|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Powerbilt TPS Irons - Ellipsoid of Power - Get in quick - these won't last long!

Get in quick and secure these legendary irons if Not a Hacker hasn't already snapped them up.

Tournament Players Series Ellipsoid of Power. 2-SW 10 clubs made in USA; Starting price $200

I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Get in quick and secure these legendary irons if Not a Hacker hasn't already snapped them up.

Tournament Players Series Ellipsoid of Power. 2-SW 10 clubs made in USA; Starting price $200

The iron patio set in all white really clashes with the weathered redwood deck.

One of my buddies used to play a set of those in left handed. Longest hitter I've ever played with. He played off a low single (3-6) when he was bagging them. Never heard him complain about those clubs... they won him a lot of money in the weekend skins competitions.

They are much smaller than they appear. Tiny heads, and a sh!tload of offset. Meh, IMO. Decent better player's CB, and nothing more.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

I think I threw up a little in my mouth . . . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

With that offset and the sole design they are yet another copy of the ping eye 2's.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    With that offset and the sole design they are yet another copy of the ping eye 2's.
    They both have big offset but I think the TPS are more a players iron than the Eye2. Personally I'm not a fan of the early TPS though, the ones in this picture are a bit harsh feeling and don't have a big sweetspot. Too much offset too. Nothing at all like my buttery smooth TPS 6.0s.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    They both have big offset but I think the TPS are more a players iron than the Eye2. Personally I'm not a fan of the early TPS though, the ones in this picture are a bit harsh feeling and don't have a big sweetspot. Too much offset too. Nothing at all like my buttery smooth TPS 6.0s.
    Nice attempt at self justification.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    Yeah but he ain't foolin nobody but himself.

Now where the f#ck am I?

A guy I play golf with on occassion has a set of Powerbilts that are all black. I'm not sure if they are made of the same material as the Cleveland gunmetals but they did look pretty cool. They looked similar to the ones in Kiwi's photo...except that they are black. I guess I said that already.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    A guy I play golf with on occassion has a set of Powerbilts that are all black. I'm not sure if they are made of the same material as the Cleveland gunmetals but they did look pretty cool. They looked similar to the ones in Kiwi's photo...except that they are black. I guess I said that already.
    I vaguely remember the TPS coming out in black, you may actually be right about something for a change.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    The qulaity of ball strike and my scoresa justify my choice in irons. If any of you haters ever get the chance to hit one of these you will be singing a different tune. The TPS 6.0 are pure.

I vaguely remember the TPS coming out in black, you may actually be right about something for a change.
    So I guess that means between the two of us I'm in the lead.

The qulaity of ball strike and my scoresa justify my choice in irons. If any of you haters ever get the chance to hit one of these you will be singing a different tune. The TPS 6.0 are pure.
    NAH, no offense, but isn't the Powerbilt TPS 6.0 a super game improvement iron? I Googled it and those are some ugly looking irons. You mentioned before that you typically play the goat track type of courses so I'm just wondering if that's why you play those cheap irons. Please don't mistake this post as being critical. I'm only trying to figure out why you'd choose a large shovel like that when you constantly make fun of other irons that are clearly smaller and more pleasing to the eye. Hit 'em well!

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature View Post
    One of my buddies used to play a set of those in left handed. Longest hitter I've ever played with. He played off a low single (3-6) when he was bagging them. Never heard him complain about those clubs... they won him a lot of money in the weekend skins competitions.

They are much smaller than they appear. Tiny heads, and a sh!tload of offset. Meh, IMO. Decent better player's CB, and nothing more.

FON
    I thought you were the longest player you ever played with FON?
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Anyone ever try the Callaway C4 driver? I was in golfgalaxy over the weekend and they had a 9 degree stiff in new condition for $14.94. I was striping that puppy in the simulator dude. It was going just as far as any other driver. It sounded and felt like the old persimmons I used to play. Didn't look like persimmon, though. I think it's made out of the same material as the stealth bomber. That's what the sales guy told me.

Anyone ever try the Callaway C4 driver? I was in golfgalaxy over the weekend and they had a 9 degree stiff in new condition for $14.94. I was striping that puppy in the simulator dude. It was going just as far as any other driver. It sounded and felt like the old persimmons I used to play. Didn't look like persimmon, though. I think it's made out of the same material as the stealth bomber. That's what the sales guy told me.
    It's true although that material is classified top secret by the US military and is impossible to obtain. But during the conflict in Bosnia when one of the stealth bombers was shot down by the Serbs Callaway sent a crew of their top R & D guys on a covert mission in behind enemy lines to retrieve some stealth material from the wreckage and used it to make a limited number of these incredible drivers that are undetectable by radar.

That's the great thing about Callaway. Always willing to go that extra mile to produce a special golf club for their customers. You'd be a fool not to grab it, $14.94 is a bargain. They were $1,494.99 when they first came out.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    It's true although that material is classified top secret by the US military and is impossible to obtain. But during the conflict in Bosnia when one of the stealth bombers was shot down by the Serbs Callaway sent a crew of their top R & D guys on a covert mission in behind enemy lines to retrieve some stealth material from the wreckage and used it to make a limited number of these incredible drivers that are undetectable by radar.

That's the great thing about Callaway. Always willing to go that extra mile to produce a special golf club for their customers. You'd be a fool not to grab it, $14.94 is a bargain. They were $1,494.99 when they first came out.
    Actually, and this is for real, the Callaway C4 was priced at $499 when it first came out. That was the actual sticker price that I saw in golf stores, not just the MSRP. That's amazing when you think about it because the C4 came out in either 1998 or 1999. You never see a driver nowadays go for $499. Even $399 is rare.

I think I shall procure this here C4 and I will report back on my findings. Annika Sorenstam used it for awhile. Word around the campfire was that she actually wanted a set of C4s but Callaway wouldn't flip the bill.

Actually, and this is for real, the Callaway C4 was priced at $499 when it first came out. That was the actual sticker price that I saw in golf stores, not just the MSRP. That's amazing when you think about it because the C4 came out in either 1998 or 1999. You never see a driver nowadays go for $499. Even $399 is rare.

I think I shall procure this here C4 and I will report back on my findings. Annika Sorenstam used it for awhile. Word around the campfire was that she actually wanted a set of C4s but Callaway wouldn't flip the bill.
    FD, in all seriousness, the C4 has become the archetype for the misguided product launch. It was heavily marketed and priced astronomically, but performed terribly. One of the all time stinkers that Callaway wishes they could take back.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    FD, in all seriousness, the C4 has become the archetype for the misguided product launch. It was heavily marketed and priced astronomically, but performed terribly. One of the all time stinkers that Callaway wishes they could take back.
    Isn't C4 a plastic explosive?
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

It's one of those "dual meaning" words. Depending on the context, C4 is potent plastic explosive, or a horrible golf club. I used to laugh at anyone who bought a C4, because it was a tell-tale sign that someone bought a club without hitting it first. Strictly an ego purchase, not unlike D-man's $600 wedges of yore.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

It's one of those "dual meaning" words. Depending on the context, C4 is potent plastic explosive, or a horrible golf club. I used to laugh at anyone who bought a C4, because it was a tell-tale sign that someone bought a club without hitting it first. Strictly an ego purchase, not unlike D-man's $600 wedges of yore.
    Yes, but would you laugh at me if I bought it for $14.95? The thing is, it was a ridiculously high-priced club back in 2002 but I've also heard that it's a pretty good driver. It's design is actually better suited for the advanced golfer, as demonstrated by it's slightly open face and pear-shaped head. It's a player's club.

I think they named it after the C4 Aircraft. I believe the C4 is the largest plane in the air force.

The C4 driver was introduced around the same time as the ERC Fusion driver. Both of these drivers were priced at $499 and I think they lost a lot of customers. They missed out on the oversized driver craze and didn't come out with a 460 CC head until it was too late.

Yes, but would you laugh at me if I bought it for $14.95? The thing is, it was a ridiculously high-priced club back in 2002 but I've also heard that it's a pretty good driver. It's design is actually better suited for the advanced golfer, as demonstrated by it's slightly open face and pear-shaped head. It's a player's club.
    I really doubt you'll find a single review site that likes the C4. None of the pros played it outside of that club's initial launch. $15 is chump change admittedly, but why don't you just buy $15 worth of gum?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I really doubt you'll find a single review site that likes the C4. None of the pros played it outside of that club's initial launch. $15 is chump change admittedly, but why don't you just buy $15 worth of gum?
    That's a good point. Actually, Annika Sorenstam played the C4 for awhile. I think that Swede chopper Jesper Parnevick (the man responsible for setting up that horrible woman with Tiger) played it for awhile as well. You know, it's no surprise that Jesper has fallen off the face of the earth. He is one of the responsible parties for setting Tiger up. I guess what goes around comes around. Tiger would be happy right now and would have 18 majors under his belt if it weren't for that emaciated wanker with the choppy swing. Nice hat Jesper.

I think Sorrestam may have used it when it came out, but no men. You are right with your previous post, the C4 was one of the all time stinkers from any manufacturer. I honestly can't remember a driver with a worse rep, the guys I saw who bought them had them in the bag for less than a month.

NAH, no offense, but isn't the Powerbilt TPS 6.0 a super game improvement iron? I Googled it and those are some ugly looking irons. You mentioned before that you typically play the goat track type of courses so I'm just wondering if that's why you play those cheap irons. Please don't mistake this post as being critical. I'm only trying to figure out why you'd choose a large shovel like that when you constantly make fun of other irons that are clearly smaller and more pleasing to the eye. Hit 'em well!
    No offence taken FD, but I'm deadly serious when I say the TPS 6.0 are good clubs. I'm a decent enough bal striker to know a sweet club when I hit one, and these things are as sweet as non forgd CB can possibly get. I agree they look like SGI POS shovels, but they are genuinely wolves in sheeps clothing. The strike is so pure on these and the flight and distance is top shelf. In all honesty I rate these higher than the Zings, X-16-20s, R7 TPs and RAC LTs that i've hit. The only CBs I've ever hit that were noticably nicer than my TPS 6.0s are the AP1s, which are out of this world, pure butter shot after shot. Powerbilts from back in the days thy were made in the States are sleepers that only a few in the know are aware of.

Thread Information