|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Playing At the Moment

how many of you out there can play/are playing right now? i can here in BC and its been fairly decent, all though weve had some weird weather with snow one day, then it all being melted and it being perfectly sunny the next.... but we can play here, wat aboot all u?
    I feel sorry for Skeet boy's cat...

I cannot.It's cold with standing snow and ice fog the last two days.Fortunately we had a real mild winter so I could play some rounds on temps and there are heated ranges I can still frequent.(hmmm maybe today).Our Ab spring is coming we just have to flare more oil and gas.
    My friend was out in Invermere B.C and said everything is ready to go.So are we April 8/9 is the planned warm up rounds with a four day tour mid may down the Columbia Valley.There are alot of phenomenal courses there.You may already know that though Sandpiper6.

I cannot. The next 10 days were supposed to have flurries or rain. Saturday and Sunday it was about 14* c, it was great. I spent both of the days stuck in an arena for a hockey tournament. My pro said they were expecting to open it up on the 10th. We had some major changes over the winter (rock removal, cutting trees so u can see a lake better, and planting a few trees/bushes) and they still have a little cleaning u to do.

I live in Seattle and have been able to get at least two round a week in for the last couple months. The air is cold and the ground is soft so my scores aren't where I would like them. I have actually played almost every day for the last week or so and am feeling pretty good about my game. When the sun does finally shine and the ball does finally carry, I plan on making a run at getting the number down to a single digit. I can dream, right?
    C.B.
    "golf teaches humility"
    [COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=4]
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

i live in shouthern cali, play whenever i want

I play in Ireland and the course is open 364 days a year(closed at Xmas). To save the course we play lift clean and place in the fairways.
    My set:
    Titleist 905T w/ Grafalloy Blue S
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Skymax Ice Resolve hybrid 19*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey Raw 50* & 60*
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red
    GUI Handicap: [B]6.0[/B]
    USGA Handicap: [B]1.9[/B]

Arrrrrghhhhh.IT'S NOT FAIR.

I made a mistake, we were closed a couple of days due to frost
    My set:
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red

Arrrrrrrgggghhhh! IT IS STILL NOT FAIR!!!!

Been playing nearly year round. Had a few weeks of bad weather were we did not get out. Have tee times for both Saturday and Sunday. You do have to pick the well drained courses if you don't want to lose plugged drives in the center of the fairways.

Unhappy

As the title suggests I am from the Land of the Long White Cloud (NZ) down under, where Michael Campbell comes from. I play all year round but there is a big difference between summer and winter golf due to the changes in course conditions. Hard & dry in the summer and soft and wet in the winter. Like EMC the only time the course is closed is if we get frost - which is almost never. But the balls do sometimes get plugged in winter. Only brand new ones of course.

Some (like me) enjoy summer golf because we get more run and it makes the holes shorter. Others prefer winter golf as the ball pulls up abruptly and allows for truer more accurate shot making. The holes become much longer though. A par 4 in summer for example might be driver 9 iron but it becomes driver 5 iron during winter. That’s assuming a good drive down the middle of course – in the trees and it doesn’t make any difference!

A very long dry summer is just coming to an end. I have been getting out and playing in the evenings after work but it is getting dark too early now and I am going to have to resign myself to weekend golf only from now until October. Evening sessions will be restricted to the driving range - sigh!

Man, i love my climate here, its perfect (although a little wet...) but pretty much year round golf, except once in awhile (like 7 days of the year) we have snow at our level (great vancouver area of british columbia, canada). Its been fairly good lately and as of today on spring break so far ive played seven and a half rounds in the last six days

Sunny San Diego.

Play whenever I want. Oh yeah there was that 1 day when it rained in the morning. We had to wait until the afternoon to play.

You langer!! During my spring break my parents forced me to study for 3 hours a day. Mind you I still played everyday and had back-to-back 75's which is my best score yet. BTW I also did well in my exams, 4A's 5B's and a C
    My set:
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red

Louisville, KY
    I am currently playing and was able to play mostly through the winter with a few weeks being too cold here and there.
    My internal thermostat lets me play if it's above 40*F unless the wind chill is too much.

Talking of wind chill, I was out today in 4* heat and the wind chill was -4*! Thank God it's Paddy's day or I don't know what I would have done!!
    My set:
    TaylorMade R7 Steel 15*
    Mizuno MP-32 4-PW
    TaylorMade RAC TP 56*
    Bettinardi BHB1.C
    TaylorMade TP Red

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper6
    how many of you out there can play/are playing right now? i can here in BC and its been fairly decent, all though weve had some weird weather with snow one day, then it all being melted and it being perfectly sunny the next.... but we can play here, wat aboot all u?
    We've been very lucky this winter in the north Texas area. The weather has been exceptionally nice and aside from brief 3 and 4 day stretches the weather has been great for golf.

Unforturnately I took a vacation for a couple of weks in late December without swinging a golf club ever since I got back I've has all sorts of swing issues. So it's just been a lot of time on the range for me as oppose to playing.

Lucky unless your course is currently engulfed in a wild fire...

Between: Overtime at work, bad weather, more bad weather, the flu, my wife's flu, more bad weather, and unavoidable family commitments, I've only played one round in the last two weeks. Sunday's scheduled round may get rained out, too.
    We even had snow last weekend; unusual for Southern California. I'll put up with the disgusting smog and heat in July-September to enjoy the generally nice climate the rest of the year.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Are you made of sugar and cant play in the rain?

I get 4 months of nice weather 2months of o.k and then the seaeson is pretty much done.I'll play in lightning coated hailstones if I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Are you made of sugar and cant play in the rain?
    Why would I want to? It's NOT raining 300++ days of the year.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Get to play once a week. It's a bit cold 5 degrees and pretty windy (15-20mph). Not very flattering to the scorecard (around 84). Some holes I can only drive the ball 210 yards. Can't wait for the summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper6
    I live in Texas, where our off season consists about 2 weeks in January when my club are getting regripped. This allows me to play all year, which can be a good and bad thing. It's good since I get to play golf. Simple as that. It's bad, because I always put things off until "golf season ends", like a surgery to remove a non-malignant tumor in my back or getting my wisdom teeth pulled or getting Lasik surgery. Or clearing the garage or going to the gym/church/store/anywhere not on a golf course. I swear, as soon as we can't play for a month straight, I'll get right on it. Until then, let's tee it up!
    [COLOR="Red"]TaylorMade R7 Quad 7.5* Driver
    TaylorMade Retro Tour Spoon 13* 3 Wood
    TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP 16*, 19* and 22* Hybrids
    TaylorMade Rac OS2 5-PW
    TaylorMade Rac Black 54* SW
    TaylorMade Rac Fe2O3 58* LW
    Odyssey 2 Ball 33" Putter

Drive For Show, Putt For Dough!!![/COLOR]

Played today-Lower mainland-(Vancouver,BC) first real warm day of the year.29 holes in 6 hours.We CAN play most of the year in this area,but there are some cold wet days.If I was in Dorkman's shoes I wouldn't play in the rain If I didn't have to.

Guru2, whered you play today? it wasnt that warm... i was at ledgeview, it was only like 15 degrees.... i found it nice, but some other dudes i was playin with were sayin it was cold....

Does Tiger Woods 06 count? There is still about 6 inches of snow on the course here, and te temps keep getting down to -10 or so at night - the earliest course that opens anywhere is International 2000, and they will probably be another month or so:memad: .
    I can't wait for shore leave so I can get me som fukkin' poon-tang.

Cincinnati has been on and off playable for most of the winter. Expectations are pretty low in terms of course conditions. The courses don't cut the greens, change the cups/tees, rake bunkers, etc. until around April but I'll take it. I played 9 holes on Saturday and Sunday and found it pretty enjoyable. It's definitely not always warm but there is pretty much no one on the course.
    Of course we're expecting a pretty bad winter storm tonight. First day of spring my @ss!

SP-Played Guildford.Not the best course but close to my house.How Ledgeview playin' ?

Ledgeview was amazing, in immaculate shape, greens are fast as hell, but really receptive, great combo, had a sloped downhiller, like 3 ft, tapped it, my putting stroke was literally this long ------------(ball here)------------, barely tapped it, and it went 12 ft by, wasnt even that steep (on 9th hole btw for those who know where im talking about).

Played 36 last Wen. & another 36 Sunday, can't wait for daylight savings time so I don't have to burn vacation to play.
    Taylor Made R540XD 10.5*
    Sonartec NP-99 15* & 21*
    Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
    Mizuno MP T Black Ni 51-06, 56-13, 60-08
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport

Thread Information