I haven't really been following the women's hockey so far, as I am not a fan...sorry, nothing sexist, I just don't like watching slow non-contact hockey (if I wanted to watch that I'd have someone video my Sunday games for me ). While watching a bit of the US/Fin game the commentators were talking about how they didn't like the attitude of the Swedish team, who had commented that they were merely hoping to survive their game against Canada and play for bronze. While I can agree that this is a rather poor attitude, can you really blame them? The women's hockey has two teams in it...the rest of the field is playing for their scraps. In my mind, it is much like the intial dream teams that the US submitted...it was sad to watch, and were I one of those NBA pros, I would have been embarrassed for myself. Not only that, but with the round-robin tournament format, stronger teams run the score to hell trying to secure by's...I don't really care for it. At least in the case of the women there are no professionals there...tomorrow night we will get to watch team Canada pulverize Italy - let me see, Joe Sakic, my favorite player, along with Lecavalier, Thornton, and Bertuzzi against a bunch of unknowns. With the men's hockey, at least there are other countries that compete...you gotta feel sorry for those poor sumbiches who have to take the medicine in the first two rounds though . Cal Ripken Jr. was asked for his opinion on pros in the Olympics after the first "Dream Team", and he said he thought it was selfish of the pros, as it was the only chance many amateurs would ever have to compete in this type of public arena. While I must admit I much prefer watching the pro NHL players in the olympics (the hockey is better and you relate to them even more because you follow them all year), I must also feel bad for those poor guys who are good enough to make the Italian Olympic team, only to face a juggernaut like Team Canada, USA, Czeck, Sweden, etc...