|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Any fellow musicians here???

How about it...what do you play - styles of music, instruments (and brand if you are an axe ho), amateur, pro, writer?

BTW, the skin flute doesn't count .
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

skin flute?
    I feel sorry for Skeet boy's cat...

I produce "underground" hip hop music. I mainly lift samples from old vinyl, but I also play the keyboard a little bit as well. I'd define my music as alternative contemporary jazz with a hip hop flair.

I have a myspace music page. If anybody is interested you can check it out here:

http://www.myspace.com/notionbeats

Yeah I play.I currenntly own An Ibanez rg220 An Ibanez Destoyer both six stings.I also have a fretless Yamaha bass four sting.I have a Fender princeton Chorus amp as well as a Fender Prosonic head and A Rock Pro 4x12 cabinet.I am thinking of buying some midgrade drums but that is a big maybe.
    I have been playing guitar for 15 years and I would say with confidence not arrogance that I can play.
    I used to play in a band and we played some odd and end shows but that was years ago.
    I write all my own music and have forgotten more than I have writ lately I used to practice everyday but lately its been once a week or less.The creative tide is definetly at an ebb for now.
    I would have to say my musical style is hardcore punk fusion jazz or something.I have spent too much alone time in my basement playing and I am getting strange.

How about you?Gear?

I play a little guitar.
    -Fender John Mayer Signature Stratocaster (Sunburst)
    -Fender Standard Stratocaster (Arctic White w/ Maple neck)
    -Martin 000M
    -Martin OMJM hopefully soon
    I play the strats through a Fender Blues Junior amp and I'm thinking about upgrading to a Deluxe Reverb. Pedals consist of a Boss TU-2 tuner, Keeley modded BD-2 blues driver, RMC wah, and a TS9 tubescreamer.
    As far as the type of music i play its mostly hendrix/clapton/and attempting SRV stuff...so i guess pop/light rock/blues would define it. I'm a big heartfelt acoustic type of guy too. Good stuff.
    GOULET!!!

I play a bunch of instruments, but would probably have an easier time reading Chinese than reading a musical note. I`ve been singing since I can remember, and play the guitar, the organ (the real one, hehe), accordian (tradition push-button style), harmonica (not that I consider that any feat), and have recently started dabbling with the fiddle. I would consider myself a singer ahead of any of the others, but am a decent guitarist (I`ve been playing for about 18 years, but mostly folk and coutry style stuff - I have gotten more into the acoustic alternative stuff over the past few years, but listen to and play almost everything). I also compose songs.

I have a 100 year old air organ I got from a church in PEI. I also have a few accordions and such, but my favorite toys are my guitars.

I have a 1970 Norman Studio 68 (hand made here in Quebec...beautiful sound), a Fender La Brea (first real guitar - if you can call it that), an Ovation 12 string, and a Tanglewood TW55NC - I use this one for banging around in the Irish Pubs - sound of a Taylor, price of a Takamine.

I am currently building a small USB recording system for writing and demo production, and plan to buy a new Taylor 414 without electronics for recording purposes (I was looking at a Hummingbird, but they are insanely priced and don`t sound as good). I might also snag a Tanglewood acoustic base.
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

I use to have a decent acoustic but it met its demise in a game of basement hockey.With a puck.

Does a kazoo count?
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

It counts if you juggle a 5 iron a chainsaw an a rabid badger at the sam time.

Quote Originally Posted by meantime
    It counts if you juggle a 5 iron a chainsaw an a rabid badger at the same time.
    Does the chain saw have to be running at the time?
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

No the chainsaw doesn't have to be running but then the badger would have to be sober.

Thread Information