|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Swing weight?

Question Swing weight?

I custom-ordered iron 3/4 inch longer according to a fitting result. But the swing weight of the iron I got from the shop changed to D3~4 (originally D2) due to longer shaft.

Do you guys think it is okay? Anybody who plays with D3 or D4?

A bigger swing weight means that the club will 'feel' heavier, probably more so when starting your downswing. This is logical considering the fact that you've lengthened the shaft, and therefor it should feel more tip heavy at the top of your swing.

The global weight won't have changed in any significant matter, but you may feel it.

Someone else's impressions on this is irrelevant, you need to get out there and swing them - and more than once - take the clubs out for 2 or three rounds and you will more than likely adapt to this minor change.

Your feelings are the only ones that count - for my part, I swing D2-D3 which is fine.... ( again this should be irrelevant to you).

D3-D4 is barely above the average D2 - if you are bigger than average, under normal circumstances shouldn't be much diffferent, and at worse, you may have to slow down your tempo at the top of your backswing, which generally can only do you good ( as for all of us amateur golfers).

Or if you still don't like the swingweight they can change it to what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by dodosa
    I custom-ordered iron 3/4 inch longer according to a fitting result. But the swing weight of the iron I got from the shop changed to D3~4 (originally D2) due to longer shaft.

Do you guys think it is okay? Anybody who plays with D3 or D4?
    D3 or 4 is not that unusual. I've seen guys who play D6, and I'm sure there are people who play higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by fred3
    Or if you still don't like the swingweight they can change it to what you do like.
    Brilliant.

Thread Information