this a wise move or shold I just go with what Ping sends and just get used to the new feel?

I finally found the swing weight as well, took some searching. I ordered my new Ping i5 with the DG R300, I am coming form Apex + with the #4 shaft. The golf shop weighed my apes 5 iron and it was at D3. I am going to have Ping adjust the new set to a D3. Is this a wise move or shold I just go with what Ping sends and just get used to the new feel?
    Ping will do just about whatever swingweight you want - if you don't specify, they come in pretty light (usually C9), but if you're comfortable with your old clubs at D3, definitely just tell Ping that's what you want from the new ones. You're paying a lot of money for customization - might as well use it.

I am having made at D3. If the normally come around C9 how do the change the swing weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd_Christmas3
    Ping will do just about whatever swingweight you want - if you don't specify, they come in pretty light (usually C9), but if you're comfortable with your old clubs at D3, definitely just tell Ping that's what you want from the new ones. You're paying a lot of money for customization - might as well use it.

Thanks
    D0 for mine with DGS400. They are noticably lighter than my old Apex+ and current X-tours (D2).

I am having made at D3. If the normally come around C9 how do the change the swing weight?
    They use lead powder or tungsten powder in the cavity behind the medallion, or they just make the medallions in different weights I don’t know which.

Quote Originally Posted by AJW
    They use lead powder or tungsten powder in the cavity behind the medallion, or they just make the medallions in different weights I don’t know which.

AJW is correct. Ping removes the oval PING logo on the iron and changes the weight that way. I have i5's with CS Lite R w/ Cushin inserts & the weight is D0. They are a little light I agreee. I tend to get quick with the wedge & 9 iron. I absolutley love the clubs though. Best iron I have ever hit. Again i do fight a a hrad draw though based on the weight. You can always add a strip of lead tape to the iron. Remember every 2 gram addition of lead tape adds one swingweight. good luck

Thanks for the information Sounds like I made the right choice in going with the heavier swing weight. My normal ball flight is slight draw, I think the lighter heads could turn that into a hook!! Can't wait to get them!

QUOTE=herkyjerk]AJW is correct. Ping removes the oval PING logo on the iron and changes the weight that way. I have i5's with CS Lite R w/ Cushin inserts & the weight is D0. They are a little light I agreee. I tend to get quick with the wedge & 9 iron. I absolutley love the clubs though. Best iron I have ever hit. Again i do fight a a hrad draw though based on the weight. You can always add a strip of lead tape to the iron. Remember every 2 gram addition of lead tape adds one swingweight. good luck[/QUOTE]

Thread Information