|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

I dont like hitting fairway woods off the ground should i get a low lofted hybrid

should i get a low lofted hybrid instead of my 3 wood i like to hit everything like a iron

what do you think of low lofted hybrids
    Nike SQ 9.5
    Nike T-60 13 degree
    Nickent 3dx 20 degree hybrid
    TM Rac os2 4-pw
    52,56,60 cg 11
    Odyssey white steel #2

I can't hit f-woods worth a damn but have a pretty good irons swing, so I switched to hybrids. I have the 18* CPR wood hybrid and a Hogan CFT 3h 21*. I think they are great...easy to get up in the air (I top or snap hook f-woods), straight, and forgiving. I doubt I will ever carry a f-wood again.
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

I'd invest in a couple lessons with a pro. He'll fix up that 3-wood swing pretty quick.. You can try lower lofted hybrids, but I don't think you'll be able to get the distance you would with the longer 3-wood.
    "You got a choice. You can stop, or you can start."
    "Start?
    "Walkin"
    "Where?"
    "Right back to where you always been... and then stand there... Still... real still... And remember... "

Quote Originally Posted by bethpage caddy
    I'd invest in a couple lessons with a pro. He'll fix up that 3-wood swing pretty quick.. You can try lower lofted hybrids, but I don't think you'll be able to get the distance you would with the longer 3-wood.
    Too me there is no more satisfying shot in golf than absolutely flushing a 3-wood pure off the deck. So it's worth the effort. at least for me to be able to execute that shot. Plus I don't think your going to be able to reach a long par 5 without being able to hit a 3-wood off the deck.

That is the truth right there, a pured wood shot is just impossible to put into words... i know how your goin with the not being able to hit woods, and most likely u got like me where your swing was/is just too upright, for your woods, practise stepping back an extra inch/half inch and it'll flatten your swing right out. (make sure to bend the knees a little more as so your not reaching too much though)
    I feel sorry for Skeet boy's cat...

3-woods, from the rough from the FW

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_eyer098804@yahoo.c
    should i get a low lofted hybrid instead of my 3 wood i like to hit everything like a iron

what do you think of low lofted hybrids
    3-woods, from the rough from the FW, is the most challenging shots in golf, right close to the fun with the 2-iron.

now i got a 26* (high lofted) hybrid that's got the length of a mid-iron, but has got aas big a head as my 20.5* 5-wood...much easier to hit 180~200 yards off the "deck" with a hybrid

of course, i still try my 3-wood for a 240 yarder, but when i really need to get there, to set up a short wedge or chip shot, on that swing i reach for the hybrid (i wished i had listened to others' here on the board and got a hybrid sooner)

p.s. lessons from a trusted pro are money and time well spent
    golf's a relaxing betting game.

Shorter woods

To me, the difference between a wood and an iron is shaft length (woods are longer). Last year I shortened all my F-woods (took almost 2.5" off my 3W) and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE 'EM. (One must of course be wary of lie angle when shortening shafts, but they were still okay with my swing.) This makes them hit more like irons. With shaft lengths almost the same, I see no difference between my hybrids and F-woods, but use the F-woods because they just feel a little better to me. (Granted, I could just as easily use hybrids at standard lengths -- 6 of one...)

And as to distance? Conventional wisdom is that longer shafts hit farther. Ok, but this has certainly not been the case with me. I hit every bit as far with the shorter shafts, and my swing is MUCH more reliable and straight. (Having said this, though, I'm no one of your longer hitters, anyway.)
    [COLOR=DarkGreen]"If I can't walk it -- I don't play it."[/COLOR]

Talking hybrids

hybrids...seems to replace what the more lofted and shorter length woods golfers were using two generations (40years) or so ago.

I look at my hybrid, good hitting Callaway HeavenWood 5H 26* (i got it for free and I tought i was choosing a 26* wood, on my company's web site) in no way looks like an iron except having the length, within .25", of my 39" 3-iron...and guess what, my 5H hits like my 3-iron in distance, but with more reliability, like a shoter more lofted wood would be. In Ben Hogans days, a "4-wood" had lofts in the low to mid 20*s.

must be the image thing: it's "cool" to hit a 5H hybrid, but not so "cool" to hit a "9 wood" or an "11-wood".

marketing geniuses.
    golf's a relaxing betting game.

Quote Originally Posted by ce_me_golf
    Too me there is no more satisfying shot in golf than absolutely flushing a 3-wood pure off the deck. So it's worth the effort. at least for me to be able to execute that shot. Plus I don't think your going to be able to reach a long par 5 without being able to hit a 3-wood off the deck.
    I hit the shot you're talking about last Saturday. After a decent drive I flushed a 3 wood just short of the green. I normally have to hit a 6 or 7 iron for my 3rd shot but this time it was a simple sand wedge that came to rest one foot from the pin. However I'm sorry to say I missed the birdie (tap in) putt!!!

As for the low lofted Hybrid. I love hitting FW's (I also carry a 5 wood) and struggle with long irons so the 22* and 25* have been fantastic replacements for my 3 & 4 irons. Because I hit them so consistently I demoéd the 19* hybrid to compare it with my 5 wood however it came up short distance wise compared to my 19* FW.

I am currently looking at 15-17* hybrids, and am yet to find one that I hit much further than my 17* 5W.

I have tried the TM Mid 16*, TM Dual 16*, Cobra 18*, Ping G5 19* and 16* all with Multiple shafts. The Ping is the only one that was as long as my 5w, and actually I hit the 19* with the TFC100 shaft almost as far as the 16* with either Steel, Graffalloy, Aldila. So I am trying to find a Cobra 16*, Sonartec 15* or 17*, Bridgestone, or Ping 16* with a TFC to test out, otherwise I am just sticking with my 5W.

If you find one you hit consistently equal to the 3w, please update the thread, but it may be a little more difficult than you think. I've heard the low lofted Sonartecs and Bridgestones are long, but they are almost impossible to find retail where you can actually try them.

Thread Information