|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Re-Shafting Pricing?

Would anyone care to fill me in on the price it costs to get a set of irons (3-PW) re-shafted to True Temper s300 shafts? I usually buy my stuff off ebay, but Im pretty sure there is an Edwin Watts within an hour from my house.

Just wondering if it would be cheaper to reshaft at retailer, or purchase a new set of sticks from ebay.

Thanks in advance.

I believe the normal charge is about $20/set, plus the cost of the components, if you have someone else do the work. Not sure about golfsmith, but I know maltby charges $18, plus the cost of the grip, shaft, and ferrule.

TheRod
    "Fairways and greens, and don't forget to wave."

$18 for a set sounds nice I just got charged £30 for one iron Inc shaft that’s about $54.
    and it took him two weeks to do it and once it was done I found hid cut it too short and put the wrong type of grip on. I won’t be going back there.
    Last edited by AJW; 02-24-2006 at 05:35 AM.

$20 a set sounds pretty inexpensive. I think you could easily pay $10-15/club many places, plus the grip.
    Last edited by dorkman53; 02-24-2006 at 06:16 AM.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

This time of year you can usually find some places that have their spring maintenance deals on. Golftown has their annual re-grip event on, and I believe their shaft work is also done at half-price over this time. The cost really depends on where you have the work done. I had 6 of my old Cobra irons sent directly to Cobra to have reshafted and bent, and paid over $250 (S300`s). At Golftown, I would be paying $19 per S300 shaft, the grip price (I use Dual Durometers, which are typically $9.00, but are on for half price right now), and $5 per club for the re-shafting.
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

i paid 140 dollars, for reshaft my mp30 4-p to TT tour concepts, include grips and part tax. i don't think i should pay this much. but what can you do when the pro shop give you the bill.

I thought this was a little odd...
    Maltby's website (or Golfworks) posts their price for reshafting irons as $18/set. I looked in my Golfsmith catalog, and they quote $18/club. If there isn't a typo, that's a huge difference in price.

TheRod

Quote Originally Posted by TheRod
    I thought this was a little odd...
    Maltby's website (or Golfworks) posts their price for reshafting irons as $18/set. I looked in my Golfsmith catalog, and they quote $18/club. If there isn't a typo, that's a huge difference in price.

TheRod
    Perhaps you may have misunderstood the Golfworks website. It sounds like the price is $18/shaft labor, plus the cost of the shaft, but includes the cost of the grip. It seems right in the ballpark for what it costs to reshaft elsewhere. I usually end up paying about that with my local clubmaker.
    Here is the Golfworks website link for reshafting.
    http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp?pn=RESHAFTING
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Yea maybe I just looked at the first reference, above the address, and thought it was a per set cost. Nonetheless, I still think it's a little steep, since I've done my own and don't think there's that much work involved, but I degress...

TheRod

Thread Information